View Poll Results: Which park do you think would be better as a "one-off day"?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tokyo Disneyland

7 25.93%
  • Tokyo DisneySea

20 74.07%

Thread: TDL vs TDS?

• TDR... It gets the love!!

TDL vs TDS?

I consider myself to be a fairly knowledgeable person when it comes to Disney... I've been to each of the parks around the world. But today I faced one of the hardest decisions. This year I'm going back to Tokyo Disney for a day with a large group of teenagers and couple of adults (mixed). I myself generally preferred Tokyo Disney Sea to Disneyland, as TDS is unique to Tokyo, but I'm the only one who has ever been to a Disney park. I feel that most of those people will probably see a Disneyland "style" park sometime in their life, and felt that Disney Sea would be better because of its uniqueness, the theming and being a more teen/adult orientated park. But will there be a lack of "big" attractions for the one day? No actual roller coasters apart from Raging Spirits and Flounder's (compared to Space Mountain?) I prefer JttCotE and Indiana Jones Adventure to Space Mountain, but still, there could be a need for a well themed coaster in TDS. My main concern is that will we have run out of "big" attractions to do by the end of the day... I personally wouldn't get bored, because I just love the attention to detail and wandering the park. But with a group of high energy teenagers, most wanting more thrills to do... Which do you think would be the best park to go to? They may only go to TDR once...
    Thanks!
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: TDL vs TDS?

For that group, I'd pick TDL. Everyone should have a Magic Kingdom-park experience.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    For that group, I'd pick TDL. Everyone should have a Magic Kingdom-park experience.
    Hmmm... yes. I know where you are coming from. But most of the people in the group are also not really wanting to go because they think it's going to be "Disney everywhere," and Disney Sea is less "Disney in your face." And also I can basically guarantee they'll visit a Magic Kingdom style park in the next ten years, but probably will never be able to experience TDS in their lives... But thanks, I'll take that into consideration !
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Personally, DisneySEA is a better theme park in every way than TDL mainly because you can survive happily for one day without taking a single ride because of the fact that DisneySEA is an attraction in itself, the scenery is gorgeous and landscaping is well designed. But I agree with MatterhornJ that since its just a one day experience, you would vouch for a more core-Disney type of experience.

I prefer TDS to TDL, but for first timers I think a MK style park is the way to go since they get to experience what Disney is really all about.

And if they do fall in love with Disney, it`ll give them a reason to come back to TDR and visit TDS.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Why not just ask the group which park they like to visit for the day and go with the majority vote. Since you consider yourself in your words a fairly knowledgeable person when it comes to Disney, use this to discuss with the group the positive's of each park and see which one they prefer to visit. No matter what park you decide to visit, you will not be letting the group down.

Now if I had to pick a park it would be Tokyo Disneyland, plenty of unique attractions, and it offers the classic Disney experience that no First timer should miss. It also has plenty to keep teenagers occupied, including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Monsters Inc etc.

• You have much to learn...

I believe you can't go wrong with TDS- I guess I've been to enough of Disney parks that TDL wouldn't be my first preference- although I love it all the same, I just like TDS better.

• TDR Annual Passport

I'd go with DisneySea simply because it's not overly easy to get to Tokyo for most people. It's unique to Tokyo as you've already stated and I think most people would like to see something that isn't anywhere else in the world. Disneyland would be fun but you can see the same type of park in California or Orlando.

Tokyo DisneySea is the most beautiful, most amazing, most enjoyable of ANY Disney theme park in the world. In the U.S., Epcot is my favorite, but as much as it pains me to say, Tokyo DisneySea is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above Epcot.

It's astonishingly clean (like the Disneyland you remember in your dreams), with effortlessly polite staff and some absolutely mind-boggling attractions. Journey to the Center of the Earth ... 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ... Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (the best "Small World"-type ride outside of "Small World" -- possibly better!) ... the Tower of Terror ... these are all stellar Disney experiences.

What a fantastic park. I'm getting "homesick" just thinking about it!

• Minion

I'd go for TDS, because the park is amazing, I hope to visit it one of these days. I'd only select TDL if the person hadn't been to any MK around the world

• Not here to help

It doesn´t have the wildest coasters, it doesn´t have the longest list of rides.... but... Tokyo DisneySEA is the only park in the world that is better than ANY Disneyland. Rides and the park itself takes visitors on a journey beyond imagination.

DisneySEA is the best themepark in the world.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

If this were a group of like-minded Disney fans, the answer would be Tokyo DisneySea without question. Since that does not apply to your group, perhaps you can determine their main interests when visiting a theme park. Tokyo DisneySea is the most elaborately themed and beautiful theme park in the world, but the average person doesn't have the same affinity for theming and attention to detail that we do. These people may only care about the sheer quantity of attractions they can ride, regardless of how well-themed they may be. Thus, Tokyo Disneyland may be a better choice for that kind of crowd. Though if they have never been to a Disney park, there's no guarantee that the family-friendly attractions will appeal to the "thrill-seekers" who may have a preference for more thrilling roller coasters ala Six Flags. To fully enjoy Disney parks, you really have to be able to appreciate the effort put into storytelling and theming.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~