•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Universal Hollywood: A Few Questions

I haven't been to the park in a good 3-4 years and so have some queries for those who attend it more. All answers and help truly appreciated, thank you!

• Regarding the tram ride, if anyone knows: which side when boarding is closest to the Jaws lagoon/shark and Bates Motel facade? For photographic purposes.
    • Besides those just mentioned and the new Mummy coaster, is there much in the way of Universal Monsters/horror material in the park? Curious and eager to make sure I don't miss anything heh.
    • Does the park sell any Harry Potter stuff or specific things, stuff that is crossed over from Orlando?
    • Food recommendations as to what is best tasting quite welcome.
    • And last one...did they leave or add any kind of tributes to the old E.T. ride? I miss that thing.

Thanks again for your assistance, all!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Universal Hollywood: A Few Questions

Best place to take pictures of Jaws and Bates hotel...get in the tram first and scoot all the way to the right.

There use to be a walk through with Chucky in the front of the park to the right, not sure if it's still there.

Food place I would frequent was Doc Brown's Fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I haven't been to the park in a good 3-4 years and so have some queries for those who attend it more. All answers and help truly appreciated, thank you!

• Regarding the tram ride, if anyone knows: which side when boarding is closest to the Jaws lagoon/shark and Bates Motel facade? For photographic purposes.
    • Besides those just mentioned and the new Mummy coaster, is there much in the way of Universal Monsters/horror material in the park? Curious and eager to make sure I don't miss anything heh.
    • Does the park sell any Harry Potter stuff or specific things, stuff that is crossed over from Orlando?
    • Food recommendations as to what is best tasting quite welcome.
    • And last one...did they leave or add any kind of tributes to the old E.T. ride? I miss that thing.

Thanks again for your assistance, all!
    1. Ride hand side of the tram for both Jaws and Bates Motel/ Psycho House. If you board the tram as the first person in your row, you're golden!
    2. The Universal museum on the lower lot near the Transformers construction should have some good horror stuff. Don't forget the maze on the upper lot has a bit of a display too in the queue.
    3. As far as I know, no Harry Potter stuff.
    4. Leave the park and eat at CityWalk! haha
    5. There used to be a small gold ET in the treasure room but I'm not sure if it's still there or if you could even spot it at first glance.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Best place to take pictures of Jaws and Bates hotel...get in the tram first and scoot all the way to the right.

There use to be a walk through with Chucky in the front of the park to the right, not sure if it's still there.

Food place I would frequent was Doc Brown's Fried chicken.
    Thanks, greatly appreciated...shall look into the walk through. What all does Doc Brown's serve apart from the obvious? Also, good it survived the Simpsons changeover with name intact if is still there...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    1. Ride hand side of the tram for both Jaws and Bates Motel/ Psycho House. If you board the tram as the first person in your row, you're golden!
    2. The Universal museum on the lower lot near the Transformers construction should have some good horror stuff. Don't forget the maze on the upper lot has a bit of a display too in the queue.
    3. As far as I know, no Harry Potter stuff.
    4. Leave the park and eat at CityWalk! haha
    5. There used to be a small gold ET in the treasure room but I'm not sure if it's still there or if you could even spot it at first glance.
    Much appreciated, thank you! All that is exceptionally helpful Any particular recommendations in City Walk?

I just noticed my typo in #1! I think you know what I meant! Actually, I don't recommend the first car in the tram at all. The sweet spot is the first or second row of the third car, IMHO.

As for CityWalk dining, they have all kinds of options. Seafood, Japanese, American, Mexican... you'll find something. Plus they have a fast-food food court on the upper level. If you do eat in the park, I usually go to the Mexican cantina although Doc Brown's is pretty good. Many of the restaurants have sponsorships with chains like Panda Express, El Pollo Loco, Pizza Hut so the quality of the food is to be expected.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Let's specify number 1 a tad bit! Sitting on the right, you will get the best spot of Jaws and the Bates Motel facade BUT, the actual house is on the left side once you go up the hill and such. Also take a few things into consideration: Mexico "rain test" is on the left, the Skull Island miniature boat during the Red Sea parting is on the left under the bridge, the Tokyo Drift demonstration is on the left, King Kong 3603D you'll wanna be specifically in the middle but not much you can do about that, on Earthquake the train and diesel fall down from the ceiling on the left while the right is just the electrical box and water pouring down the steps, the majority of the prop cars are on the left as you enter the plants department area, The Mummy tunnel sucks no matter where you sit, War of the Worlds is good no matter where you sit; but on the right you do get a nice view of Falls Lake and the Grinch Whoville facades. Personally, I like to choose the left since there is much more catering to that side but I can see you're more into the Universal horror stuff.

The aforementioned House of Horrors queue is the spot you'll see a majority of horror related stuff. If the queue is short (which it will be), go ahead and just walk around and look at the stuff. I'm pretty sure nobody will stop you. There's also some horror posters down one of the halls. Also, keep in mind, alot of the props inside the maze are actual props from the movie but to my memory, they're mostly from The Mummy and Van Helsing. House of Horrors is to the left once you enter the park and pass the shops.

Another spot you'll find some horror memorabilia is down on the lower lot passed The Mummy ride and right where Transformers construction is (where Backdraft and the Special Effects Stages USED to be). It's called The Universal Experience, so consult your map when you get there for that. If you see an arcade and a Panda Express, you know you're going the right way. It's a dead end after that, so I don't think you can miss it. Last I checked, they had a lot of Wolfman (2010) props, make up, suits and costumes in there but that was a little more than a year ago and I hear they actually change it up often but John Murdy likes to keep horror related stuff in there.

ZERO Harry Potter stuff.

As for food, as mentioned above, the City Walk might be the better choice and unfortunately, Doc Brown's Chicken is closed way more often than it's actually open. I've had the pizza from the pizzeria place across from the El Pollo Loco spot (and Doc Browns, now that I think about it) and I didn't like it too much. One place I do like to go to is Mel's Diner, which sells sandwiches, chicken strips and stuff. Universal also has AWESOME deals on food so save room for snacks. Last I checked, they have deals on Churros (2 for $3) and souvenir cups (buy 1 get 1 free) but this might've just been a generous time for Universal, who knows, haha. The best deal though, is buy a tub of popcorn and get it free for the rest of the day (I know for a fact they still have that) which is awesome to eat while watching Waterworld, T2, or even on the Tour, etc.. OH! And I almost forgot -- I've never had it personally but I hear the Flinstones BBQ is amazing.

Nothing E.T. related but you can see the logo for the 20th anniversary faded on top of the building still. During Halloween Horror Nights, they bring out the trees from that ride and use them for any forest or wood portions of the mazes.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Let's specify number 1 a tad bit!.
    Very good information and thank you for the many specifics! Quite helpful indeed, I really appreciate it. Mainly hope to hit up the big things I want to see (Universal museum, tram tour, the horror walk through, Simpsons, the Mummy) and spend rest of time wandering and looking for weird details and such....all hints and info is awesome, so, thank you again!

• Minion

If you want to look for weird details, look for a Spiderman reference in the upper lot.