Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: A Sixth Maze for this years HHNs?

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    True, but here's a theory:

We are getting a new maze this year and this new maze will use the exact same layout as HOTC. The walls/carpet recently put up/rolled out are/is the same walls/carpet from last year and still bear the paint and other various markings from last year's set up. The old markings will soon be replaced and the walls painted over.

A coat of paint and some masking tape from over a year ago does not confirm or disprove anything.
    we'll see I hope all the mazes are new.....but I'd be ok with 2 repeat mazes (House of Horrors and House of 1,000 Corpses) and if we get 4 new mazes and the Terror Tram has a new overlay then I think this year will be amazing and heck if they are cool and off a Magic Show/or Chuckys Insult show or a New Water World show then I'd be there opening night more excited than ever

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    Correct.
    A lot of markings are suggesting it will be a Frankenstein type make. Or at least thats what I have been hearing. There are a lot of little "notes" on those walls if you look closely that have nothing to do with House of 1,000 Corpses. So More than likely its a brand new addition. Which is good because the more new offerings Universal has the more Knott's looks pathetic. I don't give them any credit anymore. Universal has the crown in California. Hands down. =D

---------- Post added 06-29-2011 at 08:20 PM ----------

More or less Im really interested in what will go down by Jurassic Park.
    Knott's lost me last year when I saw two scareactors leaning on a queue railing looking at their phones and asking each other what time they were supposed to go to break.

Knott's lost me last year when I saw two scareactors leaning on a queue railing looking at their phones and asking each other what time they were supposed to go to break.
    Oh wow, if thats not bad show i don't know what is. Knott's lost me because of the quality. Universal seems to put a lot of money and love into their event while Knott's seems to just build as much as they can instead of focusing on quality and detail.

• Minion

Yeah there are times when Knott's screamed "Party City."

Yeah there are times when Knott's screamed "Party City."
    It's unfortunate for sure. Kind of sad.

RUMOR: eli roth will be a judge for the short film contest, and hhn might possibly use hostel as a maze, just a rumor based on speculation

• Minion

Just to clear it up before the rumor mill ignites...Eli Roth IS one of the Judges for this year's film contest and due to this association, the rumor is HHN will get a 'Hostel' themed maze.

• Minion

Because I love you guys...

Taken Thursday July 7 (yesterday)

i want to know how this maze will work when we get at peak hours during hhn. jurassic usually still has 30 min wait times and the maze will most likely have a long wait time as well.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i want to know how this maze will work when we get at peak hours during hhn. jurassic usually still has 30 min wait times and the maze will most likely have a long wait time as well.
    Well let's assume they let the same amount of people in as they always do instead of upping the capacity because now there's a new maze (I'm hoping for same amount of people).

Now let's assume again that they'll open at 6:30 instead of 7, due to the increase in attractions (majorly hoping for this... not sure I can hit 6 mazes, a Terror Tram, Bill and Ted AND 3 rides in one night...) OR add more nights to the event so the people spread out which days they go a bit more.

With the added time and same capacity, a rationing of people being spread out everywhere will thin out all of the lines in comparison to what they were last year. Meaning, instead of JP having a 30 minute queue, it could very well possibly reach 15 max. Same thing with the mazes that usually hit 90 minutes, can hopefully go down to 45. Another big helper is to have the House of Horrors open at opening time instead of 30 minutes later, like usual. BUT with an added 30 minutes, it can open at 7, pulling in the late comers while the people at the gate for opening are roaming the lower lot.

So hopefully the JP queue thing isn't an issue. And plus, there's lots of room on the side so they'd just need someone to break up the queue from the exit path every once awhile.

One other thing to realize is that since it's the lower lot, people make note to finish everything down there since they would have to go back up so lines are typically longer. But now, with 4 major attractions to hit down there, it'll even out with the 5 on the upper lot. People will be spread across the lower lot instead of packing into specific lines at a time. All that evening out should cut everything down in half, if it all works out right and if capacity isn't upped.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'm sure it will help having another maze but lines will still get up to like 60 mins or more at peak hours.

Also if you get there when the gates open and go on the maze near T2, then the one located in the Wild West then, the one near Shrek, then the lower lot mazes then the Terror Tram.....and then Bill and Ted...thats lik3 hours MAX, if you plan the night our right you can do everything you want....as for the House of Horrors Maze...wait til like 10 or 11 PM that line gets MUCH shorter in the later night since its the "worst" maze in the park.

Thanks for the pictures,
    And as far as the lines go Im sure the lines will be extremely long just like last year. The event is really popular and I am sure they will be selling out a few more nights this year. More attractions = more guests, especially if 5 of the 6 mazes are new.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Well let's assume they let the same amount of people in as they always do instead of upping the capacity because now there's a new maze (I'm hoping for same amount of people).

Now let's assume again that they'll open at 6:30 instead of 7, due to the increase in attractions (majorly hoping for this... not sure I can hit 6 mazes, a Terror Tram, Bill and Ted AND 3 rides in one night...) OR add more nights to the event so the people spread out which days they go a bit more.

With the added time and same capacity, a rationing of people being spread out everywhere will thin out all of the lines in comparison to what they were last year. Meaning, instead of JP having a 30 minute queue, it could very well possibly reach 15 max. Same thing with the mazes that usually hit 90 minutes, can hopefully go down to 45. Another big helper is to have the House of Horrors open at opening time instead of 30 minutes later, like usual. BUT with an added 30 minutes, it can open at 7, pulling in the late comers while the people at the gate for opening are roaming the lower lot.

So hopefully the JP queue thing isn't an issue. And plus, there's lots of room on the side so they'd just need someone to break up the queue from the exit path every once awhile.

One other thing to realize is that since it's the lower lot, people make note to finish everything down there since they would have to go back up so lines are typically longer. But now, with 4 major attractions to hit down there, it'll even out with the 5 on the upper lot. People will be spread across the lower lot instead of packing into specific lines at a time. All that evening out should cut everything down in half, if it all works out right and if capacity isn't upped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I'm sure it will help having another maze but lines will still get up to like 60 mins or more at peak hours.

Also if you get there when the gates open and go on the maze near T2, then the one located in the Wild West then, the one near Shrek, then the lower lot mazes then the Terror Tram.....and then Bill and Ted...thats lik3 hours MAX, if you plan the night our right you can do everything you want....as for the House of Horrors Maze...wait til like 10 or 11 PM that line gets MUCH shorter in the later night since its the "worst" maze in the park.
    OK here is my plan. I did this quickly so please stay with me

Red = Mummy
    Green = Mummy maze
    Yellow = JP
    Blue = JP maze
    Black = exit paths
    Purple = Versatile queue

Mummy:
    Same queue and exit. Nothing big here.

Mummy maze:
    The standby line would use the old Backdraft queue and, if necessary, ropes can be set up inside The Universal Experience. The exit path would be the same as previous years.

JP/JP maze:
    Here's where my map comes in handy. The JP entrance arch would be divided into two sections. The left side would be used for JP and the right side would be used for the JP maze. I'll explain in a bit.

Guests wanting to ride JP would enter through the left side of the arch and use the standard queue. The same exit path would be used but, to ease congestion in the area, it would be extended towards the JP splash down area/Starway.

Guests wanting to access the JP maze will enter the queue by climbing the staircase that leads to the terrace seating above the JP splashdown/Jurassic Cove Cafe/Jurassic Outfitters and going through the queue set up (as in previous years). At the center of the terrace, there is another staircase that dumps off under the JP arch. Guests will continue from the staircase to the right side of the arch and will follow along the JP queue (they will be separated by barriers) until reaching the first emergency exit. Once hitting the exit, the JP and JP maze lines split. The JP maze line will continues on the sidewalk (like King Kong Express) and access the maze through another emergency exit further down the gate. Upon exiting the maze, guests will follow along the sidewalk again and will exit near the restrooms (again similar to King Kong Express).

The purple area will act as a versatile queue and can be used for either JP or the JP maze depending on capacity needs.

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    The extended queue for JP wasn't even used last year though, it was used for the direct tram to Kong, so I can't see the lines being any worse this year than last year. (Although, so few people buy FOTL that it's well worth the money for HHN as almost everything was walk on last year)
    Was King Kong available during HHN last year? I am trying to figure out if I should visit the park this year or just wait for HHN, as KK is the only reason I would go outside of HHN, thanks!

---------- Post added 07-14-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^go its better than Knotts (I like both) but Universal is just WAY more scary and I think Bill and Ted is a really fun show to watch...I saw it 3 times last year

I went to knotts for the first time instead of HHN last year, and I just couldn't enjoy it. It got too crowded with too long of lines and too many teenagers. They had of a Ton of mazes but the even just seemed chaotic.

The Reason that I will be going to HHN instead of Knotts is also they sell the line cutter which is the only way I can enjoy this event. I can't enjoy 2-4 hour lines.

i like F!an's map, that seems right. i did hear HHN is going to start up a week early, idk about starting early since people already complained about regular park hours closing at 5.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast