Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Transformers: The Ride - OPENS SPRING 2012

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    **Warning**Warning**Warning** this discussion has reached critical nerdiness.. lol jk you guys... but really.

I am sure the bad guys on the ride will look menacing, and want to hurt you, and the good guys will be nice and want to save you. Don't get your undies in a bunch before the ride has even opened.

lol

I took my wedge out, let's all go on the ride... When it opens =}

---------- Post added 07-24-2011 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I remember when transformers knocked off voltron and we got devastor.. and to see what stupidity they made of him in transformers 2, etc...
    Devastator is in the ride too (dunno if we drive under his balls though) =}

---------- Post added 07-24-2011 at 03:33 PM ----------

The official attraction website (evolving over time of course)
    Nest Needs You!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    So, now you've turned to just trying to bash any little thing you can pull from the TF movie series. Just stop. We get it, your not a fan, can it end at that? This thread has been SOOO sidetracked by complaining, when this attraction looks like it's going to be one of the best attractions at any Universal Studios park, better than most Disney attractions.
    Over this entire thread, I have had 1 complaint. That's hardly bashing the entire series.

And I will continue to complain until people on this thread accept my opinion and stop saying things are wrong with my brain and attacking me. Is that too much to ask, have my opinion accepted without personal attacks? No, it's not.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Over this entire thread, I have had 1 complaint. That's hardly bashing the entire series.

And I will continue to complain until people on this thread accept my opinion and stop saying things are wrong with my brain and attacking me. Is that too much to ask, have my opinion accepted without personal attacks? No, it's not.
    Don't be bitter, it happens to the best of us but in my opinion:

The Transformers: The Ride guest vehicle (a Lamborghini Reventon with a lot updates) is a sweet set of wheels...

and better then Radiator Springs Racers guest vehicle (a toon Ferrari)...

... with a smile? LOL

Remember, concept art does not necessarily reflect what the final product will look like.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Having been on Spider-Man, this Transformers Ride will be the most amazing thing ever.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyfreak110 View Post
    Remember, concept art does not necessarily reflect what the final product will look like.
    The Transformers: The Ride vehicle (a tweaked up Lamborghini Reventon) seen in car form is the real deal. Keep in mind the attraction opens over in Universal Studios Singapore late 2011, and Hollywood will have the very same vehicle.

and IT WILL be an adrenaline rush like you never before experienced. With a thrilling, seeking edge of your seat adventure with mind-blowing 4-D atmosphere that one may want to call your lawyer before getting into...

If your woman is pregnant, just remember, she screaming for TWO!
    Last edited by JMora; 07-26-2011 at 12:25 AM.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Having been on Spider-Man, this Transformers Ride will be the most amazing thing ever.
    no way! i think it will be really amazing...but i still think the forbidden journey is the "most amazing thing ever"!

flower gleam & glow...

What I meant was... Don't expect the vehicle to look quite like that.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Man, 2012 is a good year to be a theme park fan.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyfreak110 View Post
    What I meant was... Don't expect the vehicle to look quite like that.
    Well, it's way better then a cartoon by the name Lightning McQueen, who in the real world is NASCAR variety Pontiac Firebird. Compare that with the Transformers guest vehicle that's a tweaked out a Lamborghini Reventon on crack! That's the look of the set of wheels for Transformers: The Ride that guest will have to hold on for dear lives!

Universal Creative, with the help of NASA, and ILM. Disney only spent a puny $40 million towards Radiator Springs Racers attraction. Universal guaranteed that Transformers: The Ride would be there golden child attraction of ALL Universal rides. The budget for Transformers: The Ride is said to be anywhere from $250 to 350 million.

Take into consideration Jurassic Park: The Ride was almost $150 million back in day when it opened at Universal Studios Hollywood (source: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/apr/09/new-jurassic-park-water-ride-has-gargantuan-budget/). As for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, it's reported $310 million to make (source: Universal Orlando's Harry Potter land: Robot-powered ride debut June 18).

No doubt, this attraction will step up the level of thrill seeking of the theme park industry like never before. Hello! physical state of the art audio-animatronics will also transform before your very eyes too! It will be a 4-D atmosphere like never before, beyond the Amazing Spiderman 3-D Ride!

->Keep in mind, what you just witnessed is just A TEASE! The video you just saw was 'the' concept seal deal, and sure enough when guests ride the attraction, the footage of the 3D sections will be 100% realism. It will retain the look-and-feel of the Transformers movie trilogy, its plot will be a "natural follow-up" to the films rather than based on them directly.

Oh yeah, James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, & George Lucas (ILM) also helped create this ultimate E-Ticket attraction - shocking? It will be more realism then Star Tours II too!

Remember, 4 years in the making!
    Last edited by JMora; 07-28-2011 at 05:28 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Well, it's way better then a cartoon by the name Lightning McQueen, who in the real world is NASCAR variety Pontiac Firebird. Compare that with the Transformers guest vehicle that's a tweaked out a Lamborghini Reventon on crack! That's the look of the set of wheels for Transformers: The Ride that guest will have to hold on for dear lives!

Universal Creative, with the help of NASA, and ILM. Disney only spent a puny $40 million towards Radiator Springs Racers attraction. Universal guaranteed that Transformers: The Ride would be there golden child attraction of ALL Universal rides. The budget for Transformers: The Ride is said to be anywhere from $250 to 350 million.

Take into consideration Jurassic Park: The Ride was almost $150 million back in day when it opened at Universal Studios Hollywood (source: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/apr/09/new-jurassic-park-water-ride-has-gargantuan-budget/). As for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, it's reported $310 million to make (source: Universal Orlando's Harry Potter land: Robot-powered ride debut June 18).

No doubt, this attraction will step up the level of thrill seeking of the theme park industry like never before. Hello! physical state of the art audio-animatronics will also transform before your very eyes too! It will be a 4-D atmosphere like never before, beyond the Amazing Spiderman 3-D Ride!

->Keep in mind, what you just witnessed is just A TEASE! The video you just saw was 'the' concept seal deal, and sure enough when guests ride the attraction, the footage of the 3D sections will be 100% realism. It will retain the look-and-feel of the Transformers movie trilogy, its plot will be a "natural follow-up" to the films rather than based on them directly.

Oh yeah, James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, & George Lucas (ILM) also helped create this ultimate E-Ticket attraction - shocking? It will be more realism then Star Tours II too!

Remember, 4 years in the making!

Ok that Tease is pretty Bad A$$.

Ok but a correction on your numbers..

The entire Wizarding World of Harry Potter cost $310,000,000, not just the ride.

Also radiator springs is costing upwards of 200,000,000 (when you count the rock work).

So need to be fair here.

I am excited for it all. It is giving me a reason to leave my wonderful Orlando and travel to the West Coast.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

After going to Universal Studios the other day, and seeing the absolutely massive showbuilding for Transformers, I will be willing to not write off the attraction like I did.

I am expecting something that I have never seen before and to be completely, 100% immersed in the story. I am also expecting not to be confused whatsoever when robots are fighting. I think these standards are fair looking at how highly JMora has already placed the attraction.

I'm still looking forward to Carsland and RSR much more than Transformers, but I won't write off Transformers just yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    After going to Universal Studios the other day, and seeing the absolutely massive showbuilding for Transformers, I will be willing to not write off the attraction like I did.

I am expecting something that I have never seen before and to be completely, 100% immersed in the story. I am also expecting not to be confused whatsoever when robots are fighting. I think these standards are fair looking at how highly JMora has already placed the attraction.

I'm still looking forward to Carsland and RSR much more than Transformers, but I won't write off Transformers just yet.
    I am looking forward to both attractions but for thrill adrenaline sake, Transformers: The Ride is just an idea wet dream come true like no other! I've been waiting for this high since the 1980s1 From personally experience The Amazing Spider-Man ride at Orlando and researching all the 411 on Universal's new crown jewel, Transformers: The Ride will kick A$$!

and the fact guests have to confront the true mean bad-a$$...

... just the tip of the iceberg of the 5-6 minute attraction!

and I heard the soundtrack of the ride just be from this great music artist, 009 Sound System...

...if true. WOW!

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 03:12 AM ----------

Transformers: The Ride just may be an identity of its own, a film crew was discovered filming in downtown L.A blowing **** up...

and

Michael Bay, and James Cameron were spotted directing shots. Say what?

A local L.A blog got explosive access to the off limits-production of Transformers: the Ride - LA Mix.
    Innovative ‘Transformers: The Ride–3D’ Fuses Original 3D-HD Media,
    Elaborate Flight Simulation Technology and Cutting Edge Special Effects
    To Revolutionize Next Generation Immersive Theme Park Ride
    At Universal Studios Hollywood, In Spring 2012

Universal City California –“Transformers: The Ride–3D,” based on the iconic brand from Hasbro and electrifying film franchise, directed by Michael Bay, and celebrated for its multi-generational appeal, inventive storyline, spectacular action sequences and amazing special effects, will revolutionize theme park ride perceptions when it debuts as a cutting-edge mega-attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood in Spring 2012.

The dynamic, motion-based thrill ride will tell an original “TRANSFORMERS” story using original, photo-realistic 3D-HD media, sophisticated special effects masterminded by Industrial Light & Magic, and one of the most elaborate roaming flight simulator ride systems ever created. Fusing high-tech elements with an epic new “TRANSFORMERS” tale, “Transformers: The Ride–3D” will be Universal Studios Hollywood’s most ambitious ride ever created and will set a new standard in the world of theme park attractions, stretching the medium’s potential as an immersive and powerful storytelling vehicle.

As Universal Studios Hollywood readies to enthrall its guests with the highly anticipated introduction of “Transformers: The Ride 3-D,” the final chapter in the film franchise, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” is set to launch into theatres on July 1, 2011 to an insatiable movie-going fan base.
    In the “TRANSFORMERS” movies, Earth’s humans are caught in the middle of an intergalactic war between alien robots, the heroic AUTOBOTS and the evil DECEPTICONS, that physically convert from common mechanical devices, such as cars, trucks and planes to robotic warriors.

Larry Kurzweil, President, Universal Studios Hollywood, said: “’TRANSFORMERS’ represents a perfect match for our theme park: an exhilarating blockbuster, non-stop action and astonishing special effects. It has all the elements necessary to become one of the world’s most dynamic theme park thrill rides and a centerpiece attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood.”

Mark Woodbury, President, Universal Creative, said: “ We’ve pushed the boundaries of 3D, hyperrealism and immersive visual effects to transport our guests, physically and viscerally, into the world of ‘TRANSFORMERS.’ Our collaboration with the immensely talented director Michael Bay as the ride’s Creative Consultant has been extraordinary. With his blockbuster film making capabilities, Universal Studios Hollywood has created an original ‘TRANSFORMERS’ story that taps into the real heart of these bigger-than-life characters and delivers an epic ride experience of a lifetime.”

“Transformers: The Ride–3D” is being created in a partnership between Universal Parks & Resorts and Hasbro, Inc.

The ride’s pioneering photo realistic 3D media is being created by multiple Oscar® -winning Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), a division of Lucasfilms, Ltd., the ground-breaking visionary special effects company behind such acclaimed films as “TRANSFORMERS,” “Avatar,” “Iron Man” and “Star Wars.” “TRANSFORMERS,” the first in the film’s trilogy, debuted in 2007 to worldwide gross revenue of over $709 million, garnering three Academy Award® nominations. The sequel, “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN,” opened in 2009 and grossed worldwide over $836 million, and earned an Academy Award® nomination. The third film in the franchise, “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON,” will open on July 1, 2011. The three “TRANSFORMERS” films were directed by Michael Bay, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures.

Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A., includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas, and the Gibson Amphitheatre concert and special event venue. World-class rides and attractions include the new blockbuster ride, “King Kong 360 3-D” on the famed behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, “The Simpsons Ride,” “Revenge of the Mummy —The Ride” indoor roller coaster and “Jurassic Park® – The Ride.”

Universal Studios Hollywood is a unit of the Universal Parks & Resorts division of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.

Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Harbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. . © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Source: Universal Studios Hollywood gearing up for Transformers attraction in Spring 2012

Even before opening,
    it just seems it's going to KICK A$$!
    Transformers Your World
    May 4, 2012

Last edited by JMora; 07-29-2011 at 02:23 AM.

• Banned User

Was in the paper & online
    Transformers ride to debut at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012

Concept art for the new Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood shows Bumblebee in action surrounded by military planes, tanks and helicopters. (Universal Studios)

Photos: Photos: Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood By Brady MacDonald Los Angeles Times Staff Writer July 29, 2011, 5:30 a.m.

Recruits on the new Transformers ride opening at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012 will join the heroic Autobots in an intergalactic battle against the villainous Decepticons.

The five-minute Transformers motion simulator dark ride with high-definition 3-D images, special effects and animatronics will feature an original storyline starring the shape-shifting robots capable of changing into cars, trucks and planes.

> Photos: Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Hyperbolic Universal officials are already calling the new Transformers attraction "the greatest ride in theme park history."

That's quite a boast, but Universal built what many consider to be the world's greatest ride in 1999 with the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man only to surpass it with the 2010 debut of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – both at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. The new Transformers attraction in California is expected to employ a ride system similar to Florida's Spider-Man.

Universal has tapped the voice actors from the "Transformers" film series as well as Industrial Light and Magic to create the 3D characters and visuals for the ride, which Variety reports will cost "significantly more" than $40 million.

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" director Michael Bay is also on board as a creative consultant after saying he didn't like the initial storyline and wasn't involved in the project when the ride was first announced in 2008.

During the queue pre-show, riders will be recruited for a mission by the NEST military organization to join the Autobots in an alien robot showdown with the Decepticons.

Concept art for the queue shows a control room with video screens explaining the ride's back-story and the AllSpark containment chamber with a glowing module containing the source of life for all Transformers.

Riders will be transported through the Transformers attraction in a blue Autobot vehicle with three rows of seats known as Evac, according to Universal officials at Comic-Con.

During the ride, visitors will fly above city streets and through high-rise buildings onboard Evac while battling a Decepticon robot named Ravage, according to the Comic-Con presentation.

Along the way, riders will encounter Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream and other Transformers characters.

In one scene from the ride, a robotic animal stands atop a military-like vehicle as riders pass the blacklight-lit montage. Another scene shows the Bumblebee robot in action surrounded by military planes, tanks and helicopters.

An identical version of the Transformers ride will open this fall at Universal Studios Singapore. The Universal Studios Hollywood ride will replace the retired Backdraft attraction and the relocated Special Effects Stages on the theme park's lower lot.
    Source: Transformers ride to debut at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012 - latimes.com

Another interesting article: Universal Studios Hollywood lays out 20-year plan for future theme park attractions

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 04:35 PM ----------

Was in the paper & online
    Transformers ride to debut at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012
    Concept art for the new Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood shows Bumblebee in action surrounded by military planes, tanks and helicopters. (Universal Studios)

Photos: Photos: Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood
    By Brady MacDonald Los Angeles Times Staff Writer July 29, 2011, 5:30 a.m.

Recruits on the new Transformers ride opening at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012 will join the heroic Autobots in an intergalactic battle against the villainous Decepticons.

The five-minute Transformers motion simulator dark ride with high-definition 3-D images, special effects and animatronics will feature an original storyline starring the shape-shifting robots capable of changing into cars, trucks and planes.

> Photos: Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Hyperbolic Universal officials are already calling the new Transformers attraction "the greatest ride in theme park history."

That's quite a boast, but Universal built what many consider to be the world's greatest ride in 1999 with the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man only to surpass it with the 2010 debut of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – both at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. The new Transformers attraction in California is expected to employ a ride system similar to Florida's Spider-Man.

Universal has tapped the voice actors from the "Transformers" film series as well as Industrial Light and Magic to create the 3D characters and visuals for the ride, which Variety reports will cost "significantly more" than $40 million.

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" director Michael Bay is also on board as a creative consultant after saying he didn't like the initial storyline and wasn't involved in the project when the ride was first announced in 2008.

During the queue pre-show, riders will be recruited for a mission by the NEST military organization to join the Autobots in an alien robot showdown with the Decepticons.

Concept art for the queue shows a control room with video screens explaining the ride's back-story and the AllSpark containment chamber with a glowing module containing the source of life for all Transformers.

Riders will be transported through the Transformers attraction in a blue Autobot vehicle with three rows of seats known as Evac, according to Universal officials at Comic-Con.

During the ride, visitors will fly above city streets and through high-rise buildings onboard Evac while battling a Decepticon robot named Ravage, according to the Comic-Con presentation.

Along the way, riders will encounter Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream and other Transformers characters.

In one scene from the ride, a robotic animal stands atop a military-like vehicle as riders pass the blacklight-lit montage. Another scene shows the Bumblebee robot in action surrounded by military planes, tanks and helicopters.

An identical version of the Transformers ride will open this fall at Universal Studios Singapore. The Universal Studios Hollywood ride will replace the retired Backdraft attraction and the relocated Special Effects Stages on the theme park's lower lot.
    Source: Transformers ride to debut at Universal Studios Hollywood in spring 2012 - latimes.com

Another interesting article: Universal Studios Hollywood lays out 20-year plan for future theme park attractions

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of the Transformers movies. I'm not a fan of the PIXAR Cars movies either (I think they are the worst of the Pixar films). BUT, I think BOTH rides are shaping up to be amazing.

The Disney ride will be very cute and likely to be a family classic. They are also building an entire land around it much like Universal did with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There is no doubt that it is going to transform DCA and make it a must-see theme park.

The Universal ride will be built in a huge soundstage and is based on the AMAZING Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. It will be a more extreme experience than Radiator Spring Racers but still a mostly family friendly ride. They are absolutely trying to build the #1 theme park attraction in the world. As far as totally immersive experiences go, they can only take it so far, since they aren't building a land, just a ride. But the new Universal Creative has a proven ability to design and create amazing attractions when they are allowed to. And just like at Disney, they face constant budget cuts and restrictions. Still, Universal seems to be trying harder than Disney to set the themed attractions bar higher and higher (That competition is good for all of us).

Which attraction will come out on top? Most likely both of them. They really play to different audiences and if both live up to the hype, we will all benefit. But the park with the most to gain is Universal, which has never been top dog in Southern California attractions. This could really help make them an essential stop for every SoCal visitor. And if all goes well, we will see a series of MAJOR improvements out of Universal in the years to follow. DCA isn't the only theme park reinventing itself. Universal wants a bigger piece of the pie.

With Matt Ouimet going to Knott's and Cedar Fair, Universal learning that it can beat Disney at its own game, and Disney trying to erase a decade of damaged parks, every theme park fan has reason to smile. . . . regardless of which ride comes out on top.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast