• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

UO Update: HHN Galore, Lines Galore... and a look at the Old HR Cafe and Tricetops

Ok so I made a little trip to the UO resort today, to get some photo updates fon Halloween Horror Nights XX... and it is looking it will be an epic time. So first with the Halloween Horror Night Pictures

Big Screen... set up

Muerto... it means death

More Muerto

This will look wicked cool with black lights

Clearly intended to scare! lol

Just hanging around

I really love this artwork

yessss.... can't wait

I can't wait..I really can't wait.

Ok so just sooooo much detail this year.

This scare zone is going to ROCK!

So it appears that each of the old Icons from HHN is getting it's own "set" this totally made me geek out!

The Director?

The Usher?

The Story Teller?

Jack?

I photographed this area last week... nothing has changed

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Spooooooky

Nameless graves

Pumpkins, Pumpkins everywhere...

This pumpkin was carved to look like Jack. I was trying to find the other icons carved into pumpkins...

Short rant. If you haven't seen Bill and Ted's at HHN, the you MUST stop what you are doing and plan a trip to the Universal Orlando Resort for Halloween Horror Nights. This is the years last show (rumored) and if it is, you must catch it before it becomes part of "yester-studios"

Zombie Gras theming so far the lightest. I am not sure if it is just light or if they haven't finished yet.

This is going to be one scary scare zone!

Waiting for HHN is torture!

he he he

Shore rant: I went to IOA really ONLY to get Butter Beer. After seeing the lines for Butter Beer, here (bothsides) and inside 3 broomsticks, and near FJ... I LOVE Butter Beer, but I will not wait 15+ minutes to buy it. I am really excited to see how much guest spending is up at Universal. KUDOS!!!!

Today FJ Journeys line was 30 mins to 70 mins depending on time of day etc. Today did not feel like mid September.

Ok now on to some fun looks at some Abandoned buildings at UO. Backstory...

Back before Islands of Adventure and the complete resort area there was a Hard Rock Cafe that had a private entrance into the park. This Hard Rock Cafe from the sky was shaped like a Guitar.

ICC Certified General Contractors — Experts in Retail, Restaurants, & Renovation

Well when they built the resort area they sandwiched this building between the HardRock Hotel and the Kid Zone at Universal Studios.
    Google Maps
    (Google Map of it's location)

So I decided to stroll over there and see how it is doing.

These planters carefully mask the entrance to the old HardRock Cafe

The tip top

The entrance

Sitting empty

This just made me giggle

This also made me giggle

Universal's Duffy Bear

Ok now the super duper secret pictures..... For YEARS I have wanted to explore the Triceratops Encounter. For those of you not familiar, watch this 6 min shakey home video of this cute experience
    YouTube - Jurassic Park Triceratops Encounter | Islands of Adventure

Soooo long story short I played "Russian Tourist" where I stumbled into this restricted area and did not speak english (feel free to flame me all you want, but enjoy the few photos I got)

Part of the Queue

Good theming, bad camera

So much cool old equipment

Cool stuff

The abandoness of it made it REALLY feel like Jurassic Park

All in all it was in really good condition, and seems like it has received maintenance. There have been rumors that this will make a return, and there was construction equipment around so I wouldn't be surprised if by next spring we saw something happen (but this is pure speculation based on no information just what I observed).

This is all!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: UO Update: HHN Galore, Lines Galore... and a look at the Old HR Cafe and Tricetop

I would so love to go to HHN, but the partner/husOtter is just not a scary movie kinda guy. Oh well. So I'll have to live through you and your reporting! Keep up the good work!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: UO Update: HHN Galore, Lines Galore... and a look at the Old HR Cafe and Tricetop

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    I would so love to go to HHN, but the partner/husOtter is just not a scary movie kinda guy. Oh well. So I'll have to live through you and your reporting! Keep up the good work!

Peace,
    Roo
    I HATE HATE HATE scary movies! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween Horror Nights.

If you hate scary movies, then GREAT! Halloween Horror Nights is an event for people who love impeccably themed environments.

I cannot rave highly enough.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Do they have things jumping out at you? Is there gore? I doubt I can convince him!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Love the updates. There really aren't a lot of detail-intensive reports like this in regards to UO, and its a very detailed place in a lot of ways, so its much appreciated.

I just booked a trip down there Oct. 17-22nd, going to HHN for the first time. . can't wait! It'll also be a first for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for me and the girl. We tried to make softs in May, but were about a week and a half early. I hope the crowds die down more by then.

As for the old Hard Rock Cafe, I think its ludicrous how much extra, unused or in this case abandoned space the Studios has, and yet they'll still probably bulldoze E.T. for the next attraction. It makes no sense!
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• The Study of Wumbo

Nice pictures...

I like the concept of Halloween Horror Nights. I love reading about the stories and watching the commercials on YouTube. Great stuff seems to come out of there. I haven't been to any Halloween event, yet- so I don't know how I'll receive it. It looks pretty intense!
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

eric when are you going to visit HHN? getting the frequent fear pass?

we're there next weekend, so cannot wait! we haven't been back since 2007 and compeltely fell in love with the event that year (Dead Silence maze ftw!)
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    eric when are you going to visit HHN? getting the frequent fear pass?

we're there next weekend, so cannot wait! we haven't been back since 2007 and compeltely fell in love with the event that year (Dead Silence maze ftw!)
    Well I have the free ticket from my Premium Annual Pass, but I am thinking of getting a frequent fear pass. I am going to go for sure with the MiceChat meet, then I am going to go when my little Sister comes down, and I will go whenever anyone else wants to go... lol

Though I might wait to do the actual houses for the first time with my little sis. It is kind of our big bro & little sis tradition.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Love the updates. There really aren't a lot of detail-intensive reports like this in regards to UO, and its a very detailed place in a lot of ways, so its much appreciated.

I just booked a trip down there Oct. 17-22nd, going to HHN for the first time. . can't wait! It'll also be a first for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for me and the girl. We tried to make softs in May, but were about a week and a half early. I hope the crowds die down more by then.

As for the old Hard Rock Cafe, I think its ludicrous how much extra, unused or in this case abandoned space the Studios has, and yet they'll still probably bulldoze E.T. for the next attraction. It makes no sense!
    I 100% agree. I figure with MiceChat becoming more and more about great entertainment, and watching the competition etc, that at least during HHN I would do updates for everyone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Nice pictures...

I like the concept of Halloween Horror Nights. I love reading about the stories and watching the commercials on YouTube. Great stuff seems to come out of there. I haven't been to any Halloween event, yet- so I don't know how I'll receive it. It looks pretty intense!
    I was something I sneered at for years... in a snobbish/prudish way, and when I finally went I was BLOWN AWAY! It is worth planning an entire trip around... Especially when you add in Mickey's Not So Scary, and Shamu's Happy Halloween... and Halowscreem at BGT if that is your thing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    Do they have things jumping out at you? Is there gore? I doubt I can convince him!

Peace,
    Roo
    Roo even if your beloved can't come, you should come to the MiceChat meet at HHN. There will be lots of HHN first timers and all around it will be epic!

• Co-Host of USWP

Nice update Eric. Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Universal just posted this video about HHN... I am so excited.
    YouTube - Halloween Horror Nights XX - 2010: The Country's Best Halloween Event

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

UO was testing Rip it Ride it Rock it tonight. got video footage uploading it to youtube... so not sure if they were testing fixes or not.