Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Merry "Grinchmas" Universal Hollywood?! Check Out USH Job Ads

Universal Studios Hollywood Employment

Performers - Holiday Season

Casting for Dancers, Grinch Look-a-Likes, Stilt Walkers, Whoville Characters. You may call our Audition Hotline @ 818.866.4021 for further details (i.e., location, time, date, etc.). We ask that you please apply online as "PERFORMER" before attending audition. Thank you!
    ~~~~~~~

Can't see any other reason why Univesal would advertise for Grinch look-a-likes and Whoville Characters if it wasn't planning to bring Grinchmas to USH. AnyWho, this appears to be wonderful news.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-28-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: edited hotlinked images and cleaned up the formatting
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Blog Entries

Re: Merry "Grinchmas" Universal Hollywood?! Check Out USH Job Ads

Good for you West Coasters. I love the whoville things they do in Orlando. The Grinchmas show is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best shows they have in the whole resort (next to the horror show of course).

• Oo-de-lally

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Good for you West Coasters. I love the whoville things they do in Orlando. The Grinchmas show is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best shows they have in the whole resort (next to the horror show of course).
    I agree
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• ...TWO BITS!

Can't wait. I'll ask a USH friend tomorrow.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Wow, I've been wishing for this since the one year it was here! I never actually thought it'd happen.

• ...TWO BITS!

CONFIRMED:
    Celebrate the Holidays with the Grinch

Make your Holiday Season a little mischievous and a whole lot of fun!
    Come play in REAL SNOW during the New Grinchmas!

Open weekends starting Dec 6 and daily Dec 20-31.

(I wonder if they'll have a show. Or streetmasphere. Or snow falling in Citywalk again)

NOW OPEN FOR THE HOLIDAYS

This year, we're open on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day

(In case you didn't know, USH doesn't usually open on major holidays like July 4th, Thanksgiving, and X-mas)

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    CONFIRMED:
    Celebrate the Holidays with the Grinch

Make your Holiday Season a little mischievous and a whole lot of fun!
    Come play in REAL SNOW during the New Grinchmas!

Open weekends starting Dec 6 and daily Dec 20-31.

(I wonder if they'll have a show. Or streetmasphere. Or snow falling in Citywalk again)

NOW OPEN FOR THE HOLIDAYS

This year, we're open on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day

(In case you didn't know, USH doesn't usually open on major holidays like July 4th, Thanksgiving, and X-mas)
    Thanks, filmfreak, for confirming the wintery-wonderful official news of the very first Grinchnas at Universal, Hollywood! That in and of itself will warrant a visit to USH = especially as a side trip for those visiting Disneyland. Can't wait.

I know that Universal Studios Hollywood hasn't had Grinchmas in a while. But what sort of events and venues were added for Grinchmas last time it took place at Universal Studios Hollywood?

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Previous to this year, the only two days a year the park would close is Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

There is an ad for this in Westways Magazine (the mafazine that comes with your Auto Club membership) so it must be true.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by edge4004 View Post
    I know that Universal Studios Hollywood hasn't had Grinchmas in a while. But what sort of events and venues were added for Grinchmas last time it took place at Universal Studios Hollywood?
    I think there was a maze through the Grinch's cave in the current Universal House of Horrors. Hence the cartoony clouds that used to be on the building. Today, that maze building is painted as "Stage 13". It's directly behind the Blue Brothers stage. Apparently the stage was used to have snow sledding.

I think all this info came from thestudiotour.com

personally, i didn't get to see it.

-Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome news.

Hopefully they'll re-paint the grinch set on the tour. (too much to ask???)

just looked on thestudiotour.com and didn't see anything.

Thestudiotour.com has the original press release from the 1999 Grinchmas event at USH:

theStudioTour.com - Universal Studios Hollywood - Grinchmas

Universal Studios Hollywood will present "Grinchmas," a special "Who-liday" celebration based on Theodor Geisel's beloved holiday classic, beginning November 17 and continuing through January 1 2000, in conjunction with the opening of Imagine Entertainment's "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas," the highly anticipated Universal Pictures holiday feature film starring Jim Carrey.
    A Universal Studios Hollywood celebration of everything Who-vian, Grinchmas takes the delightfully off-kilter residents of Dr. Seuss' Who-ville -- including the Grinch himself -- off the screen and brings them to life for park guests.
    As guests enter the park, they'll be greeted with elaborate and zany Who-vian holiday decorations. A fanciful Who-vian procession will wind its way through the park several times daily while acrobatic Seuss-ian street performers deftly balance stacks of teetering holiday gift packages. Guests will also hear singing Whos, play in real snow and experience close encounters with the Grinch and his little dog, Max.
    At the Who-ville Who-bilation area, singing and dancing Who-villians teach the Grinch the true spirit of Christmas. Young revelers can slip and slide down the 41' tall, icy Mt. Crumpit Snow Plummet sledding hill, or meander through The Grinch's Cave Maze, where prodded on by the voice of the Grinch, they'll see the fanciful original prop furnishings from the movie, interact with the Grinch himself and enjoy other surprise features throughout the enormous and whimsically constructed cavern.
    Who-ville Who-bilations will abound nightly, with a singing and dancing cast of Who-villians, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, appearances by the Grinch's faithful dog Max and real snowstorms. Guests can snack on such Seuss-ian treats including Mt. Crumpit Crispy Treats, Grinch cookies and, of course, green eggs and ham, served each morning for breakfast.
    The Grinchmas celebration continues aboard the famed Studio Tour, where guests will see the original Who-ville sets, among the most imaginative and elaborate ever constructed on Universal's historical back lot. At Universal CityWalk, a "walk-through" display sponsored by Kodak will provide guests with a unique Grinch photo opportunity.

Yay, i have a USH pass, I'm so excited
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Awesome news.

Hopefully they'll re-paint the grinch set on the tour. (too much to ask???)

just looked on thestudiotour.com and didn't see anything.
    Wouldn't be a bit surprised if a new set of paint is in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by edge4004 View Post
    Thestudiotour.com has the original press release from the 1999 Grinchmas event at USH:

theStudioTour.com - Universal Studios Hollywood - Grinchmas

Universal Studios Hollywood will present "Grinchmas," a special "Who-liday" celebration based on Theodor Geisel's beloved holiday classic, beginning November 17 and continuing through January 1 2000, in conjunction with the opening of Imagine Entertainment's "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas," the highly anticipated Universal Pictures holiday feature film starring Jim Carrey.
    A Universal Studios Hollywood celebration of everything Who-vian, Grinchmas takes the delightfully off-kilter residents of Dr. Seuss' Who-ville -- including the Grinch himself -- off the screen and brings them to life for park guests.
    As guests enter the park, they'll be greeted with elaborate and zany Who-vian holiday decorations. A fanciful Who-vian procession will wind its way through the park several times daily while acrobatic Seuss-ian street performers deftly balance stacks of teetering holiday gift packages. Guests will also hear singing Whos, play in real snow and experience close encounters with the Grinch and his little dog, Max.
    At the Who-ville Who-bilation area, singing and dancing Who-villians teach the Grinch the true spirit of Christmas. Young revelers can slip and slide down the 41' tall, icy Mt. Crumpit Snow Plummet sledding hill, or meander through The Grinch's Cave Maze, where prodded on by the voice of the Grinch, they'll see the fanciful original prop furnishings from the movie, interact with the Grinch himself and enjoy other surprise features throughout the enormous and whimsically constructed cavern.
    Who-ville Who-bilations will abound nightly, with a singing and dancing cast of Who-villians, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, appearances by the Grinch's faithful dog Max and real snowstorms. Guests can snack on such Seuss-ian treats including Mt. Crumpit Crispy Treats, Grinch cookies and, of course, green eggs and ham, served each morning for breakfast.
    The Grinchmas celebration continues aboard the famed Studio Tour, where guests will see the original Who-ville sets, among the most imaginative and elaborate ever constructed on Universal's historical back lot. At Universal CityWalk, a "walk-through" display sponsored by Kodak will provide guests with a unique Grinch photo opportunity.
    Great research, edge. The 2008 Grinchmas should be even more elaborate and fun-filled than 1999. Just love that phrase, "Who-liday".

Quote Originally Posted by monicaduy View Post
    Yay, i have a USH pass, I'm so excited
    Sweet! It's the perfect time to have a USH pass, monicaduy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast