• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Talking Universal Studios Hollywood HOP Update 3/21/11

HOP has invaded Universal Studios Hollywood, with new Meet and Greet Area, E.B roaming the Park, 7 cut outs on the Tour (and 4 Posters) and Posters and Merchandise EVERYWHERE.

Also the Universal Experience gets an Update (Scott Pilgrim, HOP, the Grinch and other movies/TV)

YouTube - Universal Studios Hollywood HOP Update 3/21/11

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood HOP Update 3/21/11

Wow. That is actually quite sickening. I've never seen so many ads in my life. They have like 5 movies worth advertising right now in the next month and they're focusing solely on that. I really hope it pays off for them because they haven't had a hit in about 2 years (since the last Fast! - or wait, did Little Fockers do good? Didn't pay attention to it's intake - either way, Universal has been bombing one after another). But with the Source Code coming out on the same day, although a different demographic, I'm not sure Hop will do the business they're hoping for. My hope is it does $40 mil with Source Code doing something along the lines of $25 mil. But with their recent "success", it could turn into the exact opposite. It's almost as if they want Hop to be their Mickey Mouse, which wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a bunny already at Six Flags. Universal does need a name figure though -- kids don't know who Woody the Woodpecker is and Curious George didn't exactly break any records. Relying on Shrek and Spongebob can only hold them for so long. Hopefully Hop is somewhat of the answer... although I highly doubt it.

P.S. Love that photo of Frankenstein standing in the rain. Kinda creepy actually haha

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Universal building character at parks - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
    ^an article talking about the future of there characters

Also Despicable Me was done by them and it made a good amount of money and people liked it....Scott Pilgrim was GOOD but just did not make money....stuff like the Last Saw movie, The Thing, Wolfman and Skyline show how out of touch they are with making good movies though.....compared to even Disney which for the most part done well the past 5 years along with Warn Brothers Studio.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Wow. That is actually quite sickening. I've never seen so many ads in my life. They have like 5 movies worth advertising right now in the next month and they're focusing solely on that. I really hope it pays off for them because they haven't had a hit in about 2 years (since the last Fast! - or wait, did Little Fockers do good? Didn't pay attention to it's intake - either way, Universal has been bombing one after another). But with the Source Code coming out on the same day, although a different demographic, I'm not sure Hop will do the business they're hoping for. My hope is it does $40 mil with Source Code doing something along the lines of $25 mil. But with their recent "success", it could turn into the exact opposite. It's almost as if they want Hop to be their Mickey Mouse, which wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a bunny already at Six Flags. Universal does need a name figure though -- kids don't know who Woody the Woodpecker is and Curious George didn't exactly break any records. Relying on Shrek and Spongebob can only hold them for so long. Hopefully Hop is somewhat of the answer... although I highly doubt it.

P.S. Love that photo of Frankenstein standing in the rain. Kinda creepy actually haha
    If you think how the movie is being promoted to the guests on stage is a bit much you should see how it's being promoted to the Cast Members.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^every CM I saw had a HOP hat....kinda wanted one (for free never would buy one)

What do they do chase after you as your drive home screaming "DONT FORGET HOP COMES OUT ON APRIL FIRST...SEE IT OR YOUR FIRED" lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    What do they do chase after you as your drive home screaming "DONT FORGET HOP COMES OUT ON APRIL FIRST...SEE IT OR YOUR FIRED" lol
    Worse...the trailer has been playing 24/7 since the beginning of the month on several tv screens at spots we have to wait ie wardrobe/costuming, elevator landings, etc

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^lol sorry to hear that.

It is kinda funny, its like brain washing...and I though that was what Disney does best

I think the movie will be good but I don't know if it will be as funny or as good as Despicable Me but I'll see it at some point.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Oh yes, forgot about Despicable Me which is one the top 10 highest grossing films they've ever done domestically. BUT OTHER THAN THAT, not much luck.

But seriously, they have a crap load of movies coming out.

Paul and Limitless were just released last weekend. Limitless was number 1 but on a very small weekend, which isn't saying much. It probably won't make more than 50 million, which I'm more than positive is less than what it cost to make and advertise (I believe the budget was just under 30 mil but I've seen ads for that movie everywhere and especially one for the Super Bowl).

Let's also not forget The Adjustment Bureau and Take Me Home Tonight.

And then next month, Your Highness and Fast Five.

Kind of a shame they're focusing all of their marketing power on just this one movie when they have 7 being released in a 2 month time span.

where do you work? im at the front gate lol

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Worse...the trailer has been playing 24/7 since the beginning of the month on several tv screens at spots we have to wait ie wardrobe/costuming, elevator landings, etc

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

NOT ONE FORMAL LESSSSSSSONNNNNN. Everything else i can deal with at APC, just that one line...

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Oh yes, forgot about Despicable Me which is one the top 10 highest grossing films they've ever done domestically. BUT OTHER THAN THAT, not much luck.

But seriously, they have a crap load of movies coming out.

Paul and Limitless were just released last weekend. Limitless was number 1 but on a very small weekend, which isn't saying much. It probably won't make more than 50 million, which I'm more than positive is less than what it cost to make and advertise (I believe the budget was just under 30 mil but I've seen ads for that movie everywhere and especially one for the Super Bowl).

Let's also not forget The Adjustment Bureau and Take Me Home Tonight.

And then next month, Your Highness and Fast Five.

Kind of a shame they're focusing all of their marketing power on just this one movie when they have 7 being released in a 2 month time span.

but how many of those movies that you mentioned are family friendly? we have a paul poster near GR. haha