• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

USH Escalator Injures 8

source: Reno Gazette Journal online

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. (AP) Eight people suffered minor injuries when an escalator at the Universal Studios theme park suddenly went into reverse, throwing visitors off their feet and down the stairwell.

Park spokesman Eliot Sekuler said the accident happened around 4 p.m. Monday on an escalator leading from the lower rides at Studio Center up to the rest of the park.

Eight people suffered minor injuries and were transported to a hospital for evaluation.
    Sekuler says officials and mechanics are investigating the malfunction.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: USH Escalator Injures 8

Whoa! I hope everyone ended up okay. Those are some scary huge escalators, and I'm thankful folks didn't tumble the entire length.

wow I was just there 2 weeks ago, thats a scary thought
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• ...TWO BITS!

Sorry to read about it.

But I must question if the guests that fell were holding on to the black rubber handrails at the time...? Wonder if that helped at all with everyone on that escalator. I make a point to hold on to them all the time. And I'm sure there's a spiel that asks people to do so as well.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I don't see what the fuss is all about. It was a new attraction built for the park. Sheesh...give Universal Studios a little credit! They're only trying to make things more realistic!

- Joe

• Yeah.....

As long as it didn't look like this, I'll be fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=UPHftYgSdwA

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I don't see what the fuss is all about. It was a new attraction built for the park. Sheesh...give Universal Studios a little credit! They're only trying to make things more realistic!

- Joe

Shoot! You beat me to it!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    Shoot! You beat me to it!

I am glad I am not the only one with a morbid sense of humor!

On a serious note... those escalators to the lower lot are dangerous... I remember almost slipping on the one right before the observation deck halfway down to the lower lot because it was a busy day and someone behind me had bumped into me as the escalator was going down! Not good

Not to mention this was the last Universal trip I ever took since it was for my Birthday and a week before we moved to Phoenix when I was 16!

• Vasooki-land Owner

Wow. I always hate those. I almost always take the stairs.

It was bad enough that during the 5.sometihng earthqauke we had in july I was on an escalator, in a mall. Gosh that was scary. I thought it was the big one and that we were going to die. Reason not to like those escalaotrs
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    Wow. I always hate those. I almost always take the stairs.

It was bad enough that during the 5.sometihng earthqauke we had in july I was on an escalator, in a mall. Gosh that was scary. I thought it was the big one and that we were going to die. Reason not to like those escalaotrs

ok going off topic for a quick second... was this your first 5.0 or higher earthquake because if it is... You can now wear the noble badge of being a pure and true Californian! And if it isnt... then you are an extra special californian for surviving more than one It kinda sucks that you were on a mall escalator though so that earns you double points for bravery

I always have a saying that was told to me by my family growing up... "you cant call yourself a Californian unless you have been in a 5.0 or higher earthquake!"... on a side note I remember when the Northridge quake happened... I didnt live in that vicinity at the time but we could still feel aftershocks from it in La Puente/West Covina and I was a little one at the time so all I could remember was my bed shaking all night and OMG! Not being able to sleep... you know that saying about "the big one"... its bound to happen someday!

• Vasooki-land Owner

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    ok going off topic for a quick second... was this your first 5.0 or higher earthquake because if it is... You can now wear the noble badge of being a pure and true Californian! And if it isnt... then you are an extra special californian for surviving more than one It kinda sucks that you were on a mall escalator though so that earns you double points for bravery

I always have a saying that was told to me by my family growing up... "you cant call yourself a Californian unless you have been in a 5.0 or higher earthquake!"... on a side note I remember when the Northridge quake happened... I didnt live in that vicinity at the time but we could still feel aftershocks from it in La Puente/West Covina and I was a little one at the time so all I could remember was my bed shaking all night and OMG! Not being able to sleep... you know that saying about "the big one"... its bound to happen someday!
    *Sticks badge on* Yes, it was my first! When I was born there was a 3. something. xD I hope I am somewhere in Oklahoma when the big one happens.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!