• Banned User

Question Anyone ever see Desperate Housewives filming during Studio Tour?? (Hollywood)

Just got an AP to this park and I love this show, so I was wondering if the tour ever actually drives by when they're filming. Anyone know?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Anyone ever see Desperate Housewives filming during Studio Tour?? (Hollywood)

Nope, and from what I've heard, never.
    Since you would actually have to turn onto the street, there's no actual way of even seeing what they're doing while they're filming either.
    You're just asked to keep quiet for about 15 seconds as you pass the street. But since the street goes in, then curves and THEN there's Colonial Street, on top of there being a bunch of crew vans and such, you don't see a dang thing.
    Only time you go down that street is when there's absolutely no filming going on. You'll see some prop cars parked at the houses, but that's it.

• Banned User

Re: Anyone ever see Desperate Housewives filming during Studio Tour?? (Hollywood)

Oh ok. So they won't go down at all if there's filming. Got it, thanks.

Yeah, it's a bummer. You may catch a glimpse of one of the ladies in a golf cart going around though haha

• Banned User

Though when filming is on "lunch break," draw of your luck, sometimes the tram get's the OK to drive in Wisteria Lane but you mostly see the crew gearing up for the next scene and/or eating lunch but the actors are off somewhere.

I jumped ship on this show 2 years ago, and I thought Vanessa Williams would make things better, sadly her role isn't major to make much of dent much less interesting.

BUT... Susan Lucci is coming wisteria lane =}
    Susan Lucci hints at Desperate Housewives role

Written by Edward De Ritter Wednesday, 06 July 2011 13:12

Susan Lucci has hinted she is in talks to join the cast of Desperate Housewives when ABC soap All My Children ends.

The actress plays diva Erica Kane, an original cast member, on All My Children but the soap has been cancelled by ABC and is due to end in September. Since the news of the soaps' cancellation broke there have been several reports claiming Lucci would join the cast of ABC's prime-time drama Desperate Housewives. Now the actress herself has given the strongest indication yet that such talks are happening.

"Talking, listening, and we'll see," she said. "There's been a lot of talking. But we'll see. It's a show I like very much, of course. The cast is amazing, [Marc Cherry is amazing." - Susan Lucci speaking to Access Hollywood.

When reports originally broke claiming Lucci was to join the cast they were denied. The reports have continued since though with several subsequent stories claiming the actress would make the move from Pine Valley to Wisteria Lane.
    Source: Susan Lucci hints at Desperate Housewives role
    Last edited by JMora; 07-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.

• Minion

When you're on the Studio Tour while they're filming on Colonial Street, the quiet zones are typically Square of Warriors, Little Europe, the area surrounding Earthquake and Amity Island.

anyone ever go during the week, just to look at the Filming that takes places on the lot? seems like during the week there would be more activity?

• Professional Lurker

A few times when I was on the tram during the week they had just wrapped for the day or were just on break and the tram went down there, it was interesting to see inside of the homes (as the doors were left open in both cases) and see that they were fully furnished. As JMora said though,
    the only ones around were crew, the cast were apparently long gone by the time the tram arrived.

That said, I'm not a fan of this show, and preferred the look of the old Munsters home and other historic Universal homes.

If you're looking to see stars while on the tram, the best time in my experience is the day before and the day of the MTV Movie Awards. I've been three years in a row during this timeframe and have always seen multiple stars in the backlots in cars, golf carts, and wandering the streets.

One question to the Universal fans here... There's another, smaller, road leading to another neighborhood of homes before Westeria Ln... anyone ever been down that road or know what those homes would be for/from?

---------- Post added 08-03-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    anyone ever go during the week, just to look at the Filming that takes places on the lot? seems like during the week there would be more activity?
    I've found that during the week there is usually a lot of activity. You can usually see lots of film schools and comercials being shot, but the TV shows and Movies being filmed are usually too far away to see well, or completely off limits to the trams. I used to go multiple times a month but lately have been going one a month or less. Other than during the day before and day of the MTV Movie Awards I have never seen a star on the tram tour. Also, if you go early in the morning you'll sometimes catch sight of some of the deer they have all the warning signs for.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendscoot View Post

One question to the Universal fans here... There's another, smaller, road leading to another neighborhood of homes before Westeria Ln... anyone ever been down that road or know what those homes would be for/from?[COLOR="#8b0000"]
    I believe it's called Elm Street and I believe it was fully redone for the Hulk film back in 2002. It can also be seen in Hancock. Actually, let me find a link.

the studiotour.com - Universal Studios Hollywood - Elm Street

Apparently, it was originally created for To Kill a Mockingbird and like I said, fully redone for the Hulk

Does anyone know if the closed set sign is always out there, even when they're not filming? I went back in May and we got to go down the street on the tour. However, the closed set sign was out and there was a security guard chilling out in front of the yellow house when you first make the turn onto the street. Though there was nothing else out on the street.

• Professional Lurker

The closed set sign is always out, even when filming is not taking place. The security guard is always there as well... I guess they're worried about someone jumping out of the tram or messing with the set (likely due to the fact that the houses are furnished and the cars all real).