• Lights! Camera! Magic!

Transformers: USS

After living in Singapore for more than a year, I decided to get my USS AP a few days ago!

Starting a few days ago, USS is currently running through technical rehearsals with there Transformers Ride. The wait time was a mild 75 minute waiting on a Sunday evening. On my Sunday visit I managed to ride the ride 5 times, and out of the 5 it broke down once. I haven't rode 'The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman' in IOA or that Harry Potter ride, but thats what this ride is. A Transformers version of those rides. I enjoyed this ride, the que scenery was well done along with the props in the ride itself.

PICTURES BELOW!

Spoiler
    Explanation of the ride; You start off riding in a blue autobot car, possibly an autobot that hasn't appeared in the film. The setting is in the NEST base and you have to protect the allspark at allcost. You your vehicle leaves the station and makes a 2 left turns and one right turn thus encountering your first 3D segment. In this first scene you are about to grab the allspark when all of sudden *BAM* a leopard deceptacon jumps on your vehicle and runs off with the all spark. This then triggers a 180 turn to the next scene where you chase after the allspark and run into Bumblebee. In this scene Bumblebee stops the jaguar deceptacon from getting away and gives you the allspark and shortly after Bumblebee is attacked and your car speeds to the left down a short hallway to the next 3D screen. In this segment you're out on the street and you encounter megatron and optimus prime. Megatron chases you down the street for a few seconds and fires a missile. This triggers your vehicle to go in reverse while everything around turns red-orange and it gets hot. You spin to the screen to encounter Megatron in a subway station trying to kill you with his helicopter blades when all of a sudden a train rushes by and smashes it off causing the vehicle to make a 180 then making a u turn to another screen. This is where you encounter optimus and megatron for a few seconds then speed off to your next screen. In this part youre about to enter a helicopter, but then Starscream shoots it down and nearly kills you but runs off from the army trying to kill him. I don'd remember much after this, but you fall off a building bumblebee saves you and your last screen is optimus prime praising you calling you 'freedom fighters'. There are other scenes I didn't mention due to its complexity. hahaha

Last edited by Disneyland95; 11-23-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    End of post!

Re: Transformers: USS

thanks for the report... you waited in line 5 times, 75 minutes each time?!? That's devotion!

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    thanks for the report... you waited in line 5 times, 75 minutes each time?!? That's devotion!
    No, I went through the express line 5 times
    End of post!

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

More pictures!

End of post!

• Minion

Awsome ,thanx for the update cant wait for the hollywood one to open.just out of curiosity why does certain areas of USS have those sun roof things.

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

The average temperatures here in Singapore are about 89-72 fahrenheit daily and when you add direct sun light, it's quite hot. The sun roofs match perfectly with the Sci-Fi area, but not so much with the New York and Hollywood area. They are quite useful during rainy days which has been happening a lot in the past 2 weeks. It's been raining every afternoon at around 5 to 6 PM. The New York area is the heavily populated section of the park with people standing around, taking pictures or sitting on the bench.
    End of post!

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

Here's a quick 411 in USS;

Just 3 days until the world premier of 'Transformers: The Ride'

Earlier tonight, i've spotted a few crates with the autobot logos marked on them.

Here's a picture of some other temporary set up, located away from the ride.

I present to you, some sort of new autobot.

Perhaps, a brief appearance by Linkin Park or Michael Bay?

End of post!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

awesome! Thank you for the updates!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Blog Entries

Are there any animatronics in the ride anywhere or is it all 3d based.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

O.O So, pretty much, if you looked in Spoiler section of his first post, it sounds like it's all screen, no animatronics? Is this correct? or am I missing something?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Are there any animatronics in the ride anywhere or is it all 3d based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    O.O So, pretty much, if you looked in Spoiler section of his first post, it sounds like it's all screen, no animatronics? Is this correct? or am I missing something?

Timekeeper
    Yes, unfortunately there is no animatronics in the ride, just props everywhere. I think it's fine without any animatronics.

You're welcome, more updates on the 3rd!
    End of post!

•   
    • Minion

thanks for sharing

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you so much for this thread and photos!!!

I heard back from a senior attraction designer at a major theme park chain who had nothing but praise for this ride. The new ride is apparently an improvement over the amazing Spiderman ride and has perfected the ride technology.

There are no animatronics, but the speed of current animatronics compared to the fast action of the 3D movie segments likely wouldn't jive very well. Animatronics might also make the 3D not look as convincing if they were in proximity to each other.

The only potential negative is the complicated plot and lack of knowledge that many will have about the Transformers in general. However, the ride has been constructed to be entertaining even if you don't understand any of it.

The early buzz is that this ride is a step up from Spiderman and one notch below Harry Potter on the greatest themed attractions in the world scale.

Can't wait to see it for myself when in opens in Hollywood.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

^Wow. I'm actually one of the people who prefer Spiderman over Potter. If its better than Spiderman, then it really should be the greatest ride ever made.

• Lights! Camera! Magic!

Quick Update!

It appears that I may have missed the premier of Transformers: The Ride. It may have took place last night on December 2nd or possibly later tonight. All the props from November 30th disappeared, I did however spot a yellow Chevy Camero backstage while on the monorail, unfortunately I wasn't able to snap a picture of it.

Todays Studio Guide

http://i.imgur.com/ibxsJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7EVLO.jpg
    Here are picture from earlier today;

Refer to my last post and you'll see this area decorated with Transformers props.

Lots of people. A majority of the lighting and stage equipment vanished.

Mild waiting time.

H
    eres a video of the premier that took place December 2nd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1e5Pk_AKRuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Disneyland95; 12-03-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Resizing images and added video
    End of post!