• Zippersful

Talking Advice/tips, plus Q's about TDR with a toddler

Hi, all! I'm hoping for some advice and tips on visiting TDR with a toddler! We are planning on going to the parks in the cooler months of 2011, so we all aren't sweating to death and the crowds won't be so bad (knock on wood). I'm hoping for a halloween trip, but it's still up in the air. Also, I've heard from friends about TDR denying entrance to those with visible tattoos (I know it's prohibited in pool areas). I have none, but my husband has a few on his arms.

1)What are the rules on bringing outside food/drinks in?

2)Character M&Gs - My little one adores Stitch. What are our chances of getting a photo with him? what about some Toy Story characters? I know Mickey has his own little area in Toontown for photos, is that open all day?

3)Now, I know that rides like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain aren't options to take the wee one on, so anyone know if TDL does the rider swap thing?

4)I read somewhere that tripods aren't allowed - true?

5)Last one - Drive to the parks or take the train? We live on a military installion about an hour to two hours (depending on city traffic) away. I haven't crunched the numbers on train fare vs. road tolls yet, just unsure of the better option, although I think I'm leaning towards driving. What is the cost of parking there?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Advice/tips, plus Q's about TDR with a toddler

Hi there!
    I suggest you hop over to the Tokyo Disneyland Boards with your questions.
    There are LOTS of experts over there.
    We are actually leaving soon with our toddler to go there for the first time. So I can post our experience when we get back if you're interested.

I can try to answer your questions:

1. I don't think they allow to bring any food/drinks. If I remember correctly on their FAQ page it's listed a the picnic area to eat the food you bring yourself outside the park. But I could be wrong

3. Yes they do parent swap. I asked on the other board and I also found it on the FAQ page after surfing the web for hours...

4. Yeah, no tripods or any pods at all. I guess people used to stake their spots for hours before parade and stuff that they had to crack down on it.

If you do some searches on the Tokyo Disneyland board you will find most your answers there. If you can't find it you can always post and the experts will help you

Have fun planning!
    Last edited by csrt; 09-03-2010 at 12:41 PM.

• Zippersful

Re: Advice/tips, plus Q's about TDR with a toddler

Thanks, csrt!
    Sorry it took so long for a reply. The power cable for my computer broke
    WDW - Magic Kingdom :: June 2004
    WDW - MK & Epcot :: December 2006
    Tokyo Disneyland :: 11/2010