Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

HHN hollywood 2012 wishlist

Here's my wishlist for HHN 2012(i know its early but i cant wait )

mazes:
    ALIEN

Evil Dead

Insidious

The Hills Have Eyes

House of horrors:.........house of horrors -__- if you guys can think of anything that can fit do tell

Original Concept:Im not sure,I was thinking a mythology maze like Orlando but with Egyptian mythology or Medival folklore how about you guys

Terror Tram:Trick r Treat

random thought:anyone up for a 3D terror tram?i know it's far fetched but i would LOVE to see it happen

Rides:

The Mummy:Nothing changes

The simpsons ride-tree house of horror

Come on Uni,Make it happed.Random thought #2:they can make krustyland look like its holding its own halloween event like Halloween Spooky Nights or something

JP in the dark:
    Have nothing but fog ,strobes, and Red siren lights

Scare zones

Front gate:IDK

New York Street:I think the reapres would work way better here with the fire tower,go go's,and ringmaster stand (but instead have the grim reaper)

London street:American werewolf in London anyone?

French street:Gargoyles well its HHN so GargoyleZ

Western Street:IDK

Lower Lot:IDK

Finstones area:Marry the theme of Klownz and freakz and put it there but with some new scareactors

Thats all i got how 'bout you guys
    Last edited by imaginashton; 10-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: HHN hollywood 2012 wishlist

Alien = YES. If they can do The Thing, they certainly can do Alien now. Especially with Prometheus coming out next year, it'd be a good opportunity.

Evil Dead = YES. My all time favorite horror film with a remake on the way. I would love to see it based on the original, hopefully that happens but something tells me we'll only see one for the remake

Insidious = Eh. Pretty big hit and has major awareness right now. There's plenty of other things I'd like to see first though.

Hills Have Eyes = Eh. Kinda hard to do a maze on a movie that took place entirely during the day and outside but the monsters are creepy enough. I'm sure they can think of something.

Trick 'r Treat Terror Tram would be amazing but I'd love to see a maze on it also. Both would be amazing though as the backlot can be all decked out as if it's Halloween and we're trick or treaters or something and everything goes awry. Maybe a few Sam's but nothing too Trick 'r Treat related as I'd like to keep that for the maze itself but definitely have that be the theme of the video. 3D though? That's be interesting but I think they would need more control of their surroundings.

A lot can fit in the House of Horrors. Just gotta keep it simple and try not to shove something in there that doesn't remotely make sense (The Wolfman for example). Vampyre and Chucky both made sense for that location as they weren't trying to pass off as houses based on the movie like Wolfman was.

Treehouse of Horror Simpsons will never happen. It would be an entire project within itself and cost MILLIONS of dollars to make a new movie for it. However, it'd be nice if they did a new one with the intention of having it every Halloween for the next 10 years like the Haunted Mansion overlay or something but I doubt it. It'd require new hydraulic movements, new interior designs, etc.. Best bet would be Treehouse of Horrors clips on the TV screens in the queue with some light new interior decorations to spookify it more, which I'm not sure at all why they haven't done that yet. Kinda making me mad actually...

Jurassic Park SHOULD get some scareactors on there and scaring. No need to change anything that would make it different for daytime guests (which is the problem Murdy is having). Some guys with chainsaws or something loud to hold would be great in a spot every so often with some new fog and strobes.

Werewolf in London and Gargoyles sound like AWESOME ideas for scarezones. I would've never thought of the Gargoyles one so good job. I'd be very excited to see that.

As for my wishlist, aside from a few that you mentioned:
    A LEGIT Scream maze (it needs to be done justice, the TT is a travesty this year that has nothing to do with the movies)
    The Exorcist (Murdy says he has an idea for it so I'm curious how he'll do a maze where all the action is in one room)
    Paranormal Activity (I'd love to see if they can pull something like this off and actually make it scary even though I don't care for the movies)
    Poltergeist (Could be very creepy)
    TCM based on the new film coming out next year or the original series.
    Halloween, just because I think it deserves another year. Everything else got another year, sheesh!
    The Descent (one of the scariest movies of the last decade)
    The Ring (that haunting music and think... a closet scene! 0_0)
    The Grudge (Knotts did an amazing Grudge maze, I wonder what Uni can do!)
    Resident Evil (based off the games as it's more horror oriented and has more gothic enviroments)
    Jeepers Creepers (would love to go into the Creeper's lair)
    Something with zombies
    Something with more traditional aliens

• Minion

Paranormal Activity would be interesting but the demon has no phisical form which is why I didnt list

I would LOVE to see the Exorsist but he(John) said the rights r tricky

For the terror tram i was thinking the grinchmas set could be a halloween party or halloween world where Sam and some minions take over.

Another maze i would like to see is phantom of the opera but make it scarier like Orlando did with Dracula and Frankenstien.I think Hollywood should go all out like Orlando does.

Clips of the treehouse of horror on the tv screens would be just fine

mabye something Midevil (i know i didnt spell it right) can fit in the house of horrors

---------- Post added 10-15-2011 at 08:39 PM ----------

Scaractors on JP would be awsome maybe it can follow the storyline of Orlandos old JP scarezone.Or they can just have scientist dismantled and what not

also for the Mummy I was thinking They can have a mummy outside of the line and fog at the entrance to the inside queue,and at the exit where there are those 2 fake statues they can maybe dim the lights or ad spooky lighting so its like two mimi mazes and a ride

• Minion

Huplaa

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My guess is La Lorona will be back next year like HOTC was back this year.......but really what I want to See is MORE people in the mazes to me any way it just seems like Knotts this year had like 3 times the people Universal did and when there is someone behind EVERY corner at one point or anther you will get scared but for e this year Universal did amazing set work (as always) but just was not too scary to me......also the Scarezones just...well suck not once have they got me in the last 3 years I've gone

PA doesn't need the demon; it has Katie now who went buck wild at the end of the first film and sure as hell did at the end of part 2. My guess is more will be afoot in this third film, even though it's a prequel, I think in some way it'll tie in with present day. Basically, if they can do The Exorcist, they can do Paranormal Activity. Think of The Exorcist and it's mostly just scary noises in the house and things moving with a creepy looking girl in a room. Hm, sounds just like PA, right? Precisely! At the moment, if doing just the first two movies, there isn't enough material but come this Friday and we see what else is in store, I think there will be enough substance to do a good maze on it.

And my guess is Alice Cooper will be back next year. You can just tell that's Murdy's favorite right now. The Thing bombed at the box office so there's no chance of that sticking around. Nobody wants to see HOTC again and rumor has it that the Mummy queue used for Hostel will be needed for Transformers as an extended queue, so we may be losing a maze location.

And I totally agree about filling up the mazes with more talent. Universal REALLY needs to utilize their set scares and add some roaming scares. Because it absolutely sucks to get the tail end or miss a scare completely when going through a room. What about everyone else? A back up scareactor should be ready from behind with a shaker can just for good measure so everyone in the room at least gets a scare. Whoever figures out this method first (Knotts or Universal) will truly be the king of So Cal haunts in scare factor.

• Minion

Ooo,I didn't see the 2nd one.can you find a picture

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    PA doesn't need the demon; it has Katie now who went buck wild at the end of the first film and sure as hell did at the end of part 2. My guess is more will be afoot in this third film, even though it's a prequel, I think in some way it'll tie in with present day. Basically, if they can do The Exorcist, they can do Paranormal Activity. Think of The Exorcist and it's mostly just scary noises in the house and things moving with a creepy looking girl in a room. Hm, sounds just like PA, right? Precisely! At the moment, if doing just the first two movies, there isn't enough material but come this Friday and we see what else is in store, I think there will be enough substance to do a good maze on it.

And my guess is Alice Cooper will be back next year. You can just tell that's Murdy's favorite right now. The Thing bombed at the box office so there's no chance of that sticking around. Nobody wants to see HOTC again and rumor has it that the Mummy queue used for Hostel will be needed for Transformers as an extended queue, so we may be losing a maze location.

And I totally agree about filling up the mazes with more talent. Universal REALLY needs to utilize their set scares and add some roaming scares. Because it absolutely sucks to get the tail end or miss a scare completely when going through a room. What about everyone else? A back up scareactor should be ready from behind with a shaker can just for good measure so everyone in the room at least gets a scare. Whoever figures out this method first (Knotts or Universal) will truly be the king of So Cal haunts in scare factor.
    IF its true that we'll lose a maze for a ride that is open during the day I may not go.....I mean come on you can't just have 6 mazes when one of them is just a normal maze...and one other was from last year.......and to be honest the Tram is about the same every year too (as cool as it is to walk on sets)

So thats 2 new mazes? Heck even Knotts gets more new mazes than that every year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

my short wish list:

Evil Dead maze..for the love of gawd, please already!

Hellraiser street zone...need moar cenobites!

and i have to say i ADORE the idea of Trick 'R Treat on the TT, each vignette of the movie could be worked into the various locales of the walkway..would love to see it!

John told us on his behind the scenes tour with us that The Exorcist is the one movie he really really wants to do now, but he's not having any luck getting permission for it
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Circle of Ancients

MORE SHOWS!!!

I'm not a "show" person per-se, but Universal desperately needs to have more things for people to do.

Bring back Rocky Horror and "Slaughterworld".

As for JP ... I agree, don't need to really do any "decorations". The ride is false advertising. It's not JP "In the dark" it's just JP "At Night". Turn off all the lights, have the strobes, some scareactors (they do it at Knott's with no problem).

As for returning mazes, I think LL will come back, and I wouldn't be surprised if Alice Cooper did too. John had way too much fun with that maze this year for it to just be a one year thing.

As for House of Horrors, I actually thought Wolfman worked better than Chucky and Dracula, but it's still the weak link. Maybe they should stop trying to do this as a maze and just have it be a lights-on walk through or something?

Oh, and new writers for Bill and Ted. The hot chicks are great, but the show wasn't good.

i still think transformers will use the old backdraft queue as the extended.

• Banned User

Alright, here's what I want:

ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNING HAUNTED HOUSES. For Pete's sake, I'm sick of them doing this. HoTC only came back because people wanted it back really badly. Now everybody's favorites seem to be all over the place so I'm hoping nothing returns next year. If something HAS to return, I would say it should be Hostel since it would have all-new scenes if it happened.
    Not to contradict myself, but the only maze I wouldn't mind see return would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That is a good possibility since the sequel (NOT REMAKE) come out next October. Murdy said he would want it to be based on the original. FACT: Rob Zombie originally had some really cool original concept planned for the T2 queue, bur management shot it down and demanded that HoTC come back.

I want more original content. Have it half movie-based and half original. That way, the event's budget won't be gobbled up by all of the licensing fees for other properties. I always wanted to see Universal do an Old Western theme or something involving pirates; heck, how about a zombie-themed haunted house?

The Terror Tram DESPERATELY needs to be relocated. Now that Desperate Housewives is cancelled, they should move it over there; heck, why don't they have it in Six-Points Texas, the Jaws area, or even Little Europe? The current location is old, tired out, and creatively cumbersome. The neighbors are just slaughtering it with all of the noise complaints so they should just move it.

House of Horrors--Add some stuff and change some things up or just have it open as another "ride" and have a make-up house location somewhere else.

Retire Freakz please...and Klownz. Move the fire towers somewhere else so the event doesn't feel rehashed.

As for everything else, I don't care what they have as long as it's new and I haven't seen a carbon-copy of it before.

As for the whole shows issue, I'm happy with just Bill and Ted right now. I would rather that they use that money that would go into a second show for improving in all of the factors I had just listed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    The Terror Tram DESPERATELY needs to be relocated. Now that Desperate Housewives is cancelled, they should move it over there; heck, why don't they have it in Six-Points Texas, the Jaws area, or even Little Europe? The current location is old, tired out, and creatively cumbersome. The neighbors are just slaughtering it with all of the noise complaints so they should just move it.
    Not going to happen. Despite the Housewives leaving Colonial Street, production will continue in all the areas (and surrounding area) you've mentioned, even at night. Studio first, theme park second.

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    i still think transformers will use the old backdraft queue as the extended.
    So do I.

And with Transformers filling up the Backdraft queue, where do you suppose the queue for Hostel will go? It's a dead end down there no matter what and there won't be anymore space, it's just something we have to realize :-/ They can't have it zig zag down the street either because there needs to be an entry way for Transformers along with an exit way, and an entry way for Hostel, including an exit way, not to mention there's a sidewalk on both sides and if crowded, could cause some excessive tripping. I would say the street under the escalators and they could just reverse the facade but that's used as a handicap route for the vans.

If Trans uses the Mummy extended, no maze spot.
    If Trans uses the Backdraft queue, no queue for a maze in the Mummy extended.
    Can't put a maze in the Backdraft queue, once again, no queue area.

I'm sure they'll find a replacement maze area, maybe even down on the lower lot, but this spot will be gone next year. I'm almost 75% sure of it!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^if they find a new spot that will almost make me madder too.....why the hell if they have more spots arn't they using them?

Knotts does 13...yes 13 mazes (and more rides are open) but Universal has only had 5-7 heck even Six Flags has 8 now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast