• Crazy Furry

RIPPED From the Silver Screen - HHN Orlando 2009

Get ready everybody, from Sept. 25 to Oct. 31 Universal Orlando will be terrorizing everyone in their 19th year of Halloween Horror Nights.

This years theme will be RIPPED From the Silver Screen, and so far the first three mazes that are confirmed are SAW, The Wolfman and Chucky.
    Also in one of the press releases, they will be using reimagined Frankenstein and Dracula concepts.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

Re: RIPPED From the Silver Screen - HHN Orlando 2009

Being a huge Dracula fan, I would love to see a awesome Dracula maze concept!! i'm excited.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Annie89 View Post
    Being a huge Dracula fan, I would love to see a awesome Dracula maze concept!! i'm excited.
    While it's not yet confirmed it's going to be a maze (Right now it's just a "reimagined concept".), chances are it will be a maze since they will probably have 8 of them like last year.

It should be interesting to see how they do it, all I can say is if they go more along the lines of Nosferatu or From Dusk Till Dawn...I will be one happy camper. ^_^
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I'm not going, but I'm excited as mad. I love the teaser site.

• Crazy Furry

In a bit of a quick update, a while ago Universal released the permits for the mazes.

Just like last year, there will be eight of them. However unlike last year, they gave each of the permits a code name. (For those of you don't know, last year they had the names of each house listed with the permits...so we all knew what maze to expect.)

Here's the list of all the locations, their code name and what I think the maze might be.

Soundstage 23 - Agana (Dracula)
    Soundstage 23 - Big Boy (Frankenstein)
    Sprung One - Geppetto (Chucky)
    Sprung Two - Civic Duty (Possible Icon House?)
    Parade Building - Flashlight (???)
    Soundstage 22 - Brute (WolfMan)
    Disaster Overflow Queue - Plea Sant Vielle (???)
    Jaws Queue - Hammer (SAW)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    In a bit of a quick update, a while ago Universal released the permits for the mazes.

Just like last year, there will be eight of them. However unlike last year, they gave each of the permits a code name. (For those of you don't know, last year they had the names of each house listed with the permits...so we all knew what maze to expect.)

Here's the list of all the locations, their code name and what I think the maze might be.

Soundstage 23 - Agana (Dracula)
    Soundstage 23 - Big Boy (Frankenstein)
    Sprung One - Geppetto (Chucky)
    Sprung Two - Civic Duty (Possible Icon House?)
    Parade Building - Flashlight (???)
    Soundstage 22 - Brute (WolfMan)
    Disaster Overflow Queue - Plea Sant Vielle (???)
    Jaws Queue - Hammer (SAW)
    Are you on HHNVault? Cause someone posted the same thing on there.

I don't think Saw will be in the Jaws queue, it's to big of a deal to stick it there, and records have shown that is not the best place houses they want to be successful.

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    Are you on HHNVault? Cause someone posted the same thing on there.

I don't think Saw will be in the Jaws queue, it's to big of a deal to stick it there, and records have shown that is not the best place houses they want to be successful.
    I am on Vault, though I don't think there's going to be a My Bloody Valentine or Amityville Horror house. Hence why I didn't put them on the list.

With Universal you never know, while yes the track record for the Jaws queue isn't impressive...in the beginning the Sprung tents weren't all that hot either.

Though the more I think about it, if the rumors are true about the icon being an usher...then chances are flashlight could be the location of the house. (Usher's use flashlights to go through the theater.)

Blog Entries

I am on Vault, though I don't think there's going to be a My Bloody Valentine or Amityville Horror house. Hence why I didn't put them on the list.

With Universal you never know, while yes the track record for the Jaws queue isn't impressive...in the beginning the Sprung tents weren't all that hot either.

Though the more I think about it, if the rumors are true about the icon being an usher...then chances are flashlight could be the location of the house. (Usher's use flashlights to go through the theater.)
    I don't think they have the rights to My Bloody Valentine anyway.

From what pictures I've seen on the Vault, the front of Sprung one does look like Chucky's box, (like everyone has been saying) and sprung two does look like a theater ticket booth. But it could for a Opera house, (I hope.)

• Diamond In The Rough

The new theme is both a blessing a and a curse to me.
    Living in the UK, I'm not in Orlando for many HHNs, and the ones that really get me interested are the ones heavily based on movies.

I missed last year, but wasn't that bothered as the movie-related mazes were minimal.
    However, I was there in 2007 (with Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, The Thing etc) but a combination of insane level crowds and my wife's scaredy-catness put a dampener on it. And now I'm going to be in town for this year's HHN which appears to be all about movies and I bet the same thing happens.

I'd rather be the other side of the Atlantic when the best HHNs happen so I don't feel so bad. Twisted logic, but it makes sense to me!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    The new theme is both a blessing a and a curse to me.
    Living in the UK, I'm not in Orlando for many HHNs, and the ones that really get me interested are the ones heavily based on movies.

I missed last year, but wasn't that bothered as the movie-related mazes were minimal.
    However, I was there in 2007 (with Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, The Thing etc) but a combination of insane level crowds and my wife's scaredy-catness put a dampener on it. And now I'm going to be in town for this year's HHN which appears to be all about movies and I bet the same thing happens.

I'd rather be the other side of the Atlantic when the best HHNs happen so I don't feel so bad. Twisted logic, but it makes sense to me!
    At least you've gone to one.

But last year was interesting, they had a investigation game going on last year. If you were not able to go you could still participate. That was fun.

• Crazy Furry

The website has now been updated, while there's no new maze or scarezone announcements...a very nifty feature has been added. Just click on Universal Palace Theater, and you will be introduced to a creepy sound recording talking about the renevation of a classic theater that over the years has been plagued with mysterious grisly incidents.

For me this is setting the stage of the overall theme of the event, and the possible build up of an icon. (Which will most likely be an Usher.)

Oh yes, keep your eyes peeled on the scrollable picture...for I believe the blank window sections are perfect spots to put up a movie poster. (aka, announcement of a new maze.)
    Last edited by AE_Fan; 07-16-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Blog Entries

The website has now been updated, while there's no new maze or scarezone announcements...a very nifty feature has been added. Just click on Universal Palace Theater, and you will be introduced to a creepy sound recording talking about the renevation of a classic theater that over the years has been plagued with mysterious grisly incidents.

For me this is setting the stage of the overall theme of the event, and the possible build up of an icon. (Which will most likely be an Usher.)

Oh yes, keep your eyes peeled on the scrollable picture...for I believe the blank window sections are perfect spots to put up a movie poster. (aka, announcement of a new maze.)
    That was cool, I would like to know what the whole thing says without the static.

• Crazy Furry

Well the site has been updated once again, and this time it's now going into the backstories for the various attractions.

I've also stumbled across something very interesting, apparently at Themeparkreview someone posted the list of all the mazes. Now I'm still taking it as a rumor, however it seems pretty credible due to a few things.

Here's the list.

SS 23- Frankenstein
    SS 23- Dracula
    SS 22- Wolfman
    Jaws Queue- SAW
    Disaster Queue- (Fangoria Presents) Leave it To Cleaver
    Sprung 1- Chucky
    Sprung 2- (Fangoria Presents) The Spawning
    Parade Building- Silver Screams

The reason why I think the list might be credible is I've been hearing that Fangoria was going to be involved with HHN this year. That and the code name for the Disaster maze was "Pleasantville", a type of setting that something like "Leave it to Beaver" was in. But in this case, it's going to be much more twisted.

• Crazy Furry

The site has finally gotten the big update, and boy is it a treat. The 3D theater is pretty neat and we finally have all the info for the mazes and scare zones. (Including Nazi Zombies!)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

lucky orlando...getting a Frankenstein maze, i'd love to see that on the west coast!

altho reading what they're having this year makes me very exctied for our trip out there next year for HHN, we had a BLAST there in 2007
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.