October 1,7, 8,9, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

All Friday and Saturday Nights
    Sept 23, 24, 30
    Oct 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
    7-2 am

All Thursday and Sunday Nights, Halloween Night
    Oct 9, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30, 31
    7-1 am

Just to keep things organized, let's keep all the USH HHN maze and scare zone reveals in one thread. The OP will be updated as press releases go out.

Shows
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. Location: Castle Theater

Mazes
    The Thing: Assimilation. Location: Wild West Arena Code Name: GV Black
    'The Thing' coming to Universal - Entertainment News, Top News, Media - Variety

"The Thing" is creeping its way into Universal's theme parks in time for Halloween.
    The upcoming thriller will be adapted as a maze for the company's Halloween Horror Nights event at both the Hollywood and Orlando parks.

Although both parks feature Horror Nights, they typically don't share the same mazes. But "The Thing" is one of Universal's higher-profile releases this fall, and the studio has been increasingly eyeing the Horror Nights franchise as a way to promote its thrillers that bow around Halloween, considering the crowds it draws each year.

"The Thing" is a reboot of 's 1982 original, in which a group of researchers in an abandoned scientific research facility in Antarctica find themselves infected by an alien creature that can transform itself into an exact replica of any living being.

Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season. Location: Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride extended queue Code Name: 3DN
    Universal Studios Hollywood Presents "Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season," a Terrifying New Horror Maze at "Halloween Horror Nights" - Yahoo! Finance

Eli Roth, the multi-talented director, writer, producer and actor, will adapt his enormously successful "Hostel" film franchise to create "Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season," a twisted new "Halloween Horror Nights® maze at Universal Studios Hollywood(SM). The event begins on September 23 and continues on select nights through October 31.

"Hostel: Hunting Season," for which Universal will build elaborate sets re-creating locations in Slovakia, will mark the horror auteur and star's first effort at transforming his screen work into a live theme park experience. The maze will re-imagine the film's dehumanizing torture chambers and send guests on a spiraling journey through the corrupt halls of Elite Hunting's torture factory. Elite Hunting, a secret society that tortures and kills American youth for sport in exchange for large sums of money, will prowl the factory and prey on its many maze visitors.

Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare. Location: Jurassic Park: The Ride extended queue Code Name: Steven
    Rock-Horror Icon Alice Cooper Teams With Universal Studios Hollywood to Present "Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare," a Shocking New Maze Premiering at "Halloween Horror Nights" - MarketWatch

The legendary Alice Cooper, who single-handedly masterminded the rock-horror genre, will spin a new collection of disturbing horror imagery in "Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare," an outrageous new "Halloween Horror Nights®" maze at Universal Studios Hollywood(SM). The event begins on September 23 and continues on select nights through October 31.

Inspired by the rock icon's landmark concept album and its long-awaited sequel "Welcome 2 My Nightmare," to be released on September 13 through Universal Music Enterprises," the new attraction will take guests on a terrifying trip through Alice Cooper's twisted mind, where his most famous songs, bizarre themes and demented characters collide inside a living horror movie.

This original, one-of-a-kind walk through experience will feature trademark elements from Alice Cooper's celebrated shows, including guillotine decapitations, electric chairs, a sadistic insane asylum, predatory snake and giant Black Widow spiders that have helped make his imagery timeless and indelible. Music will be a powerful element within the maze and will include both new and classic Alice Cooper material.

Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses Location: Terminator 2:3D extended queue Code Name: Bunny Gibbons
    Rob Zombie's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
    Get ready to scream because it's back! HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES the maze in 3D returns this HALLOWEEN to UNIVERSAL'S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS!

Last year's maze was voted #1 by you as the highest rated maze of the Halloween season so it is back! HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES the MAZE opens SEPTEMBER 23rd and runs through OCTOBER 31st. This one not to be missed.

The Wolfman: The Curse of Talbot Hall Location: House of Horrors Code Name: Trivia

La Llorona: Villa De Almas Perdidas imagined by Diego Luna Location: Shrek 4D extended queue Code Name: Soap Opera

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/46859/exclusive-concept-art-halloween-horror-nights-la-llorona-villa-de-almas-perdidas-maze

La Llorona, the fearful story of melancholy and murder that has terrified Mexican and Latin American children for generations, is coming to life at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood with its new terror-filled maze La Llorona: Villa De Almas Perdidas, with the help of Mexican-based film star Diego Luna serving as a creative consultant!
    The new maze will tell the haunting story of “La Llorona,” doomed to wander the earth forever after drowning her children in a desperate attempt to win a lost love. She then drowns herself when this attempt to win her lost love fails. According to the legend, La Llorona’s dreadful, wailing cries—“My children! Where are my children?”—can be heard eternally piercing the night. La Llorona’s frail, drenched body lurking throughout the dead of night will invariably elicit unwavering dread from the helpless village inhabitants or maze guests as her presence signifies impending death.
    Luna is especially excited for this maze because he grew up with the story of La Llorona. He said, “Story-telling is at the heart of all my work and I’m thrilled to have the chance to help present the great La Llorona legend in a different kind of medium at the Halloween Horror Nights event.”

Diego Luna began his acting career before age 12 and came to international attention with his performance in the award-winning film, Y Tu Mamá También. Since then, he has shown tremendous versatility as an actor, writer, producer and director. He was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild award for his role in Universal Picture’s critically-acclaimed, award-winning film Milk, served as executive producer of the gritty and much-praised drama Sin Nombre, and recently won Mexico’s prestigious Silver Ariel Award for co-writing the movie Abel, which he also directed. Diego Luna is currently filming Elysium, starring opposite Matt Damon and Jodie Foster. He’ll soon be seen opposite Will Ferrell in the comedy, Casa De Mi Padre, and in the thriller, Contraband, opposite Mark Wahlberg and Kate Beckinsale.

Scare Zones

Scream Location: Main Entrance
    The infamous Ghostface Killer from Scream 4 is on the loose and may be right behind you -- ready to strike with his razor-sharp blade!
    Will feature a Ghostface Killer Living Statue and Go-Go dancers

Zombieville Location: Baker Street
    Feel your stomach churn as you encounter a decaying English village, ravaged by the walking dead. Breathe in the foul stench of decay as the corpses of butchers, barbers, and yes—even senior citizens, reawaken in search of satiating their hunger for human flesh.
    The Reapers Location: Lower Lot
    The Grim Reaper and his evil minions of death have been unleashed upon the Earth, equipped with mutilating chainsaws. There's nowhere to run or hide; death lurks around every corner!
    Klownz Location: New York Street
    Murder and mayhem reign as an ultra-violent gang of clowns take over "The Big Apple." These psycho circus rejects are armed to the teeth and hell bent on destruction…yours! Now that the Klownz have come to town, the city will never be the same again!
    Freakz Location: Paris Street
    A renegade band of out of work sideshow performers have set up camp on the smoke-choked streets of Paris. With the Freak Shows shut down and food in short supply, the Freakz have developed a taste for human flesh! If you venture into their camp after dark, you may not make it out alive!
    Terror Tram
    "Terror Tram: SCREAM FOR YOUR LIFE"

New "Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life" Experience at Universal... -- UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

"Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life," based on the latest installment of Wes Craven's "Scream" film series, will unleash the iconic "Ghostface Killer" on the world-famous backlot during Halloween Horror Nights® at Universal Studios Hollywood(SM).
    Mirroring the "Scream 4" film concept of a "movie-within-a-movie" theme, the "Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life" experience will introduce guests to the fictional "Stab" slasher film franchise and beckon them to visit the production of "Stab 8," currently "shooting on location on the backlot."The fantasy world of the movie collides with reality when aboard "Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life" guests are transported through Universal's famed backlot—-the heart of the world's most famous horror moviemaking studio—and find themselves being stalked by one of the most dangerous slashers in horror history: Ghostface.

"Terror Tram: Scream 4 Your Life" casts guests as victims in this living horror film and elevates the "Halloween Horror Nights" experience to astounding new levels of blood-curdling realism.
    "Today Universal announced 4 new horror films are shooting on the backlot, including “Stab 8” the latest sequel in the popular film series. Eager to capitalize on this publicity bonanza, the theme park has started letting tourists on the Universal Studio Tour visit the production. With thousands of tourists rolling past the set every day, pretty much anyone with a cell phone has been given access to the production. A barrage of unauthorized photos & unsettling rumors about the troubled production have been lighting up blogs & chat rooms across the web. The most damaging of these leaks is a homemade video purporting to show “Ghostface” attacking and killing tourists on the Universal tram! No one seems to know whether these videos are a clever viral publicity stunt or the real deal. Despite all the negative press, USH is still moving forward w/ plans to host “Stab-a-Thon,” a Stab movie fan fest on the Universal backlot. "Stab-a-Thon" will take place during the theme park’s popular seasonal event Halloween Horror Nights."

Stab 8 is one of FOUR Horror movies filming on the Universal backlot....more to come....
    Last edited by F!an; 09-07-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: update

Re: USH HHN 2011 Official Line Up

wow did not see that one coming!!!!!!
    well murdy will stomped it anyways

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

isn't it interesting how Variety screwed up their article about the maze by saying it the original was done by Roger Corman? Horror fans should know The Thing is one of John Carpenters finest films.

and on a side note, as co-owner/tweeter of @IsItOctoberYet, i can't wait to see what prize we've won....i hope we get our DM soon!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    isn't it interesting how Variety screwed up their article about the maze by saying it the original was done by Roger Corman? Horror fans should know The Thing is one of John Carpenters finest films.

and on a side note, as co-owner/tweeter of @IsItOctoberYet, i can't wait to see what prize we've won....i hope we get our DM soon!
    Congrats!

---------- Post added 07-19-2011 at 08:25 AM ----------

Also, it's interesting USH and USO will both be getting a "The Thing" maze this year but they'll be completely different.
    Last edited by F!an; 07-19-2011 at 07:25 AM.

It will be a great addition to the park for sure.
    Can't wait to see what it's going to be like in person.
    And where they are going to put it.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

OFFICIAL NEWS:
    The Thing: Assimilation will be in the Wild Wild Wild West Arena.
    The maze WILL be cold and they will be using all of the HVAC units for it.
    The facade will be the snowy front of the outpost
    (all from Murdy's Twitter)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^sounds pretty cool...the movie looks....meh but I think a maze will be fun. So my guess is Scream and Hostel will be two of the other 5 mazes and Hous of Horrors will be another original Maze

Wow, its only July and this thread has got me EXCITED about HHN!! Cant wait to get my front of the line pass and stroll on in!!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well with the rumors that it will start even earlier this year and more mazes will be there...they need to start announcing stuff from the end of July-September to get all the info out there

• Hello Dolly.

Can't wait to hear more info. The Thing sounds gets me excited. and the usual NoMatterWhatTheyThemeIt,ItWillBetheSame House of Horrors is of course typical. Hoping the next announcements are great as well. I've never seen Hostel heard that's a rumored maze. Seen the second one though, ehh.
    I really hope they put another show though but I'm not really counting on it =/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    OFFICIAL NEWS:
    The Thing: Assimilation will be in the Wild Wild Wild West Arena.
    The maze WILL be cold and they will be using all of the HVAC units for it.
    The facade will be the snowy front of the outpost
    (all from Murdy's Twitter)
    i'm SO glad that the maze will be cold, The Thing maze at HHN Orlando in 2007 wasn't cold at all and that was a bit of a distraction from the themeing imho
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^well with the rumors that it will start even earlier this year and more mazes will be there...they need to start announcing stuff from the end of July-September to get all the info out there
    The article in the OP states HHN starts September 23 although idk if it means both parks or just Orlando which has already announced its dates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

I have a feeling it'll be the 23, that's the same start date as Haunt at Knott's and Universal's obviously stepping up the competition
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    I have a feeling it'll be the 23, that's the same start date as Haunt at Knott's and Universal's obviously stepping up the competition
    I think they might do the 23rd as well. But still not sure yet, im sure in 3/4 weeks they will release some more information on dates.

• Banned User

Screw Halloween, it's ALL about...

(Universal Studios Hollywood related)

I told you guys it was coming Spring 2012 =}~
    At the cost of $250 million, ya, your getting more then an E-ticket ride! Like the Potter ride, there's a weight restriction! Sorry.

Another angle...
    Last edited by JMora; 07-21-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast