Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

I don't have a FULL idea as of right now but I'll post one later. However, I think it's time Jaws and Earthquake go.

Fast and Furious is just so stupid and it's not even how they really make movies or even those movies. I'd replace it with a HULK mini show of some sort, where they can use those two cranes to smash the cars together via a giant animatronic (a cover will be put over for this show). Either that or a Jason Bourne mini stunt show since people love that. Have a car on a track ride into the set and crash into some barrels. A guy on a motorcycle comes along and he knocks him off that. A few bullets whiz by and Bourne escapes, where the tour guide says we'll see him later on (possibly on the Jaws dock for a boat chase or an in a subway fight scene. different stunt man so the guy isn't doing two shows within 20 minutes).

• Banned User

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I don't have a FULL idea as of right now but I'll post one later. However, I think it's time Jaws and Earthquake go.
    I don't think Jaws should go anywhere. It could be updated but they can't take it out. That's classic. Earthquake, maybe it is. If you really miss it you can always to to Orlando to ride it.

Also I don't think the Simpsons ride should be in 3-D. I don't think we need a fifth 3-D attraction. We will already have Kong, Terminator, Shrek, and Transformers and that's enough as is!

• Banned User

In reagards to the lower lot...

I think the entire area should be re-themed to look like an actual environment--"Adventure Landing!" and not just a backlot.

As part of the Adventure Landing project, the entrances to Jurassic Park would be rearranged, pushed further pack, and the restaurant would be changed with a straw hut facade to blend in with the new, lush, jungle surroundings. Palm trees would sprout along the base of the hill, so as you ascend the last escelator you are transported into the new land more smoothly without seeing any backstage equipment.

Jurassic Park would receive a minor refurb, mostly for maitnence, but also some new A-A dinosours.

Revenge of the Mummy would receive an all new facade, themed to an Arabian Market house in Egypt, with tents and camals in front. For the new entrance, guests would enter where they usually do, and some film crew would be testing shots above them, imagine walking through the fountain at the entrance to the park. You'd then enter a small and detailed museum, in traditional egyptian/ Arabian style, imagine something like the Morrocco Pavilion at epcot meets Expedition Everest. The entire currently outdoor line would now be inclosed, first guests would wander through the museum, but then the film crew would take guests deep into the catacombs. The interior line will be pretty much the same.

The station will become much more detailed, with dynamic lighting to make guests feel like they are deep underground. nothing will be out of place now, as warning signs, lights, etc. will be redone. Vines would fall from the roof giving it an illusion of cramped height.

The ride itself will include the following changes:
    -new Imhotep AA will take its new home in the corridor with the skeletons coming at you.
    -The main hall will be re-done with fire effects and popping out skeleton warriors like the Orlando version.
    -Two skeleton warriors will drop right before the launch.
    -new 3-D skeleton warriors along the ride track with slight movements.
    -After slamming into the decaying scarab room, riders launch backwards through Imhotep's mouth, which expels a smoke ring at backwards riders.
    -dis-bodied hands reach for riders as they race backwards, escaping Imhotep.
    -removable walls will be put up between track sections to make the ride darker.
    -The new ending will be much like the original, but with fog too.
    -The finale corridor will be redone with stone work and vines, so as not to go out of theme.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I'd love to see how you guys would deal with the neighbors (including the Studio itself)- that could be REALLY interesting
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

If I was in charge the first thing I would do would be to redesign the queue and/or pre-show of every single attraction there. I like T2, but I am so sick of the whole "super" thing. I felt the same way about Backdraft when it was around. The finale was awesome, but I hated the first two rooms. I'd even lump The Simpsons and Shrek in there. Sometimes less IS more.

Then, I'd move the corporate events area. Currently it is in the Globe Theater which is behind House of Horrors. It is a waste of space having that in such a central location. Between that and House of Horrors, I think there's room there for a decent dark ride.

I'm divided on the Wild West Stage area. I'd hate to lose the space for HHN, but it is a good spot for another dark ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    If I was in charge the first thing I would do would be to redesign the queue and/or pre-show of every single attraction there. I like T2, but I am so sick of the whole "super" thing. I felt the same way about Backdraft when it was around. The finale was awesome, but I hated the first two rooms. I'd even lump The Simpsons and Shrek in there. Sometimes less IS more.

Then, I'd move the corporate events area. Currently it is in the Globe Theater which is behind House of Horrors. It is a waste of space having that in such a central location. Between that and House of Horrors, I think there's room there for a decent dark ride.

I'm divided on the Wild West Stage area. I'd hate to lose the space for HHN, but it is a good spot for another dark ride.
    You do realize the Globe is where they hold the Eyegore awards. Right?

I think we're both agreed that the WW arena should STAY empty. That's good maze space for HHN.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Okay here are my two cents.

Lower lot...
    I REALLY like the idea of giving a theme to the lower lot along the lines of a port of adventure. That is great. Anupdate of JP with a more immersive queue would be ideal.

What we all have to remember though is that this is not only a working movie studio but that there are people living in the hills adjacent to the park. Noise is something that CANNOT HAPPEN. It would disturb the hillside homes, much less impede any filming. The additions would have to be enclosed or not make consistent noise. It's a very unusual constraint.

I think that for the upper lot...

-Get rid of T2 and build the Men in Black attraction there or something similar or even new. That area is a huge waste of space in a park in such dire need of elbow room.

-rethink the overall layout of the walkways, widen them and give serious consideration to crowd flow. The park simply feels too claustrophobic in certain areas of the upper lot and it makes for some tense situations.

I would guess that with a bit of masterplanning the paths and adding dark rides or other family type rides to the perimeter you could increase capacity and open up space dramatically. Perhaps even use the old Creature from the Black Lagoon theatre's foundation for a high capacity omnimover type of a ride.
    As far as the Tram tour...

-Fast and Furious is TERRIBLE. JUST AWFUL. needs to go NOW! Like Superstar limo did for DCA, it would improve the park with it's absence.

- Bring back the collapsing bridge if possible

- Update Jaws a little more and QUIT mentioning Murder she wrote and cabbot cove. Nobody cares except for the people too old to ride the tram anyway.

-Everything else is still pretty good and holds up well. Love Earthquake, love the older sets and the newly built ones. The War of the Worlds set is a little messy but eh, it's still impressive.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    - Bring back the collapsing bridge if possible
    This will be back. It's only closed during Kongstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    You do realize the Globe is where they hold the Eyegore awards. Right?

I think we're both agreed that the WW arena should STAY empty. That's good maze space for HHN.
    Yeah and I've always kind of thought it was a waste. They do the awards on the first night of HHN and then it sits empty the rest of the time. The Eyegores could easily be moved to another area. Even if they don't do anything attraction-wise with the space, it would be nice if they could use the space for another maze or even put the Insult Emporium in there.

• Rides against injustice

I would tear down both the Animal Actors Stage and the stage where "Creature from the Black Lagoon" musical was and combine the spaces into land for a new ride. Either Men in Black or something all new.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    I would tear down both the Animal Actors Stage and the stage where "Creature from the Black Lagoon" musical was and combine the spaces into land for a new ride. Either Men in Black or something all new.
    MIB would not fit there. If you look at the building on Google map it's HUGE. It's twice the size of the Mummy building. No joke. It is.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    The Castle Theatre gets used for HHN. I can't see them ever tearing that sucker down.

And the Animal Actors show is almost always full.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinions. =p

The Castle just needs a show that runs Jan-Sept and changes every few years. (HHN during Oct, and a Holiday show in Nov/Dec)

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

... Please tell me when you have ever seen the Animal Actors stage full? In my experience, it's ALWAYS near empty and people leave before it's even over.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

There's also that little issue of Animal Actors and Castle Theater trying to settle off the side of the hill... oops.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ... Please tell me when you have ever seen the Animal Actors stage full? In my experience, it's ALWAYS near empty and people leave before it's even over.
    It was in January I was there last, and it was pretty full. (on a weekend)

It was also fairly hot out, so people were probably just wanting to sit down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast