• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking Grinchmas at Universal Hollywood - The mummy tunnel transforms into Avalanche HD VID

Hey guys,

I recently went to Universal Hollywood on 12.14.10.

What new this year: Well, The mummy tunnel where the wall spins in circle has been transformed into a snowy tunnel that spin circle with colorful bright light.

Check out the video for yourself that I recorded.

I will be heading to Universal next week to capture the lighting of the Christmas Tree and other Grinchmas event and will post it on Micechat. So check back next week.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Re: Grinchmas at Universal Hollywood - The mummy tunnel transforms into Avalanche HD

Looks cool, cant wait to see it in person!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Grinchmas at Universal Hollywood - The mummy tunnel transforms into Avalanche HD

I would like to experience the west coast version. I love it out here in Orlando.

• Circle of Ancients

Yay! I'm planning to check it out next week! Can't wait

• Minion

Cool Holiday layover.. I think thats the most boring tour guide I've ever seen though! I thought you didn't make a tram guide if you didn't have character!

Looking forward to see that next week.

• Minion

To supplement the OP, here is my video from 12/12 but at night from the 3rd car.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That's pretty much how the tunnel used to be before it got the Mummy overlay. It was an avalanche thingy (but without the multi-colored lights).

• Shubisha

I loved that tunnel when it was an avalanche. Yay for overlays that are really just retro Then it was changed into what, dante's inferno?:P Wasn't as fun. Haven't seen it as the mummy tunnel.. is it different than a volcano?:P

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Looks great. It is the sort of thing that Universal didn't really need to do but which makes the holidays a bit more fun. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Then it was changed into what, dante's inferno?:P Wasn't as fun. Haven't seen it as the mummy tunnel.. is it different than a volcano?:P
    Yes. You drive into a cursed tomb and suddenly find everything spinning. The lights go out and beetles run across the tv screens in the cars. The lights go out again and the beetles spit water at you. When the tram starts moving again, you see that your driver has turned into a mummy as well.

It is fun, but I liked the original avalanche better.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Looks great. It is the sort of thing that Universal didn't really need to do but which makes the holidays a bit more fun. Good job!
    Especially because the overlay is only going to be used for only 15 days and it took just as long to put it up in the first place.