View Poll Results: Which should replace WaterWorld?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new ride

19 82.61%
  • A new show

4 17.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

have you been on MIBAA? it is way better than either of those.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    nooo way have you been on Toy Story Mania? Its like the most interactive ride around and WAY more fun than Buzz, I rather another 3D type ride and not have some anmatonics then make a worst ride.
    So I guess you're implying MIB at USF is bad? You're saying it has to be in 3D in order to be immersive? Then I guess we should update Jurassic Park, Mummy, and Simpsons and make them all 3D.

And yes I have been on TS:MM. It's a fun ride but if they did that it would just be a repeat of what's already at DCA. Disney has already demonstrated what they can do with interactive 3D technology, now let's see how Universal can raise the bar by making a big, non-3D interactive dark ride! They should make a trackless MIB-esque attraction with some cool animatronics/physical effects. Dude, it's a new decade since MIB and they can do a lot and I mean a LOT more with the advanced technology we have today! Certainly a LOT more than 3D! We're going to see enough look-what-we-can-do with 3D now that Kong is in the icture, Transformers is on the horizion, and and eventual replacement for T2: 3D will come I'm sure not too far off.

Also, if the vehicle spun around a lot if they were to make an MIB-ish ride, again hoping they will, wouldn't the glasses fly off from how fast those cars spin?

• Banned User

Well, keep in mind, ever since NBC bought Universal, there have been talks since 2006 that NBC wanted to, not only to renovate but expand Universal Studios Hollywood from its current 360-acres to over 500-acres. They indeed have approved a whopping $3 billion expansion plan that will last over a course of 4-6 years. Believe or not, Universal Studios Hollywood, isn't just a city in itself but does indeed have a lot of undeveloped land or owns.

Besides improving the working studio, and the backlot. The plan, dubbed the 'Vison Plan,' also includes not only to expand the theme park side of Universal but also expand CityWalk. In addition, this is where the iffy part of the plan I don't really like, adding a residential neighborhood area dubbed 'Universal Village.' Some 2,900 residential units are to be built within 3 areas, and new resort 500-room hotel - All the residents & hotel will be linked, and centered around a lagoon (from latest reports). This area will be link up with CityWalk.

Part of this big expansion has already been in the works, with Universal having a MTA station, improving new attractions such as Transformers, and like Disney has done with the county of O.C. Universal is working with the city of Los Angeles to upgrade and widening lanes along the Hollywood (101) and 134 freeways, Barham Boulevard, Forest Lawn Drive, Lankershim Boulevard and Campo de Cahuenga for much better traffic control and new entrance, etc. Don't believe me? Universal has an official website on this new expansion plan, with updates, news & more... NBC Universal Evolution

Take a good look at that website, and has you can see. Some of the backlot attractions will be gone and the site to be rearranged. The classic Jaws attraction will be no more and the entire neighborhood where Desperate Housewives is filmed (Wisteria Lane), is being placed on the valley floor where a lake once stood (where the departing of the Red Sea is now).

That aside, and this being about what should replace Waterworld stunt show. This new expansion approval leaves a lot options & ideas to what might be added to the new theme park side or at least what we like to see =) Now, since Universal hasn't had great track record at the movies lately, and being a Universal buff, I always believed Universal should stick with it's own properties. Right?

I always thought it would be cool if Universal created a haunted castle attraction and housed it with it's classic Universal Monsters. Since it looks like Jaws is being taken down at the backlot, why not create a ride? Too be honest, Back to the Future should have never been taken down, it would be a dream to see it come back as a new attraction. I always thought too it would be cool to see a Tremors attractions added to the backlot tour or some attraction. Why not expand the Jurassic Park theme and add a new big attraction next to it where guest finally get ride in the iconic Ford Explorer tour trucks through Jurassic Park?

Lately, Universal hasn't had any great or exciting tent pole films that audiences can connect with except Fast & the Furious. How bout take down the funky back-lot attraction and make a real simulator ride or something? This could be a long shot but before Waterworld stunt show, their was a Miami Vice stunt show that was fun to watch. Since Universal had great success with the Bourne franchise, why not have a great stunt show based on that?

So, many possible options... but I bet most of you didn't know about this huge expansion already in the works?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I am surprised more people don't shoot down there, their rates are really affordable
    And what's great, they have a great college program and if your a student from any college. They give you big discount rates, or take up on their internship offers too.

• Banned User

We already knew about this expansion plan JMora and frankly I just don't ever see them tearing down half the backlot for condos in an economy like this; especially right after a good-sized portion of the backlot got burned down and then rebuilt again. If they do that I'm going to very, very, very, very infuriated that the Terror Tram during HHN will be eliminated, a lot of memorable stuff on the backlot will be dropped, and the backlot tour will be cut in half. I'm sorry to sound pessimistic about this but I wouldn't call this expanding the park at all; if anything it looks like they're shrinking it by cutting the backlot tour in half! I don't see where the park is going to grow anywhere! i'm very surprised I haven't heard any backlash on this plan.

• Banned User

Red Face Re: What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I know people that don't even bother with Universal anymore because it's just shows. I can understand that from many perspectives because it's true, it seems a bit cheap.
    In all honesty, I only frequent the area because I like to ride the Studio Tour to see what's new. You can't convince many with that same angle. Those shows stay relatively the same with each visit, years apart.
    HHN on the other hand is perfect. Rides, mazes, shows, scare zones and Terror Tram. "How is it they have more content for a month than they do the rest of the year" I'm sure is running through many minds. And mine too.
    I want it to be an all day thing, I want to have a much bigger adventure but having so little to do in so little time (closing at 6 is a bummer) and I want some of it to be at night too. But nothing fills up the day and doing repeats gets old quick.
    I'm taking a break from Uni other than HHN until Transformers, but that's just me personally.

Ah, a little harsh but I do see your point but that's part of it's charm. I've been going to Universal Studios Hollywood since 1982, a lot has change for the better but up to recently I did stop going because a few years ago, Universal was being tossed around of new ownership. The theme park was getting hit hard, with no new funding for anything, shows started to disappear and no new attractions. Ever since that 2nd expansion of CityWalk, things seemed to stop, just little things happened but nothing to get excited over. There was a point when Universal Studios Hollywood had a lot options for guests, the 1990s especially but all this is finally changing!

It's no doubt, Universal Studios Hollywood took a huge hit ever since that major fire two years ago and believe it or not, a lot people thought the whole place went up in flames and thought why go? Universal is heavily promoting the new Kong, and as it should because it does live up to the hype!

I was happy Universal Studios Hollywood brought back Universal Horror Nights to Hollywood after a few years of taking it away. It's no surprise that it's Horror Nights is a big hit, and for any Universal buff. It's great to ride the tram at night and walk up next to the Psycho House, along with being frightened along the trek =)

I love both Disneyland & Universal Studios Hollywood, but what I loved more about Universal, they always seem to the thrills to the next level. They don't mind getting people drenched or terrifying it's guests. I mean, that new King Kong ride is pretty much PG-13 film, and could be scary for kids. The T-rex's stomps, chomps (blood bursts from the body) and eats other dinosaurs. From there, it's a UFC battle between 3 Rex's & Kong.

2010 in my opinion, is a new era for Universal Studios Hollywood. The new Transformers: The Ride is going to be one heck of an experience, and for the next 4 to 6 years... Universal Studios Hollywood has approved a $3 billion dollar expansion, what we're seeing know is just the tip of the iceberg of that plan!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^We'll I do think a Men in Black ride would be a HUGE hit at Universal but we'll have to wait for it, Im hoping that when they do make a game/ride that it will be a mixture of Toy Story Mania (the screens) and Buzz (moving slow and allowing more people per hour)
    Sony is making Men In Black 3 in 3D, sad but true. To be honest, I never got the connection between Men in Black & Universal. It was Sony/Columbia Pictures that made that franchise but it was a fun ride. I almost like it better then Toy Story ride because that attraction in Orlando has so much detail along through the ride in it's theming. From the NYC cityscape to aliens, etc.

Universal does have frighteners (1996) though, they could based that same idea but with the theming based on that comedy-horror film directed by Peter Jackson. Just a thought but has anyone seen that film? LOL =)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Sony is making Men In Black 3 in 3D, sad but true. To be honest, I never got the connection between Men in Black & Universal. It was Sony/Columbia Pictures that made that franchise but it was a fun ride. I almost like it better then Toy Story ride because that attraction in Orlando has so much detail along through the ride in it's theming. From the NYC cityscape to aliens, etc.

Universal does have frighteners (1996) though, they could based that same idea but with the theming based on that comedy-horror film directed by Peter Jackson. Just a thought but has anyone seen that film? LOL =)
    I mentioned this earlier but they're proposing a Ghostbusters interactive dark ride which would be the same set-up as the MIB ride in Orlando (Not similar layout though.) except it's trackless.

I think they should clone that proposed ride from Dubailand to here!

• Banned User

At the time of The Lost World: Jurassic Park was released in 1997 and Universal was riding high with the Jurassic Park franchise. I thought it would be very cool that somewhere in Universal Studios Hollywood, that some kind of behind the scenes+stunt kind of show based on Jurassic Park franchise could work. With the use of state of the art animatronics, some puppeteering and audience participation. It could be a fun show to watch.

I mean with stuff like this...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GIBo-Oqq0&feature=related]YouTube - Walking With Dinosaur Media Day at Roanoke Civic Center 11.19.09[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk6w6AQCC4E&feature=related]YouTube - T-Rex[/ame]

Universal could use that, and take to the next level. Jurassic Park Arena has a nice ring to it, no? =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123