View Poll Results: Which should replace WaterWorld?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new ride

19 82.61%
  • A new show

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

Personally, I say ride because...well, USH needs it! Haha. You could say that USH needs a good stuntshow but which would really prefer? a new show or ride?

• Choir nerd

Re: What should replace WaterWorld in USH? A new ride or show?

I agree. USH doesn't have very many rides, but has plenty of shows (to me, a 3D movie is a show, unless there is a motion simulator).

I actually don't think Waterworld needs to be replaced anytime soon. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it one of the highest rated stunt shows in the country? It still packs in the crowds all these years later (aside from the bad movie that it's based on). I mean, they added it to their new park in Singapore, so I don't see it going away anytime in the near future anyway. But if the time came for it to be replaced, I actually think it should be replaced with another stunt show.
    Last edited by edge4004; 06-28-2010 at 12:18 PM.

• Banned User

Well after doing research for Universal Dubailand, I found this on Screamscape:

(2/11/09) ...Meanwhile the (New York) area will also have the Ghostbusters dark ride experience, which Iíve been told will not simply be a clone of Floridaís Men In Black dark ride system. In fact it will apparently use a new trackless dark ride system this time around.

Since Dubailand is being put on hold to not be open until 2014, and since the third movie is set to come out in 2012, I think after they're done with Transformers, they should consider putting that proposed Ghostbusters interactive dark ride where WaterWorld is. After doing a space measurement comparison on Scribble maps of the MIB ride in USF, it actually could work!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

If they were to replace any show experience in the park, I'd like to see a ride replace Shrek or the Castle theater...

WaterWorld is a very unique and amazing show filled with special effects.

Since it's the only successful show USH has had since it was opened, I don't expect it to go anywhere until it's just too old to be recognized.

I mean, look how long Backdraft and Back to the Future lasted.

If anything, I say WaterWorld has 6 to 7 more years.

I'd say a ride though. lol

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Even when Water World becomes...we'll not as cool as it is now, they could also just make a new Movie a new show. Water World should always be at Universal Hollywood.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

That's the only space for a really BIG stunt show so they should keep it. They should just get rid Shrek, T2, WWWSS and other dead spots for rides.
    I think they should make some new 3D theaters when they expand but in the mean time, they should focus on rides.

• Senior Minion

Unlike the other Universal Studios theme parks, the one in Hollywood is an actual working movie studio to this day. Also, it is a 'theme' park and not an 'amusement' park.

So while the limited rides they do have are nice, I don't see that as their main purpose. USH is there to promote the movie business and showcase new technology in movie making.

I personally would like to keep the Water World show ... or bring back the Miami Vice stunt show ...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If they used the land right, the T2 Building and Coke Area, could be used for men and black ride and another (small) ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    If they used the land right, the T2 Building and Coke Area, could be used for men and black ride and another (small) ride.
    That won't happen because of stress on the parking structure. It gets enough stress from the seats dropping every half-hour from T2: 3D let alone a huge building.

I know it's the only stunt show there, but come on! They have SES, Snooze Brothers, Animal Actors, and T2: 3D. I think they have enough show and whether its a stunt show or an animal show, any show is pretty much a passive experience. I think a ride, especially a MIB-ish ride like that proposed Ghostbusters interactive dark ride for the Dubailand park I brought up earlier, would be waaay cooler and would fit perfectly there.

Another alternative would be to move the Gibson amphitheater next to the cinema and put a MIB-ish ride there and keep that stuntshow, but I seriously doubt they would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Unlike the other Universal Studios theme parks, the one in Hollywood is an actual working movie studio to this day.
    USH isn't the only production facility in the Universal family.

USFPG - Home

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    That won't happen because of stress on the parking structure. It gets enough stress from the seats dropping every half-hour from T2: 3D let alone a huge building.

I know it's the only stunt show there, but come on! They have SES, Snooze Brothers, Animal Actors, and T2: 3D. I think they have enough show and whether its a stunt show or an animal show, any show is pretty much a passive experience. I think a ride, especially a MIB-ish ride like that proposed Ghostbusters interactive dark ride for the Dubailand park I brought up earlier, would be waaay cooler and would fit perfectly there.

Another alternative would be to move the Gibson amphitheater next to the cinema and put a MIB-ish ride there and keep that stuntshow, but I seriously doubt they would do that.
    DCA needs rides, lets take out WoC in 5 years....Water World is the best SHOW there by far, (T2 is pretty cool too) but a ride really only has a few places to go

Curios George/shrek

T2/Coke

Universal Experience/Panda express/Mummy gift shop/street/arcade (it would take up all 5 of those things for one ride)

I dont see the Gilboson Theater or Water World leaving...ever (even if Water World goes it will be replaced by another BIG stunt show)

PS The Wild West Show could be used to but that means ONE Less Maze for Horror Nights...So I rather just a show be used in that area and then a Maze in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    If I do recall the contract for the Gibson comes up either in 2010 or 2012 I don't remember but after that they can relocate it somewhere else.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• Cars Land Rocks!

Water World is a good show, but if it was replaced it should also be another stunt show. Regular amusement parks and carnivals have rides. The shows are what separate theme parks from the rest.

• Mickey Ear Biter

Not to insult USH, but Waterworld is the only show I thought that was really worth watching...all the others were just...meh...

On the one hand they should keep it becuase its so great...
    but they do need more rides... I left earlier becuase I did everything I wanted to do in less than 1 full day...
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast