Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: USH HHN 2011 Official Line Up

3 things:
    1) I wonder what impact closing the line to TT at 9pm this will have on the employee preview since it's 7-11pm on a Tuesday...

2) I wonder which area TT has expanded into. Currently TT uses Whoville, Bates Motel, wilderness path, Psycho House and WotW. Murdy said this new expansion is in plain sight but other than the merch warehouse, there is nothing really in the immediate area. Could this mean TT is going to be accessing the JP visitor's center set?

3) If I see Murdy backstage this week I'll try to ask him what's the deal with TT.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I think the would be pretty cool....they need a new area to use and it could work as a good ending point

I noticed in the description for the Front of the Line ticket,it says good for one use per ride... anyone know if this is something they are going to actually enforce? Last year we went on every maze twice and it was great.. if they are going to enforce this, I may skip this year.. I mean for the price of the FLP, you should be able to use it as much as you can on your visit...

I don't think they could use the JP Visitor Center. When I worked at the top of TT where the old trams are, all employees were warned not to go near that set. It was considered dangerous and we were told that the structure was no longer sound.

I think the cabin by Falls Lake would be amazing, but again, guests would have to cross the road where the trams would be going.

Keep us posted! I won't be back at USH until the 23rd.

• Minion

I think the reapers should have went on the new York street.it would have went well with the fire tower and they could have had the grim reaper talk to pol instead of the ringmaster.

P.s has anyone voted in the short film contest? I voted for follow the sun, Eric, hacked, and monster in my pool

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    I noticed in the description for the Front of the Line ticket,it says good for one use per ride... anyone know if this is something they are going to actually enforce? Last year we went on every maze twice and it was great.. if they are going to enforce this, I may skip this year.. I mean for the price of the FLP, you should be able to use it as much as you can on your visit...
    Last year my friends and I found a pass on the ground and all used it on the same maze (3 times for all of us to go once) so is this a new rule?

This is what the ticket site says "
    Front of Line Pass: $69
    1 time use at each attraction"

• Minion

Green is roughly the current TT path. The blue box is the merch warehouse and the red box is the the JP visitor's center set. The only expansion area I can see is in the purple box and the black line represents the altered path.

its obviously because they are filming movies during those times

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Another important issue is the lines for everything else after 9 PM. TT was such a great people eater with the highest capacity of all the attractions, by far, with hundreds on the trams and hundreds on the trail with hundreds in the queue, coming and going at a constant rate.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

the FoL once per attraction is how they do it in Florida, it was kind of a bummer to discover that the first year we went but we found that if we hit as many mazes as we could before the lines got to awful long, then we could save the FoL for when we got later into the evening and the lines were 1hr +

but yeah, plenty of times in Orlando we've wished we could do a maze (or "house" as they call them there) more than once just because it was so awesome and weren't able to because the line was so long and we'd already used our FoL
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

I was able to go to an HHN media preview event today (thanks again Fishbulb) and was able to see firsthand some of the work Murdy and his team have done with the costuming, makeup and other similar areas.

First John gave an overview of this year's show and prepared us for what we were about to see.

Once inside one of the Globe Theatre ballrooms, we were greeted by several costumes and work stations where makeup artists and others were putting the final touches on prosthetics, wigs, masks and costumes. Each station was manned by an artist who was actually finishing pieces and was happy to answer questions.

In the center of the room were the costumes. Some we have seen before (ie characters from returning scare zones and mazes) but most were new.

Oldies:
    The Ringmaster Clownz SZ (my personal favorite and Fishbulb worst nightmare)

Zobo the Clown Klownz SZ

Living Corpse Ho1C

Newbies:
    Client w/ Helmet Hostel

"Frozen Look" The Thing

Crazy Cannibal 2 TT

Moaning Woman La Llorona

Sick Things Alice Cooper

On to the stations.

The first station was dedicated to the numerous wigs used during the event. The artist at the station was styling several of the wigs during the event.

Concept art of an AC character and the real world wig.

The next station was dedicated to prosthetic pieces. Each piece is custom made and is hand painted. No two pieces are ever alike.

The next stations was all about masks. The artist was working on the teeth of the wolfman. If I remember correctly, she said she had to do nine sets. Again, by hand.

The fangs through their various stages from sculpting to final painting.

The finished mask.

Other friends at the station...

The next 4 stations were dedicated to single character from different mazes as we watch them transform from a normal human being to something only someone as sick and twisted a John Murdy could create.

First up was Executioner Alice from the Alice Cooper Maze. Normally this character would be on stilts and just reach 8' tall.

Next was a TT victim

Followed by an old friend

Last was La Llorona, herself. Because she is a main character and an HHN icon, I'll only post the final product if everyone is ok with it.

Another great thing was an area near the costumes where an artist transformed regular clothing into something completely creepy.

Each station also featured concept artist, many of which unreleased.

Last edited by F!an; 09-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.

• Minion

Oooooooooooooo please post the la lorona finished product I'm toooo excited now

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Wait a minuete.y is there a pig from saw in there

Loved the pictures! In the one with the prosthetics, I saw all the ones I've worn in my 3 years there (full face and neck pieces)!

• Minion

No idea about the Pig. Everything that was there was for this year's event so it'd the odd one out. Maybe it's going to be recycled somewhere.

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

I'll post the La Llorona final character tomorrow afternoon.

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Also, if you didn't notice, each of the character stations had the layout for the maze. If you want them, I have pics of them as well.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast