Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Replacement for Tokyo Drift on the USH Studio Tour

This idea has been floating around in my head for awhile. The Tokyo Drift section of the Studio Tour is a dull and boring scene to watch IMO. What if they bring back one of my favorite shows and make a small Backdraft scene in there instead? Dress the outside like a warehouse and have a version of the show that was on the lower lot.

Let me know what you think!

• Video Warrior

Talking Re: Replacement for Tokyo Drift on the USH Studio Tour

I like this idea.

It definitely should be on their list of things to replace, it's so out of date and every "current" movie tie-in they have in the park seems dated almost immediately.

Considering how much those mechanical arm things might have cost, I'm not too certain they want to remove them so hastily. I really can't see much use for them in a Backdraft set-up (the stage still gets gas for the "Explosion" part so that makes Backdraft a little more likely. Just a theory . . .

Personally, I wish Universal still had the Battlestar Galactica license . . . but now that's me daydreaming . . . XD

Re: Replacement for Tokyo Drift on the USH Studio Tour

Backdraft is more dated than Tokyo Drift. I see more likely they would update to something like Harry Potter, if the Fast and the Furious theme was removed and not change to the current film.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercylinder View Post
    Personally, I wish Universal still had the Battlestar Galactica license . . . but now that's me daydreaming . . . XD
    They do don't they? Hence the BSG ride in Singapore?

• Video Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    They do don't they? Hence the BSG ride in Singapore?
    I guess they do yeah, it's not clear which one though . . . It's the new one right? 'cuz Hollywood's Universal was all over the old one in the 70's.

Regardless, some BSG love in Hollywood is totally cool in my book . . .

• keh!

Backdraft is out dated and i'm not sure many young people these days would say "oh yeah, Backdraft." but i would honestly prefer that over Tokyo Drift. that scene is just embarrassing and bland. the only thing i like about it are the vending machines that remind me of Tokyo. but an indoor fire effects stage would be much much better.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

If we are talking about dated, the whole studio tour is. Jaws, flash flood, parting the waters, earthquake. It would be more fun with backdraft then cars dancing to "gasolina"

• Video Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    If we are talking about dated, the whole studio tour is. Jaws, flash flood, parting the waters, earthquake. It would be more fun with backdraft then cars dancing to "gasolina"
    Exactly!

If anyhting they need to find that sweetspot where they can celebrate all the classics!

(why not try to bring BTTF's presense back into the parks?)

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I love the idea but I think that type of attraction worked better when you were in it, to get the similar experience of a fireman (was that the point? I could be wrong haha).

Personally, ANYTHING would be better there as long as a) it wasn't 3D b) and didn't have dancing cars. The spot is relatively small so not a whole lot could be done. However, I think it'd be cool if whenever JP4 is made, they spotlight some fully functional, full-sized, dino-animatronics. Might be a bit redundant with the JP ride though.

Or what about an ET segment? That'd be nice to bring back to the park. Or if they demolish Shrek for HP World, maybe Shrek's swamp?

Ah, and yes! BTTF! A scene with the Deloreon coming towards the tram at full speed, it then vanishes (thick fog and then a trap door) and left behind is a trail of flames. That'd be awesome!

Me dreaming is a Scott Pilgrim vs. The World scene where you enter into a nightclub and you're in between a band-off.

• Timelord

I was really hoping we'd get something BTTF related for the anniversary in 2015, and considering 2015 was such a huge part of the movie.

With the HP expansion happening though, I can't see them doing any other new attractions in the meantime, so unless they pull something out of their backsides quickly I'll just have to make due with having had the chance a few times to have walked around Hill Valley Square.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I agree. Tokyo & Kong are the few fresh breaths of air on the tour & 1 of them I don't want. Rather breath in fumes from a burning warehouse.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Whoever was talking about the delorean disappearing. I was thinking of the exact same thing. But with Backdraft, that is why I chose that location. Not much you can do with its landscape and a small backdraft show would be fun. Make it look like a tram repair shop or something and have it go from there? I don't know, but Universal had always been E.T., Backdraft, Back to the Future etc. the instant classics brought to life in the park. I would just love something small for backdraft, even BTTF on the studio tour where it brings us back to these classics. Maybe when filming is not going on in the courtyard, have a small scene where doc brown and Marty are trying to go back or forward in time. Kind of like the small psycho scene they have now.

Hmm, I personally think the building needs a roof first of all. So many more things you can do with a roof. Some lighting if they don't replace the show could at least make it better... Although I'd be down for a updated Backdraft show. Imagine new pyrotechnic technology in that area, would be sooo epic.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well....really when they start redoing the Tram in the next couple of years they need to decide whether they are going to make the tour a more classic experiences (Bates Hotel, BTTF, Jurassic Park, Jaws) or New Movies (Fast and the Furious, The Mummy etc)

I'd rather it be more classic and have you tour current sets but all the "attraction" parks be based off classic films like Jaws and BTTF.......but as COOL as Backdraft Universal wants another thing like Kong that will draw a HUGE crowd.

While the Tokyo section the tram is my least favorite part and needs to be replaced, I don't agree with many of the other comments.

The classic studio tour is the best part. How can you not like Jaws, Flash Flood, Earthquake?
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast