Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hhn 2009

Hhn 2009

Anyone hear more about the "Saw" theme for HHN 2009?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Hhn 2009

Are you talking HHN Hollywood or HHN Orlando?

and from what i've heard, the Saw Haunted Attraction that was in Brea last year is being redesigned and coming back again this year. that may impact a Saw theme at HHN Hollywood, but Orlando could be open for that.

Orlando is lucky, becuase their HHN changes EVERY year, i'm so jealous of that
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

The Saw Maze in Brea was going to open in USH and Orlando. Are you sure the Brea maze will stay there while replicas open in the Universal Parks?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The Saw Maze in Brea was going to open in USH and Orlando. Are you sure the Brea maze will stay there while replicas open in the Universal Parks?
    i suppose the big question is "are the saw mazes opening in the universal parks?"

i haven't heard anything about that, but i'm gonna shoot a msg off to a friend who's big into the HHN scene in Orlando and see if he's heard anything. i'll let you guys know
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

I do believe there was an article (on tpa) that had an interview with the creator of the saw maze. In the article he mentions the mazes would be at HHN. Ill go look for the link but i do think he meant both parks.

Haunted Attractions UK - Exclusive News about a new Saw Attraction

"Yes this is very exciting – we have just signed a deal with Universal to bring Jigsaw and the world of Saw to Halloween Horror Nights this fall, both in Orlando and LA. I know in previous years they have had Freddy Kruger and Leatherface well this time Jigsaw gets to do his thing! Watch for more information coming soon!"
    http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com...index.html?ref=

The Hollywood section says more info to be announced in June. The Orlando section still has the 2008 stuff but you can buy tickets for '09...
    Last edited by Lane; 06-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Thanks for the link! Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out this fall
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Universal wouldn't copy someone else's maze. If Saw is used at this year's event, it would be an original creation.

I didnt say Universal was copying the saw maze. If i remember correctly, the people who where involved with the Saw maze in Brea were working with Universal to do a saw maze at HHN either a replica or new maze. I think Universal should just make a replica because it was fantastic in Brea. Though with more money, Universal could add some more stuff to it.

So is it just going to a maze at HHN or is the Theme "SAW"?? If everything is going to be Saw... then Halloween Haunt will win.

• Crazy Furry

So is it just going to a maze at HHN or is the Theme "SAW"?? If everything is going to be Saw... then Halloween Haunt will win.
    It's just a maze, for HHN Hollywood is going to have a maze based on Saw, a maze based on Michael Myers (Halloween)...and a third "Mystery Maze" who's theme has yet to be revealed.

As for Orlando, well since they have around 8 houses...there's no way Saw will be an overall theme. It's just going to be a maze.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Hmm. I think the Saw Maze will be the same maze that was in Brea. Now im curious whats going to be in Brea.. If the Saw Maze returns to Brea then i would assume Universals would be different.

I didnt say Universal was copying the saw maze.
    You've implied as much. Like I said, they wouldn't copy an existing attraction, and there's no indication that the people responsible for that other attraction are involved in any way. Why would they be? Universal has its own team of designers.

So after looking on the net.. seems like the Saw Maze in Brea is going to become Sinister Pointe or its moving to a new location. Im assuming since Universal bought the rights to do the maze from Lionsgate, the film studio didnt let Jeff (the producer of the Saw maze) continue to have his. Or, he only had it for that year. Its a shame, I was hoping to see the Saw maze again.
    If anyone was interested is seeing Sinister point
    Sinister Pointe 09' (Jeff Schiefelbein) | MySpace.com
    Its going to be 4 mazes now, one of which is a saw type maze without Jigsaw. So far, looks to be better than what HHN (Hollywood) sounds like.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

if HHN Hollywood doesn't change things from last year i'm going to be VERY frustrated, last year was such a carbon copy of the year before it was very disappointing

and for the love of all that's haunted...stop with the water spraying right in my face...annoying

as to sinister pointe, we'll give it a try this year, there's always certain so cal haunts we hit up during our Haunt trip every year, but for us..the Saw maze was a complete disappointment thanks to the blackout(if that's what he was) that walked behind us thru the entire maze carrying a plastic grocery bag with top ramen in it..ugh
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

blackouts piss me off.. During the February run there weren't any blackouts and only a few scaractors but it was still a blast. The only part that sucked was when you had to squeeze through the walk way.. with no blackout we had no clue where to go.. If Universal doesnt make their maze interactive then it would be inferior to the Saw Attraction.
    Water is a very cheap trick but on the log ride it never got old... ahh good times..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast