Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Jimmay's hastily cobbled Universal Orlando, WWoHP, and HHN trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. Day four and five are still coming. I'd prefer to get it over on the second page so simply pulling it up doesn't crash people's computers, so feel free to post randomly for the next five posts.
    The best way you can help that is by linking to lower resolution versions of your images. You can link to a low res copy, and include a hyperlink on the image to the higher res copy. The forum automatically resizes images posted, but you still download the original image (big and all..). Plus, you can't control how many posts different users view on a page.. so don't worry about it too much. If you post to reasonable size images (like 800x600 or less) you should be ok.

Thanks for sharing the TR photos. It's great to get some diversity on other topics here!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

BANG!!

Day Four (if I planned this right it will finally be on page 2 and it won't take 15 minutes to load all the pictures on one page!)
    -We went back to Universal, getting to the parks at the leisurely time of 11 or 12. It was a weird day for crowds, lots of people milling about (or, as is bafflingly usual, bottlenecking outside ride entrances in large groups like confused mental patients), but lower waits on rides, many of them that most magical of wait-time, the much-cherished walk-on.

Some more Potter photomadness:

I love this. There really aren't enough representations of vomit in themeparks (except of course for the real thing, which, incidentally, we saw a large example of in Magic Kingdom, which is a story better left untold.)

The envy I feel for this guy. All that Butterbeer, every day.

BUTTERBEER!!!

CLOSER!

CLOSER!!!

That was the non-frozen variety. There are two types, non-frozen here on the left, slightly more addictively delicious frozen variety on the right.

So, sooo good.

If you buy the souvenir cups, there's a basin in the middle of town you can wash them out in.

Frozen theming, gotta love it.

Dervish and Banges and Ollivanders are the two shops that had a line to get in.

Great theming inside.

The Book of Monsters from Prisoner of Azkaban. Occasionally it would snarl and charge at the bars, kind of like the tarantula in the Jungle Cruise queue at Magic Kingdom.

A few more details from the Dragon's Challenge queue.

Ch o o s e!

The 'dragon's eggs.'

After dropping roughly $432,679 on Potter merchandise, and imbibing roughly 6,482 calories of Butterbeer, we set off for the Studios.

Halloween Horror Nights entrance of d o o o m!

Mummy.

Simpsons.

HE HE HE HE! (Krusty laugh is hard to write).

The chainsaw goons.

Scarezone pics.

Of course, it all looks much better at night:

Running low on energy, had to grab a Duff! (they are energy drinks at Universal, not beer).

I loved HHN. A great time. We did all scarezones and all but one house (the word is that Havoc: Dogs of War wasn't worth it, so we skipped it). The best houses, in order, were Hallowed Past, Legendary Truth, Orfanage, and Zombiegeddon. Hades was unremarkable, and so was Psychoscareapy. I had absolutely no interest in either of the shows, so we didn't bother with them, and rode every ride open during the event but Simpsons. Most of the rides were walk-ons, except Jaws of course.

I wish I'd taken more pictures, the projected light effects around the whole park make a great atmosphere. And the ambient music lent the area a great mood.

Up next on Day 5, Typhoon Lagoon and my Potter loot!
    Last edited by jimmay; 10-30-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The best way you can help that is by linking to lower resolution versions of your images. You can link to a low res copy, and include a hyperlink on the image to the higher res copy. The forum automatically resizes images posted, but you still download the original image (big and all..). Plus, you can't control how many posts different users view on a page.. so don't worry about it too much. If you post to reasonable size images (like 800x600 or less) you should be ok.

Thanks for sharing the TR photos. It's great to get some diversity on other topics here!
    Doh! Didn't catch your posts before I updated. Thanks for the info. My internet wizardry is largely limited to arguing about Star Wars, on technical issues I'm naive, to put it quaintly.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Love it!

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Its the type of detail you don't see at Disney anymore.
    Problem is, when Disney DID do this kind of detail, they didn't have the technological abilities to actually do it.

(Sigh)...
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Awsome report, can't wait to see the rest. Do you have any more pics from UHN?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

I wish I did. They don't allow you to take any pictures in the houses themselves (rigidly enforced), and the rest of the park is a challenge due to the low and mercurial light, especially for someone with no photographic talent like me.

Man am I lazy sometimes. . .

Two weeks later, here's the final report, the last day of one of my favorite trips I've ever done.

Day 5 we pondered doing Seaworld (Atlantis looks like a fine ride, with great dark ride sections, but that and two coasters are not worth the 70 some dollar entrance for me), or Epcot (I'm really not that big of a fan), but ultimately decided to take it easy and just do Typhoon Lagoon, a long-time ambition of mine.

Here, just like with Halloween Horror Nights, I wish I'd taken more pictures. But, as I don't have a waterproof camera, the camera I do have was locked in our locker for the day, and I only got to take pictures before we left.

A finely themed park, leagues above the substandard endeavors of most, nearly all, other waterparks.

The highlight of the park for me is the Crush'n Gusher, a rare water coaster well-themed to an abandoned tropical fruit processing plant. The idea here is that the conveyors and chutes they used to wash and move the fruit are now waterslides. It's simple, but perfect, and the slides themselves are quite fun. Powerful streams of water shoot you uphill and then gravity works its magic bringing you back down the hills, resulting in speed and airtime unlike anything I've ever experienced at a waterpark before.

(protip: There are three slides, coconut crusher, pineapple plunge, and banana blaster. Banana blaster has the best airtime, and was by far me and the girl's favorite.)

The only shot I took of the wave pool, from afar. I like how from this distance it looks like it could have been taken on a real beach.

Great theming.

The snorkeling pool with small harmless sharks and rays. We didn't partake. I've heard the water is shrinktasticly cold.

Soft, inviting sand for feetsies.

The iconic Miss Tilly.

A great day of fun well capped off with some pleasing Florida sunset shots.

They aren't this pretty back home!

Back to the hotel and packing, had to make room for Potter swag.
    Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and Chocolate Frog.

Chocolate frog undressed.

As a lover of all things pumpkin-flavored, I had to bring back some Pumpkin Juice.

Adorable Hedwig Puppet (As a bonus, it squeaks and chirps in a manner that terrifies my cat.)

Wands! (Voldemort on top, Harry on bottom).

Adorable, snarling Fluffy plush.

The whole, dramatically expensive lot.

And that, mercifully, is finally that. Heed my advice, Disneyfans: Universal Orlando is a world-class themepark resort, and I can't recommend it enough. The next time your in Orlando at the 'World, take at least a couple days to check it out, Harry Potter and all, You won't regret it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

love your photos!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Yup - the water parks are still the only area where the rest of the amusement industry hasn't caught up to Disney lock-stock-n-barrel. TL and BB were the last bastions of where I said to myself 'wow, this is Disney' and others still chase to compete.

Yes the snorkeling reef is cold.. real cold
    The water coasters.. or Master Blasters as that manufacturer calls them are pretty common now... but they are very fun and the TL implementations are very well integrated like you said.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12