Are you allowed to film what you see or take pictures on the Hollywood Tram tour?

My mom and I are planning a trip in the next few months to USH and I was wondering since we have never been if we were allowed to film or take pictures while on the Tram tour. I would love to have a pic of the restored part of the clock tower where Back to the Future was filmed granted I know this is the rebuilt version from the fire. Or if we were allowed to take a pic of the Hitchcock house. Thanks!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Are you allowed to film what you see or take pictures on the Hollywood Tram tour?

You can take as many pictures on the Tour as you like, mind you the Tram only goes to the Clock Tower on Weekends for the most part (cause of filming during the week) So if you want to see the old Clock tower you'll need to go on a weekend, and the Psycho house is always ready to have some pictures taken of it.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Are you allowed to film what you see or take pictures on the Hollywood Tram tour?

Anywhere the tram goes you can film. If there is an area off-limits to taking pictures the tram will bypass it. Also, as Jerrod mentioned, there is no guarantee that you will see any attraction that is on the tour. For various reasons, the tram may skip something.

• Minion

You can take pictures and record video any time that you want at USH. While on the Studio Tour, you are encouraged to have your camera ready because "you never know who or what you'll see".

As for getting a pic of Courtyard Square as it looked in BTTF, it won't happen. The clock tower is long gone and Courtyard Square looks as it did during the filming of Ghost Whisperer. Even if the clock tower was still there, trams rarely go into that portion of the Metropolitan Sets.

• Minion

This what Courthouse Square looks like today (as of last week).

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I have not seen it in a while been going on Weekdays and they have been shooting something every time....kinda sucks you cant see the best sets on the backlot cause they are being used....but I understand why.

Maybe this summer I'll get lucky and see the New York sets again

Cool! Thanks for all the info.