Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    I think that's a great idea DTH. Have makeshift benches that can easily be folded up in a couple of days at the most and have a show there.

    Back on topic.

    I'm very pleased to hear that Transformers will indeed have animatronics in there. The only thing is, how in the world are they going to have the animatronics match up with the virtual 3-D robots? I don't know how they are going to pull this off but I'm sure Universal knows how to do it. I just hope they don't rely too much on virtual effects and have some good solid physical effects mixed in.

    With all this stuff about this ride having all these pyro effects and animatronic robots, I think it could be very possible this ride might be better than Spider-man! We would literally have the greatest ride of all time right where we live! That would be awesome!

  2. #17

    • You're late for TEAAA!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Swan Station (a.k.a. The Hatch)
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    My guess is the large robots that aren't doing much will be animatronics, like the life size Bumblebee they had go to alot of theaters when Trans2 opened (and was also on the City Walk for a weekend or so). They'll maybe move their hands, talk and what not. And then the action type robots, rolling and jumping will be the 3D effects.

  3. #18

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    This is a video update that someone posted of the construction:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuYmWnoCNM&playnext_from=TL&videos=hT1Rbr YLVoo&feature=sub"]YouTube - Transformers Ride Under Construction at Universal Studios Hollywood[/ame]

    Looks like they're demolishing the side that was formerly Special Effects Stages and possibly the other attached soundstages and building a new structure.

  4. #19

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    ^ That's good news if they are planning on attaching it to another structure.
    I was afraid this ride would be like Mummy, where they try to fit everything in the ET building instead building a bigger one.

  5. #20

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    ^this could also mean they could build another sound stage to be used for a New Special Effects Show. Yay

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Wow. I didn't realize they would tear down the building. In that case I guess it is going to open 2012.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Posts
    986

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Don't get your hopes up too high for many big animatronics in this ride. Word's already floating around the Animations department (the people who maintain that sort of thing) that the ride's being budgeted down, and relying more on projections than anything else. Yippy, Why don't they just start giving out 3D glasses at the entrance to the park?
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

  8. #23

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    ^rumor is the ride wont need them....that would be worth it

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Don't get your hopes up too high for many big animatronics in this ride. Word's already floating around the Animations department (the people who maintain that sort of thing) that the ride's being budgeted down, and relying more on projections than anything else. Yippy, Why don't they just start giving out 3D glasses at the entrance to the park?
    There better be at least ONE giant animatronic robot in there or they will have lied to us in the press release! If they cut back on this ride, I will have COMPLETELY lost hope in USH. First they cut corners on the Mummy, now they're going to rely almost entirely on projected effects? I hope this is just a rumor and nothing else; but unfortunately, with the bad fiscal year Universal's been having lately, I could actually see this happening. I just hope Kong ranks in the big bucks and that will cause them to think differently.

  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^rumor is the ride wont need them....that would be worth it
    What do you mean? Are you saying that the rumor is no large animatronics...AT ALL and they're just going to have skimpy little robots?

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Talking Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    There better be at least ONE giant animatronic robot in there or they will have lied to us in the press release! If they cut back on this ride, I will have COMPLETELY lost hope in USH. First they cut corners on the Mummy, now they're going to rely almost entirely on projected effects? I hope this is just a rumor and nothing else; but unfortunately, with the bad fiscal year Universal's been having lately, I could actually see this happening. I just hope Kong ranks in the big bucks and that will cause them to think differently.
    Kong will make them think differently. Kong will be a success and management will look at it as "Hey, they seem to really like this new 3D stuff so let's ditch the AA's and make Transformers a 3D attraction."

  12. #27

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    What do you mean? Are you saying that the rumor is no large animatronics...AT ALL and they're just going to have skimpy little robots?
    No rumor is that it will be a 3D ride without glasses....which would make it cheaper to not add lager robots to the rides but we'll see what they do.

  13. #28

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    I honestly find that rumor hard to believe. Universal has been going balls out the past 2 years with WWOHP and Kong. They have no real reason to cut back. They certainly aren't loosing money.

    What exactly is the "animations department". Digital Domain and ILM responsible for Transformers CGI, Which are both 3rd party studios, not affiliated with Universal Studios Parks (directly).


  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Posts
    986

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Animations are the people responsible for maintaining the physical effects at Universal Studios Hollywood theme park.

    You know, like the Imhotep animatronic at Revenge of the Mummy, and the dinosaurs at Jurassic Park.

    Kong is about as far from "balls out" an attraction as they come, except for hype. They've got a park gm who HATES to spend any money, so I wouldn't be surprised at all by Transformers getting financially gutted.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

  15. #30

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: First Transformers Contruction Pictures!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Animations are the people responsible for maintaining the physical effects at Universal Studios Hollywood theme park.

    You know, like the Imhotep animatronic at Revenge of the Mummy, and the dinosaurs at Jurassic Park.

    Kong is about as far from "balls out" an attraction as they come, except for hype. They've got a park gm who HATES to spend any money, so I wouldn't be surprised at all by Transformers getting financially gutted.
    I just find that rumor hard to grasp. I think if they wanted to go cheap on Kong. They wouldn't have contacted Peter Jackson and Weta to do it. If the GM HATED spending money, i'm sure they wouldn't have done anything and Kong would be a mere memory. Doesn't that split the cost of R&D in half?
    Last edited by k_peek_2000; 05-29-2010 at 11:29 PM.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Sponsored contruction walls
    By Kidgenie in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
  2. [News] Red Car Track To Begin Contruction
    By salasavandy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
  3. 'Transformers 2' 6-26-09
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
  4. Attraction contruction pictures!?!?!
    By Beowulf in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
  5. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Contruction Photos)
    By Mission Control in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •