Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: HHN hollywood 2012 wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    And with Transformers filling up the Backdraft queue, where do you suppose the queue for Hostel will go? It's a dead end down there no matter what and there won't be anymore space, it's just something we have to realize :-/ They can't have it zig zag down the street either because there needs to be an entry way for Transformers along with an exit way, and an entry way for Hostel, including an exit way, not to mention there's a sidewalk on both sides and if crowded, could cause some excessive tripping. I would say the street under the escalators and they could just reverse the facade but that's used as a handicap route for the vans.

If Trans uses the Mummy extended, no maze spot.
    If Trans uses the Backdraft queue, no queue for a maze in the Mummy extended.
    Can't put a maze in the Backdraft queue, once again, no queue area.

I'm sure they'll find a replacement maze area, maybe even down on the lower lot, but this spot will be gone next year. I'm almost 75% sure of it!
    We don't know how extensive the indoor queue is but yeah I agree the Backdraft queue isn't going to cut it. The only option I could think of is closing the Mummy during HHN and flipping the maze so the entrance/exit can be accessed by the Mummy queue.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^if they find a new spot that will almost make me madder too.....why the hell if they have more spots arn't they using them?

Knotts does 13...yes 13 mazes (and more rides are open) but Universal has only had 5-7 heck even Six Flags has 8 now
    Knotts also closes and dismantles attractions to put mazes in.

• Circle of Ancients

The thing with "No New Mazes" is eventually you are going to run out of ideas/intellectual property to draw from. I mean most horror movies these days are either remakes, rehashes or not scary because they just try and torture and gross you out.

The other fact is, Universal pays WAY too much money to use things like Rob Zombie, Saw, Alice Cooper only once.

While I don't think mazes need to last as long as some Haunt Mazes, I think 2-3 seasons is probably enough.

Or even maybe have a new maze, take a couple of years off and then bring it back after 3-4 years.

There are certainly some older Haunt mazes I'd LOVE to see brought back (Malice in Wunderland/Terrorvision as examples) and I'd LOVE to see the Halloween maze again at HHN.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I don't know the landscape of the area, but can they put 2 or 3 mazes along the Tram's route?

• Functional & Decorative

I've noticed the maze area on the tram area near the Bates Motel was taken down. Was it the congestion, noise complaints from neighbors, or was it just not working?

While I thought it was somewhat bare, it did help to increase the length of the route.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Minion

I noticed that last week as well. It either was removed for the reasons you stated or is being taken down after the last HHN night of the week and put back up before the the next HHN night to preserve the photo op.

• Banned User

^It was taken down after opening weekend because of crowd control.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I don't know the landscape of the area, but can they put 2 or 3 mazes along the Tram's route?
    Which part of the route are you talking about? Are you suggesting these mazes be a part of TT?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Which part of the route are you talking about? Are you suggesting these mazes be a part of TT?
    When going on the tram during regular season, it seems there is a lot of room. Could the tram maze be one where you get dropped off for a maze, get back on the tram and travel to another? All within the backlot?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

That personally sounds like a great idea to me and definitely could be pulled off but I can already see them saying no without much thought being put into it.

In all actuality, they should just take out the WOTW set (seriously, it's just a bunch of debris. Only the plane and the cut in half houses are impressive... everything in between though is just junk). Doing that would open up a HUGE field where you could house 4 or 5 GIANT under-the-tent mazes, probably the size of the T2 queue. It would almost be like a little carnival setting - - have vendors, porter potties and such for those who stay down there quite a while. Give people a 2 hour maximum (with help of a wristband before boarding the Terror Tram or something) since lines should be fairly short since capacity control can be handled FIRST HAND.

It would be ofcourse accessed after the Terror Tram and you can reboard the tram to go back up to the park.

However, the entire area will be gone and some condos will move in some time soon anyway and the Terror Tram will be forced to move (if the plan is still in effect).

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    We don't know how extensive the indoor queue is but yeah I agree the Backdraft queue isn't going to cut it. The only option I could think of is closing the Mummy during HHN and flipping the maze so the entrance/exit can be accessed by the Mummy queue.

Knotts also closes and dismantles attractions to put mazes in.
    Yeah but they still have MORE rides open...they close the Bumper cars not that big of a deal

If they want to charge the same price they need to find more space or I wont be going next year for like 3 new mazes

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    When going on the tram during regular season, it seems there is a lot of room. Could the tram maze be one where you get dropped off for a maze, get back on the tram and travel to another? All within the backlot?
    Short answer, no. Filming at the studio is a big hurdle and any area the tram travels through is a potential filming location. Just because the sun goes down it doesn't mean production stops. It'd be a logistical nightmare trying to create multiple load/unload areas throughout the back lot that can be relocated as needed and dealing with the noise pollution that'll affect filming in the surrounding areas.

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    That personally sounds like a great idea to me and definitely could be pulled off but I can already see them saying no without much thought being put into it.

In all actuality, they should just take out the WOTW set (seriously, it's just a bunch of debris. Only the plane and the cut in half houses are impressive... everything in between though is just junk). Doing that would open up a HUGE field where you could house 4 or 5 GIANT under-the-tent mazes, probably the size of the T2 queue. It would almost be like a little carnival setting - - have vendors, porter potties and such for those who stay down there quite a while. Give people a 2 hour maximum (with help of a wristband before boarding the Terror Tram or something) since lines should be fairly short since capacity control can be handled FIRST HAND.

It would be ofcourse accessed after the Terror Tram and you can reboard the tram to go back up to the park.

However, the entire area will be gone and some condos will move in some time soon anyway and the Terror Tram will be forced to move (if the plan is still in effect).
    It's all about the neighbors. If a bunch of stuck up rich people can shut down TT at 9pm on Thursdays and Sundays, imagine what they could do if mazes were put there. For perspective, Universal was flooded with complaints after the Scream Awards used falls lake for their award show. On a Saturday.

Yeah but they still have MORE rides open...they close the Bumper cars not that big of a deal

If they want to charge the same price they need to find more space or I wont be going next year for like 3 new mazes
    That's your decision. Personally I prefer quality over quantity. Universal puts out movie quality mazes with custom made prosthesis, masks, wigs, etc. You literally could take a HD movie camera and film a movie in the mazes. The attention to detail in each maze is incredible and should be the haunt standard.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yes the mazes are quite detailed but the Talent at Knotts to me anyway this year was much better......there were more people in the mazes....and less people at the parks meaning not just one long line going through mazes.

Its hard to be scared when the person in front of you just got jumped at......plus Universal also has the lights on too much to not see a lot of the actors. This is one of the reasons I also like the Tram because its outside and more places in the dark to hide.

• Minion

Another good theme for the terror tram?

And I was thinking,there have been alot of horror genre tv shows (The Walking Dead,American Horror Story,etc).Could this be the start of tv themed houses?

• Minion

American Horror Story

the walking dead

^yes the mazes are quite detailed but the Talent at Knotts to me anyway this year was much better......there were more people in the mazes....and less people at the parks meaning not just one long line going through mazes.

Its hard to be scared when the person in front of you just got jumped at......plus Universal also has the lights on too much to not see a lot of the actors. This is one of the reasons I also like the Tram because its outside and more places in the dark to hide.
    I don't think the talent at Knott's comes close to Universals. The two times I went this year only a select few were on their game providing a great show. Other than that I saw a lot of talking to show control, leaning against the walls not doing anything and in scare zones talking to one another about a "good scare" Again a hand full of great talent but thats about it. They need to train everyone more. Kinda sad. I was expecting the second time to Knott's to be a little better but in fact it was worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast