Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2010

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks now that all the mazes and scare zones have been announce. From the official site

Mazes:

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again All New!
    Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill. All New!
    Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses in Zombievision! (3-D) All New!
    Saw: Game On New traps!
    Vampyre: Castle of the Undead All New!

Scare Zones:

La Llorona
    Klownz
    Freakz
    Nightmarez
    Lunaticz
    Pigz

All-new Terror Tram: Chucky's Revenge

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

King Kong 360 3-D: Skull Island Express

Only for Halloween Horror Nights, take an express tram directly to the new King Kong 360 3-D.

More details to come…
    Nightmare and Friday are supposed to be based on the remakes and are being advertised as all-new since they will not have scenes from each respective original series as the mazes in the past had. I haven't seen the Nightmare remake, but I think the F13 remake does have plenty of potential and there are plenty of locations unique to that film, such as Jason's lair, that can set it apart from the previous mazes. I just hope they do make an effort to make them different from the past mazes.

Saw is being advertised as having new traps instead of being all new so it seems like it might be a combination of old and new. I'm hoping the crushing room from Saw V makes it this year.

House of 1000 Corpses is new, although there was a maze based on the movie back in 2000. I'm looking forward to this one and hope they slip a few Devil's Rejects references in there.

Vampyr seems like it will be the "House of Horror" redress this year. Hopefully they have some success with this. IMO, 2006 was the only good year of for that location.

La Llorona scarezone is being heavily advertised this year. I had no idea what La Llorona until I looked it up. Man, I wished they made this into a maze instead of bringing back NoES, F13, or Saw. It is a pretty sick and twisted legend. She is a woman who killed her own children so she could be with a man that didn't want children, only to kill herself when he rejects her. Now her ghost wanders around kidnapping children. Actually sounds like the kind of thing Knott's would use for a maze. I'm looking forward to this scare zone. Plus it is the only one without a Z at the end of the name.

Terror Tram is hosted by Chucky this year. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I really hope we get to walk through the Bates Motel again this year, although I'd understand if they made us go around again. It sounds like they are going to make a separate tram that will just go to King Kong. It'll be interesting to see how that works and where it will load.

So far Bill and Ted seems to be the only show. No mention of Slaughter World, Rocky Horror, Insult Emporium, or anything on the Animal Actors stage.

• Banned User

Re: Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2010

I really hope they include the Wolfman in some way on the Terror Tram since I was very disappointed to hear that we're not getting a Wolfman maze. Maybe they'll have us walk-through the gypsy camp in the extended portion.

Someone asked about Terror Tram on Twitter. Turns out the wooded area is going to La Llorona. That spot would have made the most sense for Wolfman. Bummer. Wolfman was a seriously underrated movie.
    Last edited by clippers6; 08-30-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Update

• Minion

King Kong is it's own ride. the loading area will be at Jurassic Park overflow. that's where you enter after that, it's done. it's an express access just for the ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    So far Bill and Ted seems to be the only show. No mention of Slaughter World, Rocky Horror, Insult Emporium, or anything on the Animal Actors stage.
    No Slaughter World this year.

From L.A. Times Travel today. Could not agree with them more:

"Halloween Horror Nights 2010 returns to Universal Studios Hollywood with a lineup of all-too-familiar freak show faces — Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Chucky and Jigsaw — that we’ve seen many times before."
    "It’s particularly disappointing since HHN 2009 delivered an all-new slate of scares. I’d hoped 2010 would be Universal’s year to snatch the Halloween crown from Knott’s Berry Farm. But the movie theme park appears to be resting on its laurels rather than going for the jugular. Maybe next year."

Full artical: Universal Studios Hollywood unveils Halloween Horror Nights 2010 mazes and scare zones - Travel - LATimes.com

So weak...go to Orlando's always 100% new content instead.

The LA Times article and the official HHN website list La Llorna as a scare zone, but the official Twitter has indicated that it will be part of Terror Tram (where My Bloody Valentine was last year). Not sure if it will also have a scare zone.

Although it is kind of disappointing that Hollywood is getting so many repeated themes this year, in the end I'm pretty sure each maze will be really good. What is much more disappointing to me are the generic sounding scare zones.

does this event require a separate ticket? im trying to plan a vacation for next month but they haven't released dates and ticket info for this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by idkmybffminnie View Post
    does this event require a separate ticket? im trying to plan a vacation for next month but they haven't released dates and ticket info for this yet.
    Yes, it is a hard ticket event.

You can go to the Horror Nights website and click "Buy Tickets" for ticket information.

• Timelord

Question for you locals. Anyway to get from Universal after HHN ends to Anaheim without a car? I know of plenty of ways to get to Universal during the day from Anaheim, but am stumped on how I could manage to stay that late in the LA area without splurging for a hotel nearby for the one night.

Any advice would be appreciated =)

• Minion

^^^
    There is a metro station literally within spitting distance from USH.
    Using google maps:
    Assuming you're leaving after 3am and going to Disneyland here is what I found
    Universal Studios Hollywood to Disneyland, Anaheim, CA - Google Maps

You can edit the departure times as well as the final destination on the page.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    The LA Times article and the official HHN website list La Llorna as a scare zone, but the official Twitter has indicated that it will be part of Terror Tram (where My Bloody Valentine was last year). Not sure if it will also have a scare zone.
    Yeah it'll have both. The scare zone will be on the Western Street adjacent to the old Wild West Arena.

• Minion

Just checked the official HHN Twitter feed and it looks like Bill and Ted will be the only show this year...reason behind it is Kong Express Tram and Ho1C

Quote Originally Posted by idkmybffminnie View Post
    They do offer a day and night ticket if you want to experience both.

• How Peculiar

I agree that I'm getting tired seeing the same faces, freddy, jason, and it'd always something along the line of, "nightmare." Universal, please come up with something new next year, heck I'd be happy if you did reflections of fear like hhn in Orlando did. i feel like theyre turning into haunt, rehashing themes but sneaking around that word by creating different mazes. Anyways, I'm still excited for hhn this year, but I hope we get something new soon.

Just a question, I'm heading to universal this week and I know that the terminator queue and shrek 4d queue are used for mazes, so are they closed right now? like the attraction themselves?
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast