Thread: TDR tickets

TDR tickets

My 16 year old son and I am headed to Tokyo early August and I was wondering if it's possible to buy park tickets in advance. Usually when we go to WDW or DL we have our tickets in hand before we get to the park. I've looked around and so far I can only find info on buying them at the park. Does anyone know of cheap places in Tokyo to get tickets?

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: TDR tickets

There are no "discount" ticket places for the public like you find in FL or CA.

Tickets can be pre-purchased at selected Disney Stores throughout Japan. You can find out online which Disney Stores have ticket counters available.

There is also the Tokyo Disneyland Resort ticket center in Ikspiari (TDR's version of Downtown Disney) or the Guests Relations windows outside the gates of the parks where you can purchase advanced tickets. This is a good option if you happen to be at or near the resort on a day prior to those days you will be going into the parks.

If you look at the official TDR ticketing website you will see a third option of online purchase. Only residents of Japan can have tickets delivered to their homes using this method. If you choose this option you will have to go to the Tokyo Disney Resort Ticketing Center once you arrive in Japan to make payments and pick up your ticket.

For multi-day passports purchases you need to know the exact dates you will be going to the parks. That way you will be guaranteed entry even if the park fills up and same day ticket sales are stopped for the day.

Undated tickets are only available for 1-day passports. Undated 1-day passports do not guarantee park entrance. Entry using an un-dated passport is based on advanced dated ticket sales and park attendance projected for the day in question.

Addtionally, multi-day passports at TDR work very differently than multi-day tickets in the US parks. Multi-day passports must be used on consecutive days. There is no such thing as a 1-day or 2-day park hopper. For days one and two you must designate at time of purchase which park you will be going to on each day. Days 3 and 4 are parkhopping days. You can not buy a multi-day passport for longer than 4 days.

Everything I have stated here is online at the official TDR website.

Sales Locations & How to Purchase Same-Day Tickets and Advance Tickets | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Disney Store | Find a Store
    Multi-Day Passports | Tokyo Disney Resort

• Not here to help

As I said before... there is a store in Shibuya , Disney Store, that sells tickets. Since you are going to Tokyo I am sure you have a day planned in Shibuya. If not... plan it, and buy the tickets in advance there.

Where ever you buy the tickets... make sure it is the real tickets and just vouchers for tickets. Vouchers have to be exchanged at the resort for real tickets.

Buy the real tickets in advance and arrive an hour before the parks open to be able to get fastpasses for Monsters Inc, Pooh and Toy Story Mania.

Have fun
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    As I said before... there is a store in Shibuya , Disney Store, that sells tickets. Since you are going to Tokyo I am sure you have a day planned in Shibuya. If not... plan it, and buy the tickets in advance there.

Where ever you buy the tickets... make sure it is the real tickets and just vouchers for tickets. Vouchers have to be exchanged at the resort for real tickets.

Buy the real tickets in advance and arrive an hour before the parks open to be able to get fastpasses for Monsters Inc, Pooh and Toy Story Mania.

Have fun
    And you claim your not here to help...excellent info T3!!!

If you don't get your tickets in advance, don't worry. It's plenty easy to buy them at the gate. Just make sure to get there an hour early, one of you can stand on line while the other buys the tickets. You won't have to do this more than once!

Make sure you bring some kind of head covering with you. In August, the sun can be brutal while standing/ sitting on line. Best is a folding umbrella that you can keep in your pocket or if you take a backpack. Seriously, an hour in the sun can leave you totally brain-fried before you even step foot in the park. You have been warned. A small amount of the line is shaded, but you can't count on getting lucky.