• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Shows/Streetmosphere at USH

Earlier this Spring, I renewed my Universal AP for the third year. One aspect of the park that keeps me coming back are the shows and streetmosphere acts. With the summer season officially underway, Universal ramps up it's offerings and I made a recent visit to check out the latest.

British Dancers - I believe this is a brand new streetmosphere show for 2011, as I've never seen it in previous visits. Two female dancers drive around in a convertible Mini Cooper and stop in Baker Street. Two male dancers dressed as Palace Guards join them and they all dance to a medley of music from UK artists.

Can-Can Dancers - this streetmosphere show has been playing in the park for a few years now. It's always a fun diversion on the upper lot, in front of the International Cafe.

[/url]

Zorro and Elena - a new dance-themed act replaces the former stunt-themed show. This was mentioned in this forum or in one of the weekly MC updates a few weeks ago, so I wanted to check it out for myself.

More pictures coming up, including Marilyn Monroe and the Diamond Dolls, and Universal's Character Jam

---------- Post added 06-30-2011 at 05:18 PM ----------

Marilyn Monroe and the Diamond Dolls - this is a seasonal show on the upper lot during the summer. There is a variant during Grinchmas featuring Mrs. Claus and the Santa Dolls. If you ever want to see a line of dads or grown-up guys standing in line for pictures with characters, look no further than the post-show meet 'n greet with the Dolls.

Character Jam - a year-round show playing on a stage in the Lower Lot, the Character Jam features a collection of Universal Monsters in the first act hosted by Beetlejuice. And a second act featuring familiar cartoon characters dancing.

Of course, there are other shows that are more familiar to frequent guests like the Blues Brothers Revue, the Animal Actors Show and the big showcase, the WaterWorld stunt show. But some of these other smaller shows are well worth stopping for a few minutes. They are all quite fun and not that long of a diversion to keep you away from other attractions!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Shows/Streetmosphere at USH

I just rather all the money spent on these 5 little shows went into a GOOD show something like Spiderman Rocks or Beetljuice

• Minion

There is also some other shows including the "residents" of Baker Street and New York Street interacting with guests from their windows, Street Sweep, the Shrek Band, the Mummy Guards, Dino Chasers and another character show that I can't think of the name of right now.

USH does offer a lot of streetmosphere and due to the limited size of the park and the short operating hours, the shows are almost non stop and run one right after the other.

• Hukuna Matata!

I love that girl in the British Flag dress and Elena!

Great pics!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    There is also some other shows including the "residents" of Baker Street and New York Street interacting with guests from their windows, Street Sweep, the Shrek Band, the Mummy Guards, Dino Chasers and another character show that I can't think of the name of right now.
    F!an, do you know where the Street Sweeps are performing this summer? I kept looking last week and never found them. That's definitely a super-fun show worth stopping for. And I've never seen the Dino Chasers. They'll be on my list for my next visit lol!

USH does offer a lot of streetmosphere and due to the limited size of the park and the short operating hours, the shows are almost non stop and run one right after the other.
    I like this about Universal too. You can find one show right after the other and be entertained all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I love that girl in the British Flag dress and Elena!
    Great pics!
    Thanks Joshnyah! Yes, some of the performers are easy on the eyes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    F!an, do you know where the Street Sweeps are performing this summer? I kept looking last week and never found them. That's definitely a super-fun show worth stopping for. And I've never seen the Dino Chasers. They'll be on my list for my next visit lol!
    I don't know the exact times for Street Sweep since performance times vary day to day, but you can find them on the red carpet between the ticket booths (the only theme park to provide entertainment to guests outside its gates) in the morning/early afternoon and in front of Cartooniversal after that.

The Dino Chasers are in the Lower Lot just in front of Jurassic Park: The Ride. It's a nice little interactive show.

For daily times for any show, ask a CM, especially the show control CMs in the blue and black polos.

What are the Dino Chasers? Anyone have a photo?

• Minion

I have a photo from last year. Let me dig it out and I'll post it as soon as I can.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    I don't know the exact times for Street Sweep since performance times vary day to day, but you can find them on the red carpet between the ticket booths (the only theme park to provide entertainment to guests outside its gates) in the morning/early afternoon and in front of Cartooniversal after that.

The Dino Chasers are in the Lower Lot just in front of Jurassic Park: The Ride. It's a nice little interactive show.
    F!an, thanks for the info! I caught the Street Sweeps in front of the main entrance earlier today and got some good photos on the red carpet.

I then entered the park and saw the Diamond Dolls and British Dancers again. There have been some tweaks to the British Dancers already. The secondary costumes on the male dancers have changed slightly with red undershirts replacing the white/union jack shirts. It's a good change. And operationally, team members set up two stanchions and a rope to help crowd control along the narrow confines of Baker Street. A big challenge of this show is that it pretty much blocks off the primary corridor from the front of the park to Terminator 2 3-D.

After that, I made my way down to the Lower Lot to look for the Dino Chasers and found them exactly as you posted--right in front of Jurassic Park. It didn't seem to be a "show" per se, but more of a interactive character meet 'n greet. The two paleontologists were engaging guests in conversation, but there didn't seem to be a set script or anything like that. It was certainly fun to watch and easy for me to jump in and interact, since most people walked right by them to Jurassic Park or the restaurant. It's a nice touch and adds atmosphere to the Lower Lot. I'll try to post some photos up later this week.

street sweep will 99.9 percent of the time be outside the gate until around 1. then the rest of the day its near HOH

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Dino Chasers in front of Jurassic Park:they are Dr. Pepper Ann on the left and Dr. Marjorie on the right.

Street Sweep Dancers

F!an, thanks again for the heads up on these two groups of performers.