• Banned User

New Maze Announced for HHN! Trick 'r Treat!

Official PR:

STAMFORD, Conn. & UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March. 31, 2011

Universal City, California - Producer/Director Michael Daughtry and Universal Studios Hollywood have teamed up to create a terrifying, chilling experience in “Trick ‘r Treat: Follow the Rules, or Die!”; presented at Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights event, where the legends of horror will come to life.

The 2011 Halloween Horror Nights event at Universal Studios Hollywood will offer spine-chilling new mazes based upon the horror genre’s most compelling characters. Trick ‘r Treat director/producer Michael Daughtry and other artists will be collaborating with Universal Studios Hollywood in the creation of new mazes, “scare zones”, and backlot experiences.

“Trick ‘r Treat: Follow the Rules, or Die!”, an original concept based on the cult film, “Trick ‘r Treat”, will give guests the opportunity to walk through sets of some of the most terrifying scenes from the movie. Guests will encounter zombie school children in a dark swamp, vampires and werewolves in a dense forest, and troublesome trick or treaters.

The theme park’s favorite thrill-ride attractions will also remain open for “Halloween Horror Nights” as well, many with menacing twists. Favorites include “The Simpsons® Ride,” “Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride” and “Jurassic Park® In the Dark.” Additional new content for the the 2011 Halloween Horror Nights mazes and attractions will be announced shortly.
    I can't wait!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New Maze Announced for HHN! Trick 'r Treat!

Sounds good to me......my guess is that it will be put were the Jason Maze was last year (Old Western Stunt Show area)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sad this one is a joke. I love Trick 'r Treat.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Yeah I follow john murdy on twitter. This is false, at the moment it is. Murdy has shown a lot apprecitation for the movie and it still a possibilty. Its way to early for annoucements.

• Circle of Ancients

As much as I'd love for this to be true, Trick 'r Treat just doesn't have the popularity to carry it's own maze at HHN.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Did House of 1,000 Corpses have a fan base? I didn't even know about the movie until the maze was out....though I did hear of its sequel Devils Rejects before the maze last year

I had never heard of this movie before.. so I rented it on Itunes this weekend and really enjoyed it. According to Wikipedia, it wasn't even released in theaters? I wonder why this movie didn't get more notice. The characters, especially Sam the little pumpkin head boy would be a welcome addition to HHN.. the rock quarry scene with the bus and the kids would be very scary.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    I had never heard of this movie before.. so I rented it on Itunes this weekend and really enjoyed it. According to Wikipedia, it wasn't even released in theaters? I wonder why this movie didn't get more notice. The characters, especially Sam the little pumpkin head boy would be a welcome addition to HHN.. the rock quarry scene with the bus and the kids would be very scary.
    The reason why it was never released was because it did not want to have to compete with Saw. I really hope they do TrT anyway this year.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Did House of 1,000 Corpses have a fan base? I didn't even know about the movie until the maze was out....though I did hear of its sequel Devils Rejects before the maze last year
    Yeah, it did. It's a pretty big cult movie.

Although I consider myself a horror fan, and I subscribe to Fangoria magazine, and even I had never heard of Trick R Treat before. While the press release at the beginning of this thread may be a fake, HHN did mention the movie Trick R Treat in their survey for next year possibilities. And even then, I was thinking, "What the heck is that movie?"

That said, my partner, who has seen the movie and liked it, isn't exactly sure how it'd be translated into a maze. It was an anthology film.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?