Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Tram Tour- Hollywood

It's kinda sad, if they skip little europe and parting of the red sea area, just to save time. The tram tour is THE attraction that defines Universal Studios Hollywood. ~ hahahaha one time, a tram I was on got stuck in the "red sea" area!

OR they could be fliming over in that area?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    OR they could be fliming over in that area?
    Yeah people seem to forget the Studio Tour is running through an active movie studio and the tours can vary day to day even tram to tram.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Yeah people seem to forget the Studio Tour is running through an active movie studio and the tours can vary day to day even tram to tram.
    If that's the case, the tour guide will usually mention something about filming going on in that portion, rather than not mention it at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    If that's the case, the tour guide will usually mention something about filming going on in that portion, rather than not mention it at all.
    Typically the only time a tour guide mentions a production is when you have to drive past it and/or you enter a quite zone. If a production is large enough to reroute the tram to avoid an area, it usually doesn't get talked about.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 12:42 PM ----------

In my experiences at least.

• Theme Park Insider

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Typically the only time a tour guide mentions a production is when you have to drive past it and/or you enter a quite zone. If a production is large enough to reroute the tram to avoid an area, it usually doesn't get talked about.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 12:42 PM ----------

In my experiences at least.
    Yep. I used to be a tram tour guide, and there were many times where if it was a BIG movie, we were actually told not to mention it AT ALL and hope the people didn't ask (silly, right?) When War of the Worlds was filming and that flaming plane wreckage had just appeared, I actually had to stay silent and try to get the guests to look at the lake instead. Crazy! It was super top secret at the time. I have all sorts of stories about that one!

As far as the parting of the seas and Mummy, that is usually the first thing to get skipped on a busy day (or lately even on slow days). The last few times I've gone, they've just had the sea already parted. This is both to showcase the Kong mini sets (parting the sea doesn't make much sense with those) and to prevent tram backups. Being stuck at that little park/Back to the Future Lyons entrance was always one of the guides' worst nightmares, because there's really only so much you can talk about there before you run out of material. We all hated getting "stalled" there, haha! And Mummy tends to create a similar backup, but that may just be down right now for repairs or something...they don't really repair things often; things tend to just sit broken for a looong time.

I also noticed that the trams seem to be skipping a lot of Little Europe, too, which is kind of sad. I loved that area; there were a ton of stories to tell around there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12