Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

This thread is made to show how you would manage the park by adding/demolishing attractions or adding/moving around things to enhance property. Keep in mind that unless you can find logical locations to move the facilities around, you can't touch any of the studio facilities due to obvious financial reasons. Please don't be making ridiculous plans like, "I'm going to wipe out 2/3 of the backlot to expand the park." We want to improve the park (or even CityWalk or the studio. Your call.) But we want to keep this logical and beneficiary for all three venues. Have fun everyone!

• Banned User

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

Okay, here's what I'd do:

1- Move the Amphitheater to the lot behind/next to the AMC. This would make-way for a brand-new ride. It would be a family ride that everyone can enjoy since ET has been dumped to make way for a "grown-up's" ride. I guess an interactive dark ride would be great.

2-Make a new roller coaster that would have a station next to where the Animal Actors stage is. The coaster track would go next to the parking structure, over the road that goes up the hill, u-turn, back over the road, have some track a bit on the hill and where that abandoned Chinese restaurant is, u-turn close by the escalators, and u-turn back to the station. The coaster would have scream-shields on the restraints and have sand built into the support beams to reduce noise for the sake of the neighbors and the studio. Two new rides added, the studio and the neighbors would remain mostly undisturbed. Everybody wins.

3- Provide a replacement for Shrek and Terminator for new 3-D experiences.

4- I would build an on-site hotel and more shops where the Rocky and Bullwinkle parking is. Expanding CityWalk a tad bit.

5- Build a compact, multi-story parking structure to make up for the loss of Rocky parking and possibly add a bit more parking.

6- Maybe move the Curious George play area where Coke Soak is to give better access to where the big new ride would be.

I guess this would be my own Vision Plan. Haha.

Re: How would YOU manage USH? (In terms of adding/demolishing attractions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Okay, here's what I'd do:

1- Move the Amphitheater to the lot behind/next to the AMC. This would make-way for a brand-new ride. It would be a family ride that everyone can enjoy since ET has been dumped to make way for a "grown-up's" ride. I guess an interactive dark ride would be great.

2-Make a new roller coaster that would have a station next to where the Animal Actors stage is. The coaster track would go next to the parking structure, over the road that goes up the hill, u-turn, back over the road, have some track a bit on the hill and where that abandoned Chinese restaurant is, u-turn close by the escalators, and u-turn back to the station. The coaster would have scream-shields on the restraints and have sand built into the support beams to reduce noise for the sake of the neighbors and the studio. Two new rides added, the studio and the neighbors would remain mostly undisturbed. Everybody wins.

3- Provide a replacement for Shrek and Terminator for new 3-D experiences.

4- I would build an on-site hotel and more shops where the Rocky and Bullwinkle parking is. Expanding CityWalk a tad bit.

5- Build a compact, multi-story parking structure to make up for the loss of Rocky parking and possibly add a bit more parking.

6- Maybe move the Curious George play area where Coke Soak is to give better access to where the big new ride would be.

I guess this would be my own Vision Plan. Haha.
    I like everything you have there. The few additions I would make is I would, if possible, replace the House of Horrors walkthrough with a ride. It could even be a ride that keeps the same Universal monsters theme. Maybe it could be a shoot-em-up ride or something of that nature.

Secondly, even with Transformers being built down there, the lower lot would need a show, walkthrough, or an additional ride.

Thirdly, I would add at least one, if not two more restaurants to reduce the long lines and lack of seating for eating.

I would:

• Replace the House of Horror with the old walkthrough The Mummy Returns: Chamber of Doom.
    • Demolish Revenge of the Mummy, and then bring E.T. back!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Change the House of Horrors (keep the walk through but change it)

Bring back the Wild West show

Build a new coaster where the Gibson theater is.

Build a Men in black type ride where Curious George is.

Make a new Terminator 3D show (directed by James Cameron.)

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Keep the horror theme to the walkthrough, or make it Chamber of Doom like I said?

• Banned User

I like the idea of bringing back the Wild West show, but the only thing I would say is have make-shift bleachers and put some covering over the dirt to be able to convert it for HHN. We don't want to loose precious maze space.

I personally think HoH should be changed, but to where it can be easily converted to make a new maze for HHN. That's all I have to say.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Galaxy View Post
    Keep the horror theme to the walkthrough, or make it Chamber of Doom like I said?
    keep the horror them but change up the maze, i would like the mummy maze but we already have two things for the mummy (the ride and tunnel at the end of the tour)

keep the horror them but change up the maze, i would like the mummy maze but we already have two things for the mummy (the ride and tunnel at the end of the tour)
    Ah, forgot about the tunnel.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the old Chamber of Doom video on YouTube... I can't seem to find it anywhere else than on my Mummy Returns DVD.

• Banned User

Ah, forgot about the tunnel.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the old Chamber of Doom video on YouTube...
    Please do! I've been looking for it everywhere!

• Timelord

Long list of changes and opinions incoming...lol

In regards to T2...doesn't Universal only have the rights to this specific show? If they were to shoot another Terminator 3D movie, it would be fairly costly wouldn't it?

I think they would be better off spending the money to try to do a Batman 3D movie if they can manage the license, as it could easily be shot at the same time as the third Nolan movie.

Here is a list of my wants and list of what I think should stay...

To keep:
    The Simpsons (Great ride)
    Shrek (Too popular to lose)
    Blues Brothers (Timeless)
    Jurassic Park (Needs some updating...)
    Waterworld (Great show, packs em in)
    Transformers
    Kong
    T2 (Or other 3D adult focused movie)

Upper lot:
    - Remove Coke Soak and replace with Universal Experience
    - Remove House of Horrors
    - Remove Carnival Games (never see anybody at them, and all the carnies do is bug people) Replace with Blues Brother Stage
    - Single Rider on Simpsons
    - Roller Coaster that goes above park (Not sure how possible this is given the stress on the upper lot's foundation already)
    - Use House of Horrors and Blues Brothers area for new ride (will also need to remove building behind blues)
    - More "Doc" =D

Lower lot:
    - Remove War of the Worlds (large waste of space)
    - Remove The Fast and the Furious
    - Remove Bates (dated and lots of wasted space)
    - Update Jaws
    - Remove Arcade
    - Remove and rebuild Mummy to be like Florida/Singapore
    - Move the Universal Experience to Coke Soak
    - Build like heck down on the lower lot...work around the stages if you have to...if you can make people go down one fifty thousand foot escalator, you can make people go down the second one by the tour to enter another "section" of the park (using the space from removing the above mentioned areas from the tour, and any other room they can dig up)

Please do! I've been looking for it everywhere!
    Okay, it'lle be up sooon. You see, my computer doesn't have a DVD drive... so I have to save it on my OTHER computer, then email it to my current computer...

It could take a while... Ha ha. Do you want the full video, or just the walk through part (the full video has an introduction by Universal explaning the video)?

• Banned User

It could take a while... Ha ha. Do you want the full video, or just the walk through part (the full video has an introduction by Universal explaning the video)?
    Just the walk-thru is fine.

Just the walk-thru is fine.
    Okay. Expect it up in a few days.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Lower lot:
    - Remove War of the Worlds (large waste of space)
    - Remove The Fast and the Furious
    - Remove Bates (dated and lots of wasted space)
    - Update Jaws
    - Remove Arcade
    - Remove and rebuild Mummy to be like Florida/Singapore
    - Move the Universal Experience to Coke Soak
    - Build like heck down on the lower lot...work around the stages if you have to...if you can make people go down one fifty thousand foot escalator, you can make people go down the second one by the tour to enter another "section" of the park (using the space from removing the above mentioned areas from the tour, and any other room they can dig up)
    I don't like War of the Worlds but the set is pretty impressive and most people stand up to take pictures and the bates motel.....should never leave its like living history....
    I do think Jaws, the tunnels need updates (along with all the rides even Simpsons needs to make the rid into 3D)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast