Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Source: Screamscape

    On July 1st the battle will begin between Kong and flesh eating dynosaurs that consider your tram a food bar. Also, mark this coming Saturday on your calender for the debut of the brand new special effects stage show.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    I wonder if Peter Jackson will be there.

  3. #3

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I wonder if Peter Jackson will be there.
    In all likelihood...especially considering that he went out of his way to do a YouTube promotional video.


    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdqEBDy-9Y]YouTube - The Making of "King Kong 360 3-D" at Universal Studios Hollywood - Segment 2 of 4[/ame]
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    King Kong 360-3D has been soft opened since Friday (6/25) and officially opens this Thursday (7/1). The new Special Effects Stage is already open and is running multiple shows a day.

    Peter Jackson is also heavily featured in the attraction so his presence there at the grand opening wouldn't be surprising.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    This past weekend, Universal did a "technical rehearsal" (soft opening), a lot people gave it rave reviews. From screens being bigger then anything seen before to wind, water & other effects. Universal knows how to make a movie come to life...

    Here's video from this past weekend of the full attraction...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SempHlvfybA"]YouTube- King Kong 360 3D: Return to Skull Island - Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour (FULL 1080p HD)[/ame]

  6. #6

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    King Kong 360-3D has been soft opened since Friday (6/25) and officially opens this Thursday (7/1). The new Special Effects Stage is already open and is running multiple shows a day.

    Peter Jackson is also heavily featured in the attraction so his presence there at the grand opening wouldn't be surprising.
    What an honor it would be to meet Jackson! He's a bastion of talent and interesting knowledge. Universal Hollywood is steadly improving at a fast rate...first rate.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #7

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    This past weekend, Universal did a "technical rehearsal" (soft opening), a lot people gave it rave reviews. From screens being bigger then anything seen before to wind, water & other effects. Universal knows how to make a movie come to life...

    Here's video from this past weekend of the full attraction...
    YouTube- King Kong 360 3D: Return to Skull Island - Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour (FULL 1080p HD)
    Amazing!!! Thanx, JMora. The jungle, the dinos and Kong all look real. This ought to be trippy in 3-D, and with one's tram shaking as Kong and the Dynos bang against it.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  8. #8

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    ^If Transformers uses this it will be a great new ride

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Amazing!!! Thanx, JMora. The jungle, the dinos and Kong all look real. This ought to be trippy in 3-D, and with one's tram shaking as Kong and the Dynos bang against it.
    No problem :} The original version will be missed but it is 2010, and wow, the attraction blew me away, the 3D was even better then Avatar.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^If Transformers uses this it will be a great new ride
    The Transformers: The Ride will indeed use 3D HD technology, even more powerful then this Kong Kong 3D attraction. With a stunning price tag of what it takes to make a Transformers movie, over $120 million, not only will it be physically a ride (housed in the world largest sound stage on Earth). Universal will be using some state of the art animatronics that the Transformers will actually transformer before our very eyes and battle it out while guests our caught in the middle and trying to get away.

    I'm sure it's going to top Universal's 'Amazing Adventures of Spiderman' ride, and the recent 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' for sure. I love the Transformers, and Universal never disappoints when it comes to making attractions like this. I for one can't wait for this to open, summer 2012.



    Sources: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/20/...rsal-studios/; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(ride)

  11. #11

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,963
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    ^Im sure it will be up there, a the best thing to Hit Universal Since Jurassic Park

  12. #12

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Looks stunning, but I will sure as heck miss my banana breathe live ape.

    I also can't say I'm too impress with hearing the hyrdolics and the blocking of the Bionic Woman bridge. :-\
    Last edited by Kritter; 06-28-2010 at 08:39 PM.


  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    PS:
    Someone pointed out, there's a Disney in-side joke in this attraction? When the imaginary 5th car of the tram, as it gets pulled by the T-Rex. A little kid seems to be wearing Mickey Mouse ears hat, and it flies off the kids head just when the tram goes over the cliff. Any truth to that? The tram moves more then the Earthquake attraction (pretty intense), and there's so much detail happening around you, it's a little detail that goes unnoticed, if it is true because I didn't catch it. My eyes were glued to the T-Rex's =)

    It wouldn't surprise me though, cuz Universal has cracked an inside joke on Disney before with Jurassic Park: The Ride, where the ears hat can be seen floating near the boat where you see the first Dilophosaurus.

  14. #14

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,482

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^If Transformers uses this it will be a great new ride
    I imagine Transformers will become the most advanced and fun ride at USH.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    No problem :} The original version will be missed but it is 2010, and wow, the attraction blew me away, the 3D was even better then Avatar.
    It's a new era. The demise of the original set is extremely sad. That uttered, the new attraction appears to be even better.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    The Transformers: The Ride will indeed use 3D HD technology, even more powerful then this Kong Kong 3D attraction. With a stunning price tag of what it takes to make a Transformers movie, over $120 million, not only will it be physically a ride (housed in the world largest sound stage on Earth). Universal will be using some state of the art animatronics that the Transformers will actually transformer before our very eyes and battle it out while guests our caught in the middle and trying to get away.

    I'm sure it's going to top Universal's 'Amazing Adventures of Spiderman' ride, and the recent 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' for sure. I love the Transformers, and Universal never disappoints when it comes to making attractions like this. I for one can't wait for this to open, summer 2012.



    Sources: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/20/...rsal-studios/; Transformers (ride) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Transformer battle scenes will no doubt be louder than hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^Im sure it will be up there, a the best thing to Hit Universal Since Jurassic Park
    That much is a given. Let's hope that the water from Jurasic Park doesn't find it's way into the Transformers ride...everything would freeze up and rust.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Looks stunning, but I will sure as heck miss my banana breathe live ape.

    I also can't say I'm too impress with hearing the hyrdolics and the blocking of the Bionic Woman bridge. :-\
    I think they threw what was left of the live ape "under the bridge".

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    PS:
    Someone pointed out, there's a Disney in-side joke in this attraction? When the imaginary 5th car of the tram, as it gets pulled by the T-Rex. A little kid seems to be wearing Mickey Mouse ears hat, and it flies off the kids head just when the tram goes over the cliff. Any truth to that? The tram moves more then the Earthquake attraction (pretty intense), and there's so much detail happening around you, it's a little detail that goes unnoticed, if it is true because I didn't catch it. My eyes were glued to the T-Rex's =)

    It wouldn't surprise me though, cuz Universal has cracked an inside joke on Disney before with Jurassic Park: The Ride, where the ears hat can be seen floating near the boat where you see the first Dilophosaurus.
    So that's where I lost my Mickey hat.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: USH King Kong 360 3-D To Soft Open July 1st...He's A-PEatriot Big On Fireworks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Looks stunning, but I will sure as heck miss my banana breathe live ape.

    I also can't say I'm too impress with hearing the hyrdolics and the blocking of the Bionic Woman bridge. :-\
    The hissing sound you hear isn't from the motion platform it's from the wind/smell/water effects and the experience is such a sensory overload you don't even notice them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. King Kong Opens July 1st!
    By JerrodDRagon in forum Universal Studios
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 07:36 PM
  2. [Question] Will Matterhorn soft open 4/23?
    By Seawolf in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
  3. [Chat] R.I.P. King Kong
    By BassBone in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. NEMO Soft Open (Merged threads)
    By njacobus in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
  5. Monsters to soft Open Dec 20th
    By Mickey_D in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •