USH Itinerary help

Hi, coming out for a theme park filled vacation. Going to USH since I haven't been in many years and four kids from 6 to 16 that have never been. My youngest is 48" now so we'll be able to ride everything together.

Any suggestions on a good itinerary? We're going on a Sunday in July, probably will get there by opening. My thought was Mummy, Jurassic Park, Simpsons and then the tram tour, followed by the Shrek and Terminator 3-D movies, then the haunted maze and Waterworld. Any tips on crowds? Thanks!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: USH Itinerary help

I'd suggest doing the Studio Tour first. It closes usually much earlier than everything else, plus it's an entire hour of your time.
    After that I'd run down to the lower lot, which takes about 15 minutes to get to because there are four sets of escalators. Enjoy your time down there and come back to finish everything off.
    You'll be able to plan things out almost perfectly because you get a show time schedule when you come in, so plan out everything you want to do in what order from that since show times vary each day.

• Functional & Decorative

There have been numerous threads on this before, and I've posted a suggested itinerary a couple of times before. Try a seach for more info. But in a nutshell, I wouldn't do the tour first. Even if the lines are long, they go by very fast. I'd start at Simpsons first thing (it tends to get a long line that lasts all day, and it moves rather slowly), then the lower lot. See and do all you want in the lower lot... get lots of rides on Mummy and Jurassic while you can, there will be no lines at that time. Don't forget the museum in the back, near all the Transformers construction. Then come up and try the tour or shows, probably Shrek first.

USH is my home park... I live 5 minutes away and go all the time, and this pattern works for me even in the busy seasons.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    There have been numerous threads on this before, and I've posted a suggested itinerary a couple of times before. Try a seach for more info. But in a nutshell, I wouldn't do the tour first. Even if the lines are long, they go by very fast. I'd start at Simpsons first thing (it tends to get a long line that lasts all day, and it moves rather slowly), then the lower lot. See and do all you want in the lower lot... get lots of rides on Mummy and Jurassic while you can, there will be no lines at that time. Don't forget the museum in the back, near all the Transformers construction. Then come up and try the tour or shows, probably Shrek first.

USH is my home park... I live 5 minutes away and go all the time, and this pattern works for me even in the busy seasons.
    The Simpsons does tend to get quiet in the afternoon. (Around 1-2pm, as at this point people are at the lower lot) General public tend to do tour, upper, lower, back to upper. (Due to the maps telling you to start with the tour)

I'd hit up the Simpsons to begin with, then head to the lower lot, from there head over to the tour, by then it should be lunch time, where you can enjoy your lunch, and then head back to Simpsons and start hitting up the shows on the upper lot.

Keep in mind, this all depends on the time of year and the day you go, so it's always best to just start with Simpsons, Lower Lot, and then figure everything else out at that point.

• Minion

If you need more help planning your day once you get there, there is a booth just inside the turnstiles staffed by a friendly CM who will help you plan out your day based on your group's goals/expectations and the park's current conditions.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    If you need more help planning your day once you get there, there is a booth just inside the turnstiles staffed by a friendly CM who will help you plan out your day based on your group's goals/expectations and the park's current conditions.
    No waaaaaaaay. Does Disneyland have anything like this?

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    No waaaaaaaay. Does Disneyland have anything like this?
    Probably not because it would have been beat to death on this board about how the CM doesn't know what he/she is talking about, etc.

Thanks for the tips! Good to know about the Simpsons, we'll probably do that first and hit up a lot of the rides and do the studio tour later. I figure that will be more crowded early because of Kong. Plus, if we did that first, by the time we got to the rides, there would probably be longer lines. I want to get as much done in a relatively short time, we have to leave around 3:30 or 4 to go to the Dodger game after that.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Any update to this now that Kong has been opened. How long of line does the Tram get if you don't do it first?

• Minion

^^^
    When I get off at 3pm I have to walk along the backside of CityWalk overlooking the Tram load/unload. Everyday around that time the entire queue is being used but it's constantly moving. The Studio Tour has a large load capacity so the sign may say a 40 min wait but in reality it may half that.