Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Re: USH HHN 2011 Official Line Up

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    This is my first year doing Universal. This will be my 12th tear doing Halloween in general though. Have done an even in San Diego for 11 years. So far I'm loving Universal. Everything is great and the people are very nice.
    Working at Universal is amazing. I'm sad that I retired. It's my Halloween family over there.

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    My pleasure.

Shouldn't have put your included your name and location on your MiceChat bio...

but yeah, if it wasn't for us employees posting on here, a lot of things will never get to the guests.

Be In The Know!
    ironicly, it was because i reposted the HHN killer deal nights via twitter/facebook AFTER it was posted on FB/Twitter. I fought it and won, but it was a scare (no pun intended)

• Minion

ok, I went to Carl's JR. any idea how this coupon works? I assume they just take it at the ticket booth and scan it. It says "only $41 with this coupon" but then at the bottom it say "Discount only apply to pre-purchased tickets prior to the day of the event" which doesn't make sense.

• Minion

wow what a great video F!an. cant even wait! i want a stabathon shirt!!!!!

• Minion

Review of USH HHN Employee Preview Night
    PART 1

First of all, I'm not posting pics so don't ask. Second, I'm not giving much info about maze content so, again, don't ask.

Main Entrance (Ghostface Killer living statue and go-go dancers):
    Pretty self explanatory. Go-go dancers this year were GFK's victims with near ear-to-ear slit throats.

New York Street (Klownz SZ):
    Awesome as always. I love me some killer clowns. The Ringmaster is by far my favorite character.

The Wolfman: The Curse of Talbot Hall (HoH)
    This maze had so much potential but IMO it fell short. Yes, there were plenty of good scares to go around, but the Wolfman theme is so shoehorned in, it makes it look awkward at times. I understand each year's overlay must fit in with the permanent theme and we must suspend disbelief but there were some scenes that stretched it to the breaking point (ie Chucky area, Mummy area, etc) This concept would make a decent attraction had it been a stand alone maze.

Terror Tram: Scream For Your Life
    Probably the best Terror Tram to date. Having a singular theme helped this year's TT soar over last year. The new mini maze in front of the Bates Motel was a nice addition.

La Llorona: Villa De Almas Perdidas (Shrek extended queue)
    This mazes up for last year's SZ 1000x's over. The detail that went in this maze is incredible and it starts at the facade with dirt and plants. This maze is the most disturbing out this year's line up but in a good way. Lots of good scares. The final scene will haunt you forever.

So who's going this weekend? I'm considering going Saturday..

• Banned User

I'm going Saturday!

Be prepared for sell out crowds. And make sure you visit Alice cooper.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'll be there for the Micechat event the following Friday, but I do look forward to everyone's opinion of the mazes and such.

• Future Imagineer

PART 1

First of all, I'm not posting pics so don't ask. Second, I'm not giving much info about maze content so, again, don't ask.

Pretty self explanatory. Go-go dancers this year were GFK's victims with near ear-to-ear slit throats.

Awesome as always. I love me some killer clowns. The Ringmaster is by far my favorite character.

This maze had so much potential but IMO it fell short. Yes, there were plenty of good scares to go around, but the Wolfman theme is so shoehorned in, it makes it look awkward at times. I understand each year's overlay must fit in with the permanent theme and we must suspend disbelief but there were some scenes that stretched it to the breaking point (ie Chucky area, Mummy area, etc) This concept would make a decent attraction had it been a stand alone maze.

Probably the best Terror Tram to date. Having a singular theme helped this year's TT soar over last year. The new mini maze in front of the Bates Motel was a nice addition.

This mazes up for last year's SZ 1000x's over. The detail that went in this maze is incredible and it starts at the facade with dirt and plants. This maze is the most disturbing out this year's line up but in a good way. Lots of good scares. The final scene will haunt you forever.
    Thanks for posting, I'm going this Friday. Do you know when the second part of your review will be up?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

PART 1

Yeah....i was sad when I heard Wolfman was just going to be an overlay....that maze needs to get more work on it next year BAD

Thank you for your review cant wait to hear about the Thing....and which maze was your favorite?

• Minion

Part 2

The Thing: Assimilation (WWA)Great maze. Numerous variations of the creature and puppetry throughout. I want to see this movie now. My only complaint is the temperature. We were promised a cold/chilled maze (it's set in Antarctica after all) via HVAC units but the temperature was uneven. The rooms were room temp and you'd only get a blast of cold air when you walked under a vent.

House of 1000 Corpses (T2:3D extended queue)
    Same as last year but still just as fun. The "3D" is disorienting almost as if you spun yourself in a circle 100 times before going in a maze.

Freakz SZ (French Street)
    Same as last year. Filled with disgustingly awesome out of work circus freaks and pieces from Universal movie history. Some of the gypsy wagons used in this SZ were used in Universal silent horror films of the the silent film era.

Zombieville SZ (Baker Street)
    New this year. Just like every other SZ at any haunt but zombie themed. Reminded me of The Walking Dead just as the zombies start to take over.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Castle Theater)
    Last year's show was better. There was an understandable plot, recognizable characters and all around fun but this year the show felt like it was on the back burner for a while so there wasn't enough time to hammer out the details. This year's show lacked the pyrotechnics feature heavily last year but there were some new effects used this year such as lasers, multiple fire cannons and neat carbon dioxide bubbles that turned into smoke when the bubble popped. The shows on Employee Preview Night were the first performances but B&T is a very versatile show and can change night to night so there's hope some changes can be made.

Part 3 (Lower Lot) around noon.

---------- Post added 09-22-2011 at 01:22 AM ----------

If you have any questions, ask. I'll answer what I can.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Darn......I hope they can tighten up the show cause thats one of my favorite parts about HHNs......but like you said they CAN change it since last year when I saw it night one it had another scene that was taken out the other 3 nights I went (and it was a good thing to cut)

Hope you liked Alice Cooper F!an. =)