Went to USH today..

Went this morning.... I haven't been to Horror Nights this year yet.. on NY street in the backlot, it is closed to the tram and dressed as a partial war zone. Theres a HUGE American flag hanging from a building, debris everywhere. Is the tram going through this area for horror nights, or is this dressed for a movie? Also, they are building a HUGE outdoor stage and theater in Falls Lake for the Scream Awards. Very cool.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Went to USH today..

They do not go down NY Street. Must be for a movie!
    And very odd to be using Falls Lake for an award show with the Gibson right there...

Here's 2 photos I took today of NY street. I really thought this had something to do with Horror Nights, as it just didnt have that feel of a big production. The set was dressed, but the usual production trucks etc. weren't around. Even the props seemed kind of cheap like they used whatever was laying around. The tram guide didn't give out any clues as to what it was for.

And this is the setup on Falls Lake that they say is for the Scream Awards:

The very, very, very first Halloween Horror Nights used the entire backlot during the tram tour. You did Battle of Galactica and then after pulling out of the show building, the tram stopped overlooking the front lot. A guest stood up and started taking pictures. The guide told the guest over and over to sit down but they wouldn't. Suddenly, monster came out of the bushes and pulled the 'guest' out of the tram!

The tour continued with a police roadblock set-up near the soundstages numbered in the 40's warning of a madman on the loose. You then traveled through New York Street where a riot was taking place. A guy was on the marquee of the theatre throwing pumpkins onto the street. You did King Kong and then the Collapsing Bridge. This time, a 'body' was strung from the girders and would slam into the plexiglass of the front of each car.

The flood was next and then in Six Points Texas a guy would have his arms yanked off by a tractor. During the Parting of the Red Sea, the Creature from the Black Lagoon lunged at guests. The Court of Miracles was setup with Frankenstein being harassed by villagers.

Jaws was next and then up the hill you went. The whorehouse from the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas was taken over by witches. You then passed by the Bates Motel and went BEHIND the motel where Norman attacked the tram dressed as mother. The avalanche tunnel was last.

Just before you disembarked, the madman on the loose was standing on top of trams in their maintenance yard with a chainsaw.

I remember a lot of it like it was yesterday!!

The rumor is that the event did not continue because an actor was dragged by the tram and died. Possibly during the gag on the hill after Battle of Galactica. Nothing really comes up when you Google it...
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My guess is the Lincoln Zombie Movie...makes sense but i could be wrong

Thanks for that detailed description GapToothed. Sheesh, that sounds so freakin' epic, my mind probably would've melted from excitement if they did stuff like that today.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    The very, very, very first Halloween Horror Nights used the entire backlot during the tram tour. You did Battle of Galactica and then after pulling out of the show building, the tram stopped overlooking the front lot. A guest stood up and started taking pictures. The guide told the guest over and over to sit down but they wouldn't. Suddenly, monster came out of the bushes and pulled the 'guest' out of the tram!

The tour continued with a police roadblock set-up near the soundstages numbered in the 40's warning of a madman on the loose. You then traveled through New York Street where a riot was taking place. A guy was on the marquee of the theatre throwing pumpkins onto the street. You did King Kong and then the Collapsing Bridge. This time, a 'body' was strung from the girders and would slam into the plexiglass of the front of each car.

The flood was next and then in Six Points Texas a guy would have his arms yanked off by a tractor. During the Parting of the Red Sea, the Creature from the Black Lagoon lunged at guests. The Court of Miracles was setup with Frankenstein being harassed by villagers.

Jaws was next and then up the hill you went. The whorehouse from the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas was taken over by witches. You then passed by the Bates Motel and went BEHIND the motel where Norman attacked the tram dressed as mother. The avalanche tunnel was last.

Just before you disembarked, the madman on the loose was standing on top of trams in their maintenance yard with a chainsaw.

I remember a lot of it like it was yesterday!!

The rumor is that the event did not continue because an actor was dragged by the tram and died. Possibly during the gag on the hill after Battle of Galactica. Nothing really comes up when you Google it...
    A scareactor slipped while lunging at a moving tram and was run over. I don't recall exactly where it happened but I think you might be right.

• Minion

The production using the metro sets was Call of Duty.

A commercial for the game?

• Minion

Probably. In any case, production has wrapped and the set is being dismantled.

Thanks F!an! I knew you would have the answer!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    Thanks F!an! I knew you would have the answer!
    One of the perks of not having a life

I took some pics from the tram on Monday while they were striking the set

Just came across the commercial..pretty cool..
    Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - The Vet & The n00b - YouTube

Is that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in the ad, and is this also some sort of tie-in with the "21 Jump Street" movie?

That's Sam Worthington, of Avatar and Terminator: Salvation fame.