Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 108
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    closer look at the ride vehicle...
    Looking at this concept art of the ride vehicle, I don't see how Transformers will have a "weight" restriction like Forbidden Journey. Transformers looks like it'll use a single lap bar for each row (similar to JP and Simpsons) so if the lap bar goes down far enough, you can ride as the ride vehicle will not leave the ground. Forbidden Journey has a "weight" restriction because you have to be strapped into the individual seats as the ride vehicle rotates on several axes.

    ---------- Post added 07-22-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    ok so wait... is Transformers now going to be open BEFORE Carsland?
    Transformers was always scheduled to open Spring 2012.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    LOL! Talk about being hypocritical! You say don't write off RSR, then you continue to write off Transformers when less is actually known about it than RSR! That was a good laugh.

    They are both going to be great rides, but lets get real. Transformers has a bigger budget and better ride system. Advantage goes to Transformers.
    Yeah because what I posted was so funny. I'm telling people that they will be surprised by the scale and immersion of RSR. It's going to be a great attraction that's easy to follow and understand.

    I don't get the Transformers films. In my opinion, they suck. So I won't ride the attraction. It's hardly judging the attraction itself. If anything, I'm judging the films. If I get confused in the films, how will it be any different in the attraction? Please let me know the answer and I'll think about changing my opinion. Thanks.

  3. #18

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,898
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    LOL! Talk about being hypocritical! You say don't write off RSR, then you continue to write off Transformers when less is actually known about it than RSR! That was a good laugh.

    They are both going to be great rides, but lets get real. Transformers has a bigger budget and better ride system. Advantage goes to Transformers.
    I think BOTH will be good rides but come on Universal Hollywoods Track records against this ride....our Mummy sucks compared to the other ones, Simpsons is fun but did not push any limits, and Kong is cool but not as cool as the Animatonic.....just saying NOTHING they have built in the last 10 years has been up to a Disneyland E Ticket ride.

    Now I do think Transformers will be a good ride and heck if the anmatonic's are THAT cool then it might become my favorite ride at the park but Cars racers is ALL physical (no screens) and is set in a mountain Range...so as of now Racers is looking like its the ride that will last another 50 years while Transformers could just be replaced in 20 years with some new rides with Screens

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Now I do think Transformers will be a good ride and heck if the anmatonic's are THAT cool then it might become my favorite ride at the park but Cars racers is ALL physical (no screens) and is set in a mountain Range...so as of now Racers is looking like its the ride that will last another 50 years while Transformers could just be replaced in 20 years with some new rides with Screens
    Exactly! What do you think will have more lasting power:

    an exciting, immersive attraction will projection screens, a few AAs, and a few effects
    or
    an exciting, prominent, immersive attraction racing through a mountain, consisting of 15+ AA figures, a high speed racing sequence, and an entire land dedicated to telling the story of the attraction?

    Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I guess everyone will have their own opinions...

  5. #20

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Guys I dont understand why people fight over stuff like this? This ONLY raises the bar, give people more options in their entertainment choices and create more competition, which is great!

    I think they BOTH seem great! I think I will probably like TFs better as a ride overall if its anything like Spiderman, which I love, BUT RSR will be cool and I think Disney has the advantage because they are creating a new immersive land, so thats another difference as well.

    Wow, I thought THIS year was suppose to be a great summer for new attractions, but looks like next year is where all the stops are being pulled out.

  6. #21

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yeah because what I posted was so funny. I'm telling people that they will be surprised by the scale and immersion of RSR. It's going to be a great attraction that's easy to follow and understand.
    I don't doubt that. I never said it was going to be a bad attraction. I am very much looking forward to it as much as anybody else on this site.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    If I get confused in the films, how will it be any different in the attraction? Please let me know the answer and I'll think about changing my opinion. Thanks.
    The answer is simple. A 4 minute ride is not a 150 minute movie. The idea that Universal is trying to compress a 150 minute film into 4 minute attraction very unopen-minded. As a matter of fact I know that the storyline of Transformers will be original and easy to follow. Let me know if this is hard to understand.

    There is a secrete Transformers base in Universal Studios.
    A Decepticon breaks in to steal technology.
    You must capture the bad guy and return the technology to safe keeping.

    To hate on this ride just because you hate on Transformers is not fair.


  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Transformers isn't the best franchise, but I see a ton of hate of Cars on these forums, so I don't see the point of saying Transformers will be a bad ride just because the movie is bad. Neither movie is good, but the Transformers ride looks like it will be amazing nonetheless.

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Wait, wait, wait, since when did you hear that the ride would have no 3D glasses? Someone I know about who is working on this ride said that there will be.

    That's a really cool ride vehicle, but my only concern is that the doors look a little bit low, thereby allowing you to see the rims of the screens. Of well. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

    As for the whole Transformers VS RSR argument, while I look forward to riding both rides, they both will use already-existing ride technology in Florida, bringing it over here on the West coast, and making them a lot better. RSR will use the same technology as Test Track, but it will have better storytelling, immersion, and physical sets that will only add on to the thrills of going fast and racing (Which TT doesn't do.)

    Transformers, the ride I anticipate a LOT more, will reuse Spiderman's technology. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man, even after riding Potter, remains to me the best theme park ride I've ever been on. Their use of illusions, SFX combined with 3D imagery, immersive storytelling, thrills of spinning, and physical environments are what made the ride so great. Now, USH is taking a step further with HD 3D, more high-tech effects, use of animatronics, and even the use of elevators transporting you from the first to second floor.

    At the end of it all, while I anticipate both, I think Transformers will come out in the winning end for their use of animatronics, illusions, SFX, and combination of 3D imagery and physical environment. What does RSR have to offer (From what I've seen)? Fast, good physical effects and storytelling, and not much more. But hey, I could be wrong.

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Exactly! What do you think will have more lasting power:

    an exciting, immersive attraction will projection screens, a few AAs, and a few effects
    or
    an exciting, prominent, immersive attraction racing through a mountain, consisting of 15+ AA figures, a high speed racing sequence, and an entire land dedicated to telling the story of the attraction?

    Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I guess everyone will have their own opinions...

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I think BOTH will be good rides but come on Universal Hollywoods Track records against this ride....our Mummy sucks compared to the other ones, Simpsons is fun but did not push any limits, and Kong is cool but not as cool as the Animatonic.....just saying NOTHING they have built in the last 10 years has been up to a Disneyland E Ticket ride.

    Now I do think Transformers will be a good ride and heck if the anmatonic's are THAT cool then it might become my favorite ride at the park but Cars racers is ALL physical (no screens) and is set in a mountain Range...so as of now Racers is looking like its the ride that will last another 50 years while Transformers could just be replaced in 20 years with some new rides with Screens
    Mmm, and look at how many people wait in line just to shoot fake balls at carnival games that are nothing but projection screens (Toy Story Mania). Transformers is going to be more then just screens (via 3-D high-definition video) too, it will have pyrotechnics (fires, explosions, etc), new audio-animatronics technology (Transfomer audio-animatronics will transfomer before guests very eyes in some sections), new ride system (upgrade since The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) that will be a quarter of a mile, and ride vehicles that will be raised to 60 feet up in the air in seconds.

    When I first heard that basically Test Track was coming to California Adventure and dressed in Arizona outfit, I thought cool. The place needs another thrill ride but it's nothing more that.

    I remember when projections got a bad wrap when they started becoming a new tool of thrill rides, it all depends how its used and done great! Universal has proven twice with the technology, and they always go the extra mile when creating a solid attraction.

    Yes, the Mummy is too short and is basically Space Mountain in a sound stage (the Orlando version is killer) but I love going backyards in the dark (no pun intended). As for King Kong, it's part of the back-lot tour. While I miss the big old guy in person, the attraction is pretty amazing of how Universal was able to pull it off, and at least the CGI isn't cheesy like the new Star Tours but I must say though, Universal did go the cheap Wal-Mart way with the Simpsons.

    Psychical or imagery at any theme park, if a ride has something that captures the people's thrill seeking needs, and wanting to go again, and again. The winner here are us who ride them.
    Last edited by JMora; 07-22-2011 at 06:58 PM.

  10. #25

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I don't doubt that. I never said it was going to be a bad attraction. I am very much looking forward to it as much as anybody else on this site.



    The answer is simple. A 4 minute ride is not a 150 minute movie. The idea that Universal is trying to compress a 150 minute film into 4 minute attraction very unopen-minded. As a matter of fact I know that the storyline of Transformers will be original and easy to follow. Let me know if this is hard to understand.

    There is a secrete Transformers base in Universal Studios.
    A Decepticon breaks in to steal technology.
    You must capture the bad guy and return the technology to safe keeping.

    To hate on this ride just because you hate on Transformers is not fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Transformers isn't the best franchise, but I see a ton of hate of Cars on these forums, so I don't see the point of saying Transformers will be a bad ride just because the movie is bad. Neither movie is good, but the Transformers ride looks like it will be amazing nonetheless.
    I didn't say that I'm writing off the attraction because I didn't like the movies. I said I'm not looking forward to the attraction because I can never understand what is happening. I can't ever tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. Why would I expect the ride to be any different?

  11. #26

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I didn't say that I'm writing off the attraction because I didn't like the movies. I said I'm not looking forward to the attraction because I can never understand what is happening. I can't ever tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. Why would I expect the ride to be any different?
    The bad guys, the one's who are trying to kill you =}

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    The bad guys, the one's who are trying to kill you =}
    But how am I supposed to tell the difference when there are 2 robots that look extremely similar running around in front of me? Same problem I have with the films. How can you distinguish between which robot is which? You can't.

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    I've never actually seen a whole Transformers movie, and I still have no doubt the ride will be amazing. Judging by your comments and signature, you're just being overly critical.

  14. #29

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,633

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I've never actually seen a whole Transformers movie, and I still have no doubt the ride will be amazing. Judging by your comments and signature, you're just being overly critical.
    Thanks for the personal attack, but I'll just ignore it.

    No, I'm not being overly critical. If I go watch a movie, I don't want to be confused. Watching 2 giant pieces of metal fight each other is not my idea of entertainment. That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just stating my thoughts. Harry Potter, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

    I have no doubt that the attraction will be good, but Transformers just isn't my thing. I'll stick with Carsland. I don't understand why I can't say that without multiple people trying to sway my opinion. If anyone's going to change my opinion, it won't be MiceChat.

  15. #30

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,898
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Mmm, and look at how many people wait in line just to shoot fake balls at carnival games that are nothing but projection screens (Toy Story Mania). Transformers is going to be more then just screens (via 3-D high-definition video) too, it will have pyrotechnics (fires, explosions, etc), new audio-animatronics technology (Transfomer audio-animatronics will transfomer before guests very eyes in some sections), new ride system (upgrade since The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) that will be a quarter of a mile, and ride vehicles that will be raised to 60 feet up in the air in seconds.

    When I first heard that basically Test Track was coming to California Adventure and dressed in Arizona outfit, I thought cool. The place needs another thrill ride but it's nothing more that.

    I remember when projections got a bad wrap when they started becoming a new tool of thrill rides, it all depends how its used and done great! Universal has proven twice with the technology, and they always go the extra mile when creating a solid attraction.

    Yes, the Mummy is too short and is basically Space Mountain in a sound stage (the Orlando version is killer) but I love going backyards in the dark (no pun intended). As for King Kong, it's part of the back-lot tour. While I miss the big old guy in person, the attraction is pretty amazing of how Universal was able to pull it off, and at least the CGI isn't cheesy like the new Star Tours but I must say though, Universal did go the cheap Wal-Mart way with the Simpsons.

    Psychical or imagery at any theme park, if a ride has something that captures the people's thrill seeking needs, and wanting to go again, and again. The winner here are us who ride them.
    I mean I want BOTH to be good...i have a Universal and Disney pass...but I'll WAIT til I ride it to praise it since Kong, the Simpsons ride, and Mummy were ok...but nothing Special.

    I know some people really like Kong but most Teenagers found it disappointing, cause i have to be honest even the 3DS has a better 3D "depth" effect than Universal does and to me Kong felt like a flat screen and things popped out at you...and if Transformers is like this and NOT like Spiderman then it will be a fail and until i SEE it I have my doubts that it will be as good as Spiderman

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transformers: The Ride
    By Maverick in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 08:47 PM
  2. So, the movie comes out and the ride opens on the same day...
    By Speedway in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 05:09 PM
  3. RCT3 Fantasmic! The Ride
    By Lost Boy in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
  4. Ride Layout of Jurassic Park the Ride, at USH
    By nsxdrift_89 in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 08:26 AM
  5. Indiana Jones - The Ride Video
    By RU42 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 08:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •