Need Advice About Getting From Shinjuku To TDR With Luggage

I will be travelling from Shinjuku to TDR, 2 adults + 1 suitcase + 1 cabin bag.
    I plan to use the bus from Shinjuku Station as I feel this will be quicker and easier than the trains. But I am a little concerned about the luggage space. Can anyone tell me if there is room on this bus for our suitcase? I would love to hear from someone that has travelled on this service.
    Thanks!

Re: Need Advice About Getting From Shinjuku To TDR With Luggage

Although I have not used this bus service nor traveled this exact route, I would be willing to bet that there would be room for your luggage underneath the bus; I imagine the bus is more like that of a tour bus where there is some dedicated space for those traveling with luggage, particularly if the primary reason is to transport passengers to Disneyland.

• Just another Disney fan..

To be certain I would need a link or a name of the bus service you are considering.

If it is just a regular city bus style there won't be storage compartments under the passenger area. If it is a tour/shuttle service bus it most likely will have a luggage area.

I'm just guessing, but are you talking about the bus services listed on the TDR website

Access to Tokyo Disneyland Resort from Shinjuku by bus

If so it lists two bus companies....

Keisei Bus Service 03-3691-0935
    JR Bus Service Kanto 03-3844-1950

Those company's busses typically will have luggage storage compartments, but the scheduled service listed in the time tables looks like it is catered towards day guests who typically would not have luggage.

To be sure I would call the numbers given.

Yes I am talking about the buses that are mentioned on the TDR website; Keisei Bus Service and JR Bus Service.
    I am nervous about ringing from Australia because I only speak English. I'm leaving in 10 days so I guess I'll just turn up with the suitcase and see if we can get on. If we can't, then I'll get the trains.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by ernz30 View Post
    I am nervous about ringing from Australia because I only speak English.
    I just called the bus companies in Japan to ask for you.

The buses do have the storage underneath for luggage so you shouldn't have any problems. I would suggest you line up a little early because it is first come first serve and if the bus fills up they will not bring another bus until the next scheduled departure time.

If you have any other questions you can call the bus company directly. Just ask for help in English. I am able to speak Japanese enough to get buy, but the person that answered the phone did say they had someone who could speak English.

Have a nice trip!

omg roger thank you thank you thank you! that is so kind of you to ring them for me. You have just made my holiday better and more stressfree. 8 days until I leave. I wish I found this forum 6 months ago, there is some really great info here from very kind people.