Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Halloween Horror Nights 2009 @ Universal Studios Hollywood

YOU'LL WISH IT WAS JUST A MOVIE,

Want to play a game? At Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, Saw is waiting. Step into Jigsaw's demented world.

ALL NEW
    Horrifying Mazes

SAW: Game Over
    Want to play a game? You don’t have a choice. Enter the twisted world of Jigsaw, the demented serial killer from the “Saw” horror films.

From the minute you set foot in Jigsaw’s secret lair, you know you’re being watched. As you navigate your way through the most twisted and infamous traps from your favorite “Saw” films, you realize you’ve become a pawn in Jigsaw’s demented game. Someone in your group will not survive. Will it be you?

HALLOWEEN: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers
    Michael Myers, the infamous masked killer, has returned to the town of Haddonfield on Halloween night! Prepare for a terrifying journey through the life and crimes of Michael Myers, from the original murder in the Myers House in 1963, to his troubled time in the Smith’s Grove Sanitarium and then his fateful and bloody return to Haddonfield.

Start by entering the home where it all began. But watch your back, Michael could be waiting around any turn. This is one open house you’ll never forget.

MY BLOODY VALENTINE: Be Mine 4 Ever
    Ten years ago, a tragedy changed the town of Harmony forever. Tom Hanniger, an inexperienced coal miner, caused an accident in the tunnels that trapped and killed five men and sent the only survivor, Harry Warden, into a permanent coma.

But Harry Warden wanted revenge. Exactly one year later, on Valentine's Day, he woke up...and brutally murdered twenty-two people with a pickaxe.

It's now the 10-year anniversary of the tragedy and Harry has returned to find that local teenagers use the abandoned mine as a party site…it's gonna be a bloody Valentine's Day!

Chucky's Funhouse
    The tortured soul of serial killer Charles Lee Ray is trapped inside the body of a doll named Chucky.

Chucky has continued Ray's murderous rampage, racking up an impressive body count. But something is missing.

Despite all the murder and mayhem, Chucky was never really taken seriously. After all, it's hard to compete with the big boys of horror when you’re pint-sized. But all of that is about to change.

Chucky has taken over an old, carnival funhouse and is raising an army of Killer Dolls to take his ultimate revenge on humanity! Welcome to Chucky's Funhouse…you’ll laugh yourself to death.
    Terror Tram on the Backlot
    TERROR TRAM: LIVE OR DIE
    Billy, Jigsaw’s messenger of doom from the “Saw” horror film franchise, invites you to play a game on the famous Universal backlot. To win this game, you’ll have to survive Billy’s test as a group…if even one member of the party doesn’t make it through to the other side, everyone will pay the ultimate price.

Will you make it to the end? Let the games begin!

Twisted Shows
    Bill and Ted Party On!!!!
    The Wyld Stallyns of time travel – Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan – return in an all-new parody show ripped from today’s headlines. Join Bill and Ted as they skewer a who’s who of infamous guest stars in this most excellent musical comedy you’ll want to see time and time…and time again!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - A Tribute
    There’s a light over at Frankenstein place. Join the wildest group this side of Transylvania as they present a live tribute to the cult classic film.
    Costumes, masks, make-up and props are not permitted at the event.

Rides
    Favorite attractions, such as The Simpsons Ride, Jurassic Park - The Ride, and Revenge of The Mummy - The Ride will be open during Halloween Horror Nights.
    Bone Chilling Scare Zones
    Let the Games Begin!
    From the moment you enter the main gate of Halloween Horror Nights the game is on! Your first challenge is to make it past Jigsaw's army of pig-faced, chainsaw-wielding minions. Better be quick on your feet or your night might end early.

Welcome to Hell
    Brave the flames of hell. Beware of demons, the seven deadly sins and a demonic street preacher standing atop a mound of human remains… or you may never leave.

Freak
    Hard times have fallen on the old carnival Freak Show. Out of work and starving, one renegade band of Freakz has developed a taste for human flesh. Watch your back on French Street or you may end up as dinner.

The Meat Market
    Welcome to the Meat Market, where a bloodthirsty family of butchers is on the loose! As you make your way past rotting, maggot-infested animal carcasses and buzzing flies, watch your step or you just might get caught in the butchers’ whirling blades. In other words…you’ll be their next meal.

Shaun of the Dead
    Zombies from Universal's cult classic “Shaun of the Dead” have invaded Baker Street! Now it's up to Shaun and his slacker friend Ed to save themselves (and their beloved Winchester Tavern) from the hordes of vile, flesh-eaters that have overrun the streets of London.
    Stay out of the zombies' grasp or you'll end up one of the walking dead.

There will be Blood
    Jigsaw’s diabolical game continues. Billy, Jigsaw’s messenger of doom, broadcasts warnings on a giant video screen. At the end of the street is the entrance to Jigsaw’s lair. To get there, you have to survive a gauntlet of Jigsaw’s pig-faced minions. Watch out or it’ll be game over.

DATES:
    Friday, Oct 2: 7:00pm - 1:00am
    Saturday, Oct 3: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Friday, Oct 9: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Saturday, Oct 10: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Sunday, Oct 11: 7:00pm - 1:00am
    Thursday, Oct 15: 7:00pm - 12:00am
    Friday, Oct 16: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Saturday, Oct 17: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Sunday, Oct 18: 7:00pm - 1:00am
    Friday, Oct 23: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Saturday, Oct 24: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Sunday, Oct 25: 7:00pm - 1:00am
    Wednesday, Oct 28: 7:00pm - 12:00am
    Thursday, Oct 29: 7:00pm - 1:00am
    Friday, Oct 30: 7:00pm - 2:00am
    Saturday, Oct 31: 7:00pm - 1:00am

Hours are subject to change

Universal Studios transforms into the premier Halloween event in Southern California. But enter at your own risk.

Last edited by Kritter; 08-25-2009 at 11:21 AM.

• Para Su Seguridad...

Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2009 @ Universal Studios Hollywood

i want to go!!! :] haha its so fun!
    Next Disneyland Trip: idk..soon!!!
    My Disneyland Birthday Trip.. November 15

Disneyland is amazing!! <33

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

kritter..you might wanna look in the Universal Studios section of this forum:P

altho your post is more prettyful than mine
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

What's on the Terror Tram? Any more info on that? That sounds fun.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

BD Horror News - Jigsaw, Michael Myers Heading to 'Halloween Horror Nights' Hollywood!

Looks like Michael Myers may also be featured and have a maze to call his own? Let's hope!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    What's on the Terror Tram? Any more info on that? That sounds fun.
    You are taken to the area of the tram tour where the Dr. Seuss set is and are let off. From that point up to the airplane crash scene you are on foot.

You walk around the Seuss set, Bates Motel, Psycho House, and the airplane crash scene. At night, and being on foot, it is scary to walk around as you don't know where the people are hidden trying to scare you. Last year they had Jason, Leatherface, and Freddy areas set up through the walking area.

One spot was made to look like a campsite, then suddenly a girl ran out from the trees asking us to help her. Jason came out quickly behind her, grabbed the girl and started stabbing her. The Leatherface was set up right next to the Psycho House, if you go on the tram tour you'll see some wooden walls up to this day. What they do is put sheets up and you have to make it through the maze while Leatherface is chasing you ... and you hear the chainsaw ever so close. Finally the airplane crash scene was a bunch of different Freddy's hiding throughout the area popping up to scare you.

Once you make it through all there is a tram waiting for you to take you pack to the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by teknologicalterror View Post
    BD Horror News - Jigsaw, Michael Myers Heading to 'Halloween Horror Nights' Hollywood!

Looks like Michael Myers may also be featured and have a maze to call his own? Let's hope!
    oh! i hope they've gotten Rob Zombie to design it. we loved his House of a 1000 Corpses maze back in 2000.

however BD.com only mentions a "mystery" third maze...i sure hope that doesn't mean that USH is only planning on 3 mazes for the entire event...the lines for their mazes are vastly longer than Knott's becuase they are so few to distribute the crowds into
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I have wanted to check out Horror Nights for years but it runs alongside Haunt which, of course, limits my chances. I might just have to skip a Sunday Haunt night (I'm looking at the October 11th and thinking that might be it) just to check it out.

Sadly, I've never been to a major Halloween-themed event outside of Knott's Scary Farm. I went to Haunt twice as a guest, once in '98 and once more in '99 before I started working there as a monster in 2000. Since then, it's been all Haunt, all the time in October (and more recently, in late-September as well).
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

I prefer Universal to Knotts...the tram ride that dumps you off at the Bates Motel is an automatic win LOL. I really enjoyed the mazes last year, especially the Nightmare on Elm St. one.

I hope they feature the original version of Myers, but I doubt many kids these days would recognize him!

If they do feature a Myers maze using Rob Zombie's ideas, I doubt he'll have any involvement/approval. So far only the Saw stuff is featured on the official site...hopefully it provides some updates soon. October will be here before you know it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

while universal's mazes are definantly lush to look at, there's just so few of them...when we went to HHN in Orlando they had 6 or 7 mazes, that's what Hollywood really needs to be solid competition against knotts who this year has 11 mazes and 2 rethemed rides
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

2 rethemed rides
    REALLY!? so their doing away with the spider theme for the calico mine ride. and the toxic spill leak for timber mountion?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

^^ no they are the same this year maybe with a few minor additions.... just hope the rookies dont flake out again in pyro like some did last year...
    I would want to go to HHN but Haunt is more of a priority for me. I went in 2006 and 07' and it sucked.. so maybe next year.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post

One spot was made to look like a campsite, then suddenly a girl ran out from the trees asking us to help her. Jason came out quickly behind her, grabbed the girl and started stabbing her.
    This is fun? I think I will stick to DL's "scary" festivities...

Nice. This will definitely be cool.

Last year's was a blast, even if there were only a few mazes. It sounds like they will have 4 mazes overall including the House of Horrors, which they have every year. I'm very interested in how they will theme the jigsaw and Michael Myers mazes.

• Crazy Furry

Well it looks like a new scarezone will be added for the event.

HHN TWITTER EXCLUSIVE: The cult classic zombie horror film "Shaun of the Dead" will be the theme of one of the new scarezones for HHH 2009!
    Also, from what I've been reading. The Saw maze will take place in a shuttered theater.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast