Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

Okay ... being realistic here;

Upper Lot:

Get rid of Gibson Amphitheatre and create Spiderman/MIB attractions.

Gut the Monsters walk through and the building behind it (I believe that is just the big building they use when it's raining and for other events) and make a Universal Monsters omnimover attraction with AA's, etc. Would be a GREAT fit for the park.

New film for Terminator, could even be something to do with Avatar, doesn't necessarily have to be Terminator.

Updated Shrek film. I love the franchise but it's just after the 1st movie. With the fourth and (reportedly) final movie coming out would be a good time. OR ... replace it with the Jimmy Neutron/Nick attraction from FL. That thing is awesome.

Bring back wild west stunt show.

New show to replace Waterworld. Great show, but it's time for something new.

As was mentioned by CoasterMatt, replacing the Animal Actors/Creature theatre with anything significant isn't possible due to the hill.

Lower Lot:

As much as I hated Transformers 2, that will hopefully be good for that area.

Expand Mummy building (up) and re-do the coaster part of the attraction to make it more like FL's Mummy.

Not sure what more (if anything) can be done down there without using more "Studio" space.

Studio Tour:

For God sakes, get rid of Fast and Furious and War of the Worlds.

Agree with the updates for Jaws.

Keep Earthquake, but maybe some updates would be nice?

Update spinning tunnel, don't need Mummy there still. Bring it back as a snow tunnel or updated Battlestar Galactica.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 05-04-2010 at 06:47 AM.

• Minion

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

Here's a few ideas I have. They're not so much demo and replace. The're more update and retheme.

Jurassic Park:
    Updated/new AA's, updated/new effects (fire effects), etc in conjunction with JP 4.

Shrek 4D:
    Outside queue should be completely enclosed and themed to match castle facade making the castle look bigger like it is in the movies. The queue itself could start off as Shrek's swamp (Shrek m&g is right next door) then transition to the enchanted forest filled with fairytale creatures, and finally Duloc right before entering the dungeon for the preshow.

Castle Theater:
    The Castle Theater is home to the new Special Effects show opening later this year. I'd prefer this type of attraction down at the lower lot and put a stage show back in (a good one this time )

Curious George:
    Re-theme to Nick Jr.

Mummy:
    Fully enclosed queue themed to Egyptian Bazaar filled with curiosities. Show building will be themed to look like ruins to blend in the with Adventure theme someone else mentioned.

Simpsons:
    Get rid of the CGI film and replace with an animated film. The logic behind it is 1) the cartoon isn't CGI, 2) the movie wasn't CGI, 3) the segments in the queue and preshow aren't CGI, 4) etc. The facade needs to have some animation to it since it's supposed to look like Crustyland ie the ferris wheel should spin and the roller coaster car should ride along the track.

Globe Theater:
    Sorry but no attraction will go in there because it's used almost weekly for weddings, proms, and other private events.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Globe Theater:
    Sorry but no attraction will go in there because it's used almost weekly for weddings, proms, and other private events.
    Well shoot, I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.

How about using the monsters walk through as the queue, having a tunnel go under to the Wild West Stunt Show area and that being a new show building for some kind of Monsters Omnimover ride. It could work I think.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Well shoot, I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.

How about using the monsters walk through as the queue, having a tunnel go under to the Wild West Stunt Show area and that being a new show building for some kind of Monsters Omnimover ride. It could work I think.
    I'd move the new special effects show to the current monsters walk through freeing up the Castle Theater for a new show and reclaiming everything from the wild west arena to the flintstones carnival games for the monsters omnimover ride.

• Circle of Ancients

I'd move the new special effects show to the current monsters walk through freeing up the Castle Theater for a new show and reclaiming everything from the wild west arena to the flintstones carnival games for the monsters omnimover ride.
    I could go for that.

Jurassic Park:
    Updated/new AA's, updated/new effects (fire effects), etc in conjunction with JP 4.
    JP4 was cancelled two years ago due to the deaths of Stan Winston and Michael Crichton...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Actually, JP4 got the go ahead once more but it'll be somewhat of a reboot.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Galaxy View Post
    JP4 was cancelled two years ago due to the deaths of Stan Winston and Michael Crichton...
    JP3 director Joe Johnston is doing JP4 and confirmed it in interviews done in January of this year and in an interview he did 11/09 he says JP4 could be the start of a new JP trilogy.

EDIT: dth316 beat me to it

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    There's also that little issue of Animal Actors and Castle Theater trying to settle off the side of the hill... oops.
    "Landslide: The Ride"!!
    [QUOTE]
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Actually F!an, you said more than I did so props to you!

• DJ Trapeador-Superior

I love the idea of this thread.

I'll try to be as realistic as possible.

Upper Lot

• Remove WaterWorld. Replace with Back to the Future roller coaster. (The fact the BttF was replaced in the first place was a very odd decision as it plays an important part of Universal's history.)
    • Replace Universal House of Horrors with NBC Universal Experience.
    • Replace Shrek 4-D with How to Train Your Dragon 4-D. (Universal did a good job doing the flight effects with Shrek, so why not update it with a more recent Dreamworks film?)
    • T2-3D. Keep it. Update it's 3D.
    • Keep the Special Effects Show where it is today.
    • Replace Coke Soak area with Men in Black or Ghostbusters shoot 'em up dark ride.
    • Replace Universal's Animal Actors with Backdraft.
    • Move the Blues Brothers into the Hollywood Globe Theater.

• Where the Blues Brothers used to be: The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Experience. (This one might be a bit difficult to actually do. Possibly show the process of riffing (making fun of a movie), then show the film in it's final product. And of course the films will be Universal films (even good ones) and it will be a different movie every day.)

Lower Lot

• Where the NBC Universal Experience was: Twister: Ride it Out. Pretty much like the Universal in Florida's ride.

• Revamp Jurassic Park. Nothing new just update the dinosaurs a bit, a few more special effects (actually have the car near the lift hill, fall in the water).

Studio Tour

• War of the Worlds...well. Keep it, because it's simply amazing. BUT, add some aliens and have a tripod or two appear from the ground behind the house and plane. Have some people feel like there is some sort of danger to just being in the presence of the set, like others staged effects.
    • Move the mini Skull Island set right next to King Kong 360 3D.
    • Use the Collapsing Bridge, and not just have it as background for King Kong.
    • Have a last minute scare by Jaws, right as they are leaving the set.
    • Make Earthquake look more realistic. Don't change anything, just update the effects a bit.
    • Replace The Mummy's Tomb with Dante's Peak or a more recent movie.
    • Replace The Fast and the Furious: Extreme Close-Up with The Incredible Hulk special effects show. Mainly the Hulk appears and smashes a few cars and an explosion or two.
    • Keep the Parting Sea but add...dare I say it, Godzilla. Honestly, this park is dying for the King of the Monsters to appear. Godzilla could be on the right side of the "sea", have him appear out of the "sea" and on the other side, have King Ghidorah appear. Have both monsters "fight" and part the "sea" and move on.
    • Replace the Whoville Set with a Battlestar Galactica staged event. Keep the show itself short, and don't have it take up a lot of room. And of course, base it off of the 2004 series.
    • Replace the Dilophosaurus Jurassic Park spraying part. Replace it with a larger line of cars to add to the already to the line of cars.

Phew. I hope that's enough for everyone to chew. Love to hear any feedback on these ideas.

Próxima Película Para Ver: Cena Para Idiotas

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Moptop11 View Post
    I love the idea of this thread.

I'll try to be as realistic as possible.

Upper Lot

• Remove WaterWorld. Replace with Back to the Future roller coaster. (The fact the BttF was replaced in the first place was a very odd decision as it plays an important part of Universal's history.)
    • Replace Universal House of Horrors with NBC Universal Experience.
    • Replace Shrek 4-D with How to Train Your Dragon 4-D. (Universal did a good job doing the flight effects with Shrek, so why not update it with a more recent Dreamworks film?)
    • T2-3D. Keep it. Update it's 3D.
    • Keep the Special Effects Show where it is today.
    • Replace Coke Soak area with Men in Black or Ghostbusters shoot 'em up dark ride.
    • Replace Universal's Animal Actors with Backdraft.
    • Move the Blues Brothers into the Hollywood Globe Theater.

• Where the Blues Brothers used to be: The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Experience. (This one might be a bit difficult to actually do. Possibly show the process of riffing (making fun of a movie), then show the film in it's final product. And of course the films will be Universal films (even good ones) and it will be a different movie every day.)

Lower Lot

• Where the NBC Universal Experience was: Twister: Ride it Out. Pretty much like the Universal in Florida's ride.

• Revamp Jurassic Park. Nothing new just update the dinosaurs a bit, a few more special effects (actually have the car near the lift hill, fall in the water).

Studio Tour

• War of the Worlds...well. Keep it, because it's simply amazing. BUT, add some aliens and have a tripod or two appear from the ground behind the house and plane. Have some people feel like there is some sort of danger to just being in the presence of the set, like others staged effects.
    • Move the mini Skull Island set right next to King Kong 360 3D.
    • Use the Collapsing Bridge, and not just have it as background for King Kong.
    • Have a last minute scare by Jaws, right as they are leaving the set.
    • Make Earthquake look more realistic. Don't change anything, just update the effects a bit.
    • Replace The Mummy's Tomb with Dante's Peak or a more recent movie.
    • Replace The Fast and the Furious: Extreme Close-Up with The Incredible Hulk special effects show. Mainly the Hulk appears and smashes a few cars and an explosion or two.
    • Keep the Parting Sea but add...dare I say it, Godzilla. Honestly, this park is dying for the King of the Monsters to appear. Godzilla could be on the right side of the "sea", have him appear out of the "sea" and on the other side, have King Ghidorah appear. Have both monsters "fight" and part the "sea" and move on.
    • Replace the Whoville Set with a Battlestar Galactica staged event. Keep the show itself short, and don't have it take up a lot of room. And of course, base it off of the 2004 series.
    • Replace the Dilophosaurus Jurassic Park spraying part. Replace it with a larger line of cars to add to the already to the line of cars.

Phew. I hope that's enough for everyone to chew. Love to hear any feedback on these ideas.
    • Globe Theater is used to USH special events and NBCU corporate events.
    • I like the idea of tripods rising up from behind the wreckage and laying waste to the WotW sets but that area is surround by homes.
    • It'd be a logistical nightmare trying to get trams to experience Kong and the bridge. When you exit the bridge you have to travel down a road that runs along the entire length of the Kong building and cross in front of the exits.
    • The dancing cars need to go but Hulk = Marvel = Disney...there's a reason why all Marvel characters were removed from the park when Disney acquired Marvel.

• Globe Theater is used to USH special events and NBCU corporate events.
    • I like the idea of tripods rising up from behind the wreckage and laying waste to the WotW sets but that area is surround by homes.
    • It'd be a logistical nightmare trying to get trams to experience Kong and the bridge. When you exit the bridge you have to travel down a road that runs along the entire length of the Kong building and cross in front of the exits.
    • The dancing cars need to go but Hulk = Marvel = Disney...there's a reason why all Marvel characters were removed from the park when Disney acquired Marvel.
    Universal distributes the Hulk films, so it's more complicated than that.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It does make sense to put a How to Train your Dragon show since they said they are making at least 2 more, and it would not cost...too much for the show to be put in just make a new show, and redo the Q much cheaper than making a whole new ride.
    Also Despicable Me could come in the park one day too since Im sure we'll see more of those movies too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123