• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Exclamation IDEA: Devils Reject Maze for Halloween Horror Nights 2011!!!

Warning, Warning, yes another Warning. This video is not for young children or anyone who gets nightmares easily.

Anyway On to my idea. Since House of 1000 Corpses did so we'll last year I think the best way to follow it up with out just doing it again would be to make a maze based off its Sequel. I have never seen the movie before (tried to watch the first one and thought it was too intense) but this video shows off the basic concept of the movie and I think it would be a great maze to see this next year and they could even reuse some props if they wanted to save a little money.

YouTube - 31. The Devil's Rejects (2005) Monster Madness 2009 Review

I know its early to be talking about HHN 2001 but what are your guys thoughts???

• Banned User

Re: IDEA: Devils Reject Maze for Halloween Horror Nights 2011!!!

^^

Even though I haven't seen the movie either, I don't think it has enough solid environments to carry a maze, let alone a 3D maze. Besides, if it has the same characters, the general public would rather HoTC be repeated instead of having a maze where the 3D wouldn't work.

I wouldn't mind since it technically wouldn't be a repeat, but I'd rather they do an original maze in 3D instead of doing this. Just my two cents.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I think we will not see too many "original" mazes over here since the biggest draws are the characters like Freddy, Chucky etc....and stuff like la llorona did not sell well and most people were not scared by it and did not care....

The whole theme is "where the movies come to life" and while some might think its cheap or unimagtive the HHN fans don't really care what it is as long as its scary and the Studio wants to sell stuff sooo.....besides the Tram/House of Horror's/and scare zones don't expect too much to be new idea's like over in Florida.

• Banned User

^ I don't care if they use movies; heck, I want to see Trick r Treat, Evil Dead, and Scream happen this year. What I'm saying is that I would like to see at LEAST one original maze. Lo Llorana was a poor choice in the first place. John did say that he would like to do a maze based off the Freakz scarezone and possibly even the Lunaticz in the near or distant future. Also, Orlando's ZombieGeddon maze kicked butt, so why not have an original zombie maze?

One thing I do NOT want are repeats. Period. I'm sick of them recycling themes and mazes. To quote the creative director of HHN Orlando: "In order for this event to thrive, we need to give our guests horrific NEW characters, and terrifying NEW ideas."

• Minion

I'd prefer a The Walking Dead maze over a Devil's Rejects maze. TWD would satisfy the craving for brains zombies.

And if a scare zone from last year was upgraded to a maze I'd go with Clownz. Imagine a giant circus tent (covering the entire Wild West Arena/Western Street) in the middle of the Upper Lot...love me some clownsz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^that would work, and they could even use a "Zombieland" theme for a scare zone near it or as the theme for next year.

Also has Universal announced what is happening to the street, last time I was there it was all torn up...didn't know if they would bring it back as a Western street or not.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Also has Universal announced what is happening to the street, last time I was there it was all torn up...didn't know if they would bring it back as a Western street or not.
    Nothing has been announced yet but if something is going to be done, it'll happen in time for the Spring Break crowds.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I have seen Devil's Rejects many times...I don't see it working as a maze. 1000 Corpses probably worked well because a Labyrinth type of maze was actually in the film and so it translated well. Rejects really has no such maze, it is a totally different type of film, though it does feature the same characters.

I like the Walking Dead idea.

I didn't like house of 1000 corpse. I thought it was to hyped. But either way ill be there next year!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^wow really? Your the first person who I've heard did not like it.....I mean it was a great maze and even the parts that had a lot of lightening everywhere could still be spooky. Maye you just went at a time when they let too many people in the maze at once...the best time for the mazes are when you are by yourself, try nor to jump at least once then.

It was the first thing I did when I went. No line. I think it was all the hype. It was the first 3d maze murdy has ever done. It went great with the movie. But I just think it lacked

• Metal Head loves Disney

It's never to early to think about HHN 2001.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

2001 was that a bad year? Or did u not write it right?

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Personally I think they should do a Legendary Truth maze based around the sound stage 28 hauntings

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.