View Poll Results: Best maze of the year?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall

0 0%
  • The Thing: Assimilation

5 20.83%
  • La Llorona: Villa De Almas Perdidas

13 54.17%
  • House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D Zombievision

0 0%
  • Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare

4 16.67%
  • Hostel: Hunting Season

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

USH HHN Maze of the Year!

Since a good majority of micechatters will be descending upon Universal Studios tomorrow night, I thought it would be a good time to put up the poll for "maze of the year." Debate amongst one another on your choices!

Me, personally, La Llorona is EASILY the best maze this year with The Thing in second place, Hostel after, Alice Cooper closely behind and The Wolfman dead last as not only the worst HoH overlay, but IMO, the worst maze HHN has done post-hiatus. Didn't bother to do HOTC again since I'd rather watch the Bill and Ted show.

• Minion

Re: USH HHN Maze of the Year!

1 La Llorona (by a landslide)
    2 The Thing
    3 Hostel (tie)
    3 Alice Cooper (tie)
    5 HoTC (only because it's a repeat)
    6 Wolfman

• Circle of Ancients

I'll tell you tomorrow.

I was stoked for Wolfman until I realized it's in the House of Horrors spot. They just need to stop trying to put stuff there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

1 La Llorona (really surprised......it had soo much detail)
    2 The Thing (I liked it....wish it was colder but a good maze)
    3) Terror Tram (I thought Ghost Face was used more then enough)
    4)Alice Cooper (not as good as I thought i would be but still fun)
    Hostel (as much as I like the Saw movies better this maze was better and I liked the Dogs at the end)
    5 House of 1,000 Corpses (a good maze but just not as good as last year since its not new)
    6 Wolfman (they did a good job with what they had MUCH better than last year and the year before that but still would have liked to see a full NEW wolfman maze)

• Circle of Ancients

I pretty much have to agree with what everybody else has said. Although La Llorna and The Thing are really close at #1 and #2.

1) La Llorona
    2) The Thing (VERY close)
    3) Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare (tie)
    3) Hostel (tie ... this was SO much better than any of the previous Saw mazes)
    4) Terror Tram (It was good, but the lack of fire in WotW sucked)
    5) Rob Zombie: House of 1,000 Corpses (nowhere near as good as last year)
    6) Wolfman (this was probably the best of the mazes they've done in this spot, but as always it's the weak link)

I also thought Bill and Ted was REALLY bad this year. Other than the hot dancing chicks, it was meh' ...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

for me it was
    1- La Llorona---easily, this house is the best thing i've seen at HHN since its return (i'm still super partial to the Buffy maze they did back in 2000)
    2. Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare---just wish the music had been louder and more discernable
    3. The Thing/Hostel-- both were great, but the top two beat them out
    4. House of 1k Corpses---loved it last year, loved it this year, didn't think the Otis and Baby scareactors were as strong as last years tho
    5. Terror Tram--- still kinda meh, but WAY better than the Chucky debacle last year
    6. Wolfman--- meh
    and lastly i agree with Clinks, found the Bill and Ted show to be super super lacking...and not very timely...like they wrote it mid summer and just ran with that
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Glad to see that everyone is loving La Llorona this year. It seems that it'll be the sure winner this year and will probably convince Universal to do more original mazes (but hopefully keep the movie mazes, I still love those!)

• Future Cast Member

How does la llorona end? I keep hearing about it but no one will tell how it ended!

If you intend on attending; I highly recommend finding out for yourself as it's a shocker.

If you don't intend on attending: I recommend looking up sharpproductions on youtube and finding the video of it (they have all the mazes in HD and in nightvision).

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    How does la llorona end? I keep hearing about it but no one will tell how it ended!
    I posted the video of La Llorona on my other thread, but Universal and NBC took down all my mazes and the Bill and Ted show due to copyright. Grrrrrr.

If you want to see how the ending looks like type "la llorona universal" on Youtube and you will see it. Check it out asap because all their videos of the mazes will be removed soon.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Future Cast Member

I didn't understand the ending much. Was it basically just
    Spoiler
    the girl getting eaten on the bed?

There's some versions of the La Llorona story where she [SPOILERS!] eats her own children and/or other children. The way I see it though, is the maze is like a story being told to children. While you're in the queue, you're being told the story and it seems very bedtime story like. So I assume that we're/the children are told the story and in the maze, we encounter La Llorona. And as the story goes, if you hear her cries, you're marked for death. Then at the end, we/the children are eaten by La Llorona herself after we had heard the story and encountered her.
    That's probably not the literal version of what the maze is but that's how I interpreted it and the only way I can think of how that scene fits. If that scene weren't in there, I would just think it's about the story of how La Llorona came to be and then how she haunts, with one of the ways being she eats kids. It's very complex actually which is another reason why this maze is brilliant. There's no straight answer but any version you come up with in your head still makes sense.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm in the La Llarona corner too. So creepy, so well done. I was blown away.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    There's some versions of the La Llorona story where she [SPOILERS!] eats her own children and/or other children. The way I see it though, is the maze is like a story being told to children. While you're in the queue, you're being told the story and it seems very bedtime story like. So I assume that we're/the children are told the story and in the maze, we encounter La Llorona. And as the story goes, if you hear her cries, you're marked for death. Then at the end, we/the children are eaten by La Llorona herself after we had heard the story and encountered her.
    That's probably not the literal version of what the maze is but that's how I interpreted it and the only way I can think of how that scene fits. If that scene weren't in there, I would just think it's about the story of how La Llorona came to be and then how she haunts, with one of the ways being she eats kids. It's very complex actually which is another reason why this maze is brilliant. There's no straight answer but any version you come up with in your head still makes sense.
    Wow, that's really interesting, that would make sense. I don't plan on attending but I love hearing about these events and seeing videos. I get afraid of things jumping out at me so I'd be afraid of being there and experiencing it, but I don't mind seeing it and seeing pictures and videos. One year I'll probably end up going to either Universal or Knott's or both, but right now I'm more into the behind the scenes and story aspects of things than actually experiencing jumpy aspects of mazes in person. I would even pay if Universal sold video walkthroughs. They should, since they keep taking videos on Youtube down.

The Thing is what set it off for me. I attended the Micechat event and kept my eyes closed most of the time thru the maze. The ScareActors did a great job and most of the time, I couldnt tell if they were actors or animatronics.

La Llarona was also incredible. Beautiful design and art direction. i hope that USH continues to go the route of original story(much like USF who dont seem to have any movie based properties this year- i would love to see the Poe based maze they have this year)

Alice Cooper's Welcome to my Nightmare was also great. If you plan to hit USH this year, those 3 are on the top of the list.

Big thanks to Dusty and Fishbulb for putting it together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast