Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

USH Tram Tour King Kong News

I heard that they are in the process of making a new King Kong Encounter which will be based on the 2005 version of King Kong.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's still set to open in Summer of next year or in 2011.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: USH Tram Tour King Kong News

They are building it right now. It is near the collapsing bridge. I don't know when it's going to be open. It was about a month ago that I saw it and it is in the very early stages of construction. I would say 2011 though.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Spring 2010 - Collapsing Bridge is currently closed due to the proximity of construction.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Do we know if this new King Kong is going to be a Huge Animatronic? or a Digital CG kind of King Kong. Also do we know if they are going to build a T-Rex?. I heard they were building the King Kong based on the Fight scene from the Movie between T-Rex and King Kong?

with such a short construction schedule it almost sounds like it will all be 3d movie based attraction.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    Do we know if this new King Kong is going to be a Huge Animatronic? or a Digital CG kind of King Kong. Also do we know if they are going to build a T-Rex?. I heard they were building the King Kong based on the Fight scene from the Movie between T-Rex and King Kong?
    It's going to have an animatronic since it's been confirmed that Garner Holt would build a King Kong AA

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Banned User

There will be no animatronics in it. It'll be entirely projections.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    It's going to have an animatronic since it's been confirmed that Garner Holt would build a King Kong AA
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    There will be no animatronics in it. It'll be entirely projections.

Forbidden Eye, meet stitchon.

Based on what Screamscape has posted, it's supposed to be 3-d projections, so I guess I'm siding with stitchon on this one. The question of how, exactly, they will be distributing/collecting the glasses is still up in the air.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Queen of Sarcasm

Agreed with the others that said there is going to be no AA. I know they are advertising it as an immersive 4-D attraction with 3D glasses.

That and I can't find anything that even mentions the use of an AA anywhere.

• Future Indy Castmember

Well, how about we wait until it gets closer to spring or summer next year because i'm not trusting anyone with information unless it comes from USH itself. Even if it's from screamscape becasue I know how information is twisted on sites like screamscape and our own.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

The press release-
    King Kong, among the screen’s most powerful and enduring icons, will re-emerge on the famed and newly upgraded Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour in summer, 2010 as a thrilling and ground-breaking 4-D multi-sensory marvel, a new signature attraction for Universal Studios Hollywood.
    The new King Kong attraction, based on the Oscar®-winning 2005 Universal Pictures film, will combine thrilling visceral effects with the world’s largest Surround Digital projection system to create a next-generation theme park experience.
    Larry Kurzweil, President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood, said: “King Kong has been an integral part of
    Universal Studios Hollywood for decades and, after last year’s fire, we knew he had to be resurrected for our Studio Tour guests. We’re very excited to announce that not only are we re-introducing King Kong, but we’ve completely re-imagined the experience and will incorporate this legendary icon into a
    truly innovative Studio Tour attraction.”
    In the new attraction, guests will don special glasses as they enter a darkened soundstage aboard the Studio Tour trams and will be transported— via the magic of Surround Digital 3D projection —deep into the dark heart of the world of Skull Island. They’ll survive a close encounter with a swarm of monstrous bats, only to be confronted by the terrifying presence of Kong himself. Suddenly, an enormous, ravenous 35′ tall dinosaur will challenge Kong and guests will feel their trams jolt, roll and shudder as they find themselves caught in the middle of a ferocious showdown between the great ape and the giant lizard. The action will immerse guests in the battle between the two colossal predators.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Circle of Ancients

So are they just going to hand out 3D glasses when you get on the tram?

It sounds like they are going to hand them out or they may have them on the tram itself? so are we getting Transformers and King Kong in the same Year?

• What do u mean u people?

Kong - 2010
    Transformers - 2011

• Banned User

Heh, no one seems to know just HOW they are going to pass out the glasses. I'm guessing that they might have guests hold them for the tour until they reach King Kong, and after so many pairs get lost or thrown over the side of the tram they'll realize what a stupid move it was NOT to just do a new animatronic version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast