View Poll Results: Which should replace WaterWorld?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new ride

19 82.61%
  • A new show

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

I know people that don't even bother with Universal anymore because it's just shows. I can understand that from many perspectives because it's true, it seems a bit cheap.
    In all honesty, I only frequent the area because I like to ride the Studio Tour to see what's new. You can't convince many with that same angle. Those shows stay relatively the same with each visit, years apart.
    HHN on the other hand is perfect. Rides, mazes, shows, scare zones and Terror Tram. "How is it they have more content for a month than they do the rest of the year" I'm sure is running through many minds. And mine too.
    I want it to be an all day thing, I want to have a much bigger adventure but having so little to do in so little time (closing at 6 is a bummer) and I want some of it to be at night too. But nothing fills up the day and doing repeats gets old quick.
    I'm taking a break from Uni other than HHN until Transformers, but that's just me personally.

• What do u mean u people?

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    USH isn't the only production facility in the Universal family.

USFPG - Home
    While this is true...

It's like comparing all of WDW against DCA.

The type of production work that goes on at USH is simply hands down some of the biggest in the world.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Djov2 View Post
    While this is true...

It's like comparing all of WDW against DCA.

The type of production work that goes on at USH is simply hands down some of the biggest in the world.
    I am surprised more people don't shoot down there, their rates are really affordable

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    If I do recall the contract for the Gibson comes up either in 2010 or 2012 I don't remember but after that they can relocate it somewhere else.
    And with rumors of a Hotel coming to Universal (on the City walk) Then we'll see if they use the land for a hotel or an new ride.

Really They wont need a new ride then, I mean The New York Sets, Kong and the special effect show just opened, (maybe a new show next summer, Transformers in 2 years, and then I think they'll redo jurassic park when the next movie comes out...soo yeah its not Disney but better than six flags ir knotts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    Not to insult USH, but Waterworld is the only show I thought that was really worth watching...all the others were just...meh...

On the one hand they should keep it becuase its so great...
    but they do need more rides... I left earlier becuase I did everything I wanted to do in less than 1 full day...
    Well, if you were left with the choice of either a new show or a new ride, which would you choose? I would say ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    And with rumors of a Hotel coming to Universal (on the City walk) Then we'll see if they use the land for a hotel or an new ride.

Really They wont need a new ride then, I mean The New York Sets, Kong and the special effect show just opened, (maybe a new show next summer, Transformers in 2 years, and then I think they'll redo jurassic park when the next movie comes out...soo yeah its not Disney but better than six flags ir knotts.
    Ugh! Do they really need more hotels!? It's going to make the park look like crap having a big normal-looking hotel looming over the park! If they really wanted to build one, why don't they take out some of the parking lot close to the park to do it!? That's what I would call an on-site hotel!

Besides, with the Gibson Amp. out of the way, it would fulfill the loooong-awaited wish of finally expanding the park slightly by adding a new ride without replacing one! Please Uni, don't waste that space for a stupid hotel!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^just a rumor, the only reason i could see it being true is it would make more money than one new ride.

• Banned User

Angry Re: What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

^just a rumor, the only reason i could see it being true is it would make more money than one new ride.
    Of all the places why there!? They should put it in front of the main gate where the steakhouse and part of the parking lot is or really close to the gate or something! People, especially passholders, have been requesting forever that park has more rides! Obviously, with the land-locked space they can't! Now with the Gibson moved somewhere else in CityWalk they can finally do it and now they want to waste it on a hotel when they could easily put it somewhere else? Heck, to me a hotel in front of the main gate would be better! That would be on-site! It just frustrates me very much that they want to use the one big potential ride space that wouldn't have to replace anything for a stinking hotel! They can have their cake and eat it too! Make money by putting a hotel in front of the park and make more money by adding a new E-Ticket attraction! If they put the hotel in the location I just mentioned they wouldn't lose much parking space! Besides I'm sure there's some space for a bit more parking!

-rant over.

EDIT: I just checked Google maps to see how much parking space they would lose if they did build a hotel there and sure enough there was less space than I thought! They wouldn't lose very much if they eliminated that and the steak house! Besides if they really wanted to keep that restaurant they could move it somewhere else! I hope they look at the space more carefully!

-Okay, rant is over for real.
    Last edited by Freakazoid112; 06-29-2010 at 05:04 PM.

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Waterworld is a great stunt show, and so was wild west when it was open, closing it to build a ride would be a shame, and if they do replace it its needs a bigger better live show, as USH its about making movies and a show like this with all these special effects which lasts for 30 minutes is going to make you figure more out then a short ride.

They closed the good version of SES and Backdraft (I know not the best) to create a ride so why close more shows for rides?
    -Luke

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^We'll I do think a Men in Black ride would be a HUGE hit at Universal but we'll have to wait for it, Im hoping that when they do make a game/ride that it will be a mixture of Toy Story Mania (the screens) and Buzz (moving slow and allowing more people per hour)

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

They have some of the best stunt shows i've ever seen, they removed one from USH, i hope they dont remove the last one without replacing it, its the best show there i'd say, Shrek Or T2 shoudl go well before
    -Luke

• Banned User

I'd rather see that animal actors show removed first.

• Banned User

^We'll I do think a Men in Black ride would be a HUGE hit at Universal but we'll have to wait for it, Im hoping that when they do make a game/ride that it will be a mixture of Toy Story Mania (the screens) and Buzz (moving slow and allowing more people per hour)
    Sorry to sound like a buzzkill but I really don't like the idea of making the big "game dark ride" into another 3D attraction. USH will have had enough already once Transformers opens. Once it does, we'll have like four 3D attractions: Transformers, Shrek, T2:3D, and Kong. I say we have a MIB-ish ride that would just have animatronics and physical effects... that is if we ever have one.

• Banned User

^I agree. although I am still hoping Transformers will not be in 3D, and instead use the up close Imax carousels, similar to Potter. I'm thinking a couple flying fight sequence with two carousels of six, and live sets in between with huge animatronics and physical effects. The ride would be more of a combo of Spidy and Potter.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Sorry to sound like a buzzkill but I really don't like the idea of making the big "game dark ride" into another 3D attraction. USH will have had enough already once Transformers opens. Once it does, we'll have like four 3D attractions: Transformers, Shrek, T2:3D, and Kong. I say we have a MIB-ish ride that would just have animatronics and physical effects... that is if we ever have one.
    nooo way have you been on Toy Story Mania? Its like the most interactive ride around and WAY more fun than Buzz, I rather another 3D type ride and not have some anmatonics then make a worst ride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast