Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Universal Crowds in April?

I just needed some information regarding the crowd levels in April. I'm going to Universal on Saturday, April 21st. We will be staying at the park till around 6pm because we have tickets to American Idiot that night. Does anyone know if the crowds are manageable around this time or is it a nightmare? I appreciate any info... it's been at least 6 years since I was last there.

Oh yes... is this "all you can eat" pass worth it?

Thank you!!!

Re: Universal Crowds in April?

I just checked the hours of operation for that day and since they are open until 800pm, it will be busy. With that being said, the crowds should be manageable with the highest wait time being around 60min. If you want to avoid waiting in long lines for the rides, I would recommend going when it opens. When they open the park around 9am, you will enjoy very light crowds with minimal wait times. By the time you get done with them, you will be able to enjoy the shows. Although if you do go right when they open, you might end up leaving before 6pm. USH is a small park and if you manage to avoid the lines, you get most of the park done quickly.

Also, the all you can eat pass is only worth it if you are planning on eating at least twice and if you like the restaurants accepting the ayce. I personally like eating at the International cafe and the Cantina, which do not accept the AYCE. However, if you like pizzas, hamburgers, and fried chicken you should be fine. Plus you get a dessert! You should try the brookie if you see one

Hope you have fun!

I've been going this April. Most rides are around a 30 - 50 minute wait. If you want to just get on something quick, House of Horrors will ALWAYS be a 10 minute wait if you arrive after 12:00pm.

Visit the park in this order. You will be able to get everything done with time to spare. First, get there early. At least by 1:30pm, 11:00am is ideal if you don't want to rush through things. if they are closing at 7:00pm. Keep track of all showtimes and when the Studio Tour closes. Once you arrive go straight to the bottom lot. Ride Jurassic Park and then The Mummy. Take advantage of any Single Rider opportunities if no other members of your party wish to ride or your willing to split up. Next, NBC Universal. Then make your way back to the Main Lot. Go to the Studio Tour. Next, see Waterworld (The Studio Tour takes around an hour to complete and Waterworld only shows a couple times a day). Make note of the next showing of Special Effects Stage. Go see Shrek 4D. Next, go see Special Effects Stage. Make note of what time T2:3D begins. Go see Animal Actors. Then go see T2:3D. By this time you should have around 2 or 3 sum-odd hours left. Use this time to ride The Simpsons and catch a bite to eat. Your left with just House of Horrors. Catch it on your way out (10 or 15 minutes till' closing).

This plan is just based on wait times when I go to Universal so you might have to adapt a bit but I can assure you the first half of the plan, you'll make pretty good time. Also remember you can check wait times anywhere in the park if you have a web-enabled phone. Just go to USHWaitTimes.com.

• Minion

By April 21st, Transformers should be soft opening on a regular basis (Employee preview is April 18) so this will significantly alter your day.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^an plans on opening restaurants earlier since the park will be opening at 8 AM on most of the days in the summer? My friends and I always hated getting there like 9 AM...going down to the lower lot to ride JP and having to wait til 11 to get food

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^an plans on opening restaurants earlier since the park will be opening at 8 AM on most of the days in the summer? My friends and I always hated getting there like 9 AM...going down to the lower lot to ride JP and having to wait til 11 to get food
    I would hope so. Ultimately it's up to the bean counters.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^lets hope so.......I mean realistically I'll go to Universal....once...maybe twice this summer since....the last two summers have been wayyy too Crazy for someone like me that likes to go when you can just walk onto the Mummy and Jurassic Park but I am hoping they open restaurants earlier since it sucks having to wait til 11 to get food

Thank you everyone for the advice and tips! I really do appreciate it. Just as long as the lines aren't 2 hours for everything... I think we'll be ok . I'm also still up in the air on the all you can eat pass. Some say use it, some say don't. Although I'm not counting on it, I hope that we'll get lucky and catch the Transformers soft opening!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Thank you everyone for the advice and tips! I really do appreciate it. Just as long as the lines aren't 2 hours for everything... I think we'll be ok . I'm also still up in the air on the all you can eat pass. Some say use it, some say don't. Although I'm not counting on it, I hope that we'll get lucky and catch the Transformers soft opening!

FYI: American Idiot ruled. saw it last night.

• Team Hail HYDRA

My dad got the pass and he shared even thought you can't
    i loved it because I got braces and not many places had food that was not in a meal

But most importantly have a great time!!!!!!!!

• Diamond In The Rough

I'll be there on the 21st too!
    As we're doing it as part of a bigger LA trip (including DL!) we've sprung for Front Of Line passes.

Does the above touring plan still work if you have them?
    I'd read in Samland's great Micechat articles that you should hit the tour first...

http://micechat.com/blogs/samland/31...-part-one.html

http://micechat.com/blogs/samland/32...-part-two.html

http://micechat.com/blogs/samland/32...art-three.html

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

It might not be a good idea to the AYCE pass if you're leaving early and not eating at least two meals in the park.

If you don't have tickets yet, it might also be a good idea to purchase tickets online to save from waiting in another line. There are always offers that are available online and not at the gate.
    Special Offers Outer | Universal Studios Hollywood

And if you think there's a small chance that you'll be returning to the park, they also have good offers like "Buy a Day, get 2012 Free" which costs the same as a one-day ticket, has really minimal blackout dates and includes benefits like discounts on in-park food, beverage and merchandise, discounts to select places at CityWalk and passholder entrance. I purchased a similar offer and have gotten my money's worth from it even though I live in Nor Cal and have only used it twice or so.
    Annual Pass Overview | Universal Studios Hollywood

There's also the value pass which is around $90 and includes the same benefit as the other pass except there are no blackout dates.

(Have fun at American Idiot! I saw it in Berkeley during pre-Broadway tryouts and really enjoyed it. Plus it was great getting to meet a few Broadway stars.)
    Last edited by andlin; 04-12-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors

• Minion

TRANSFORMERS OPENS MAY 25

Might come to Ush tomorrow if the weather is good but I have to ask if there's anything there to satisfy the Onceler Fangirl I'm becoming, lol

• Minion

is the all you can eat pass worth it? no. you will need to order food 7 times for it to be worth it. and that's not possible to eat that much food for one person. I think it's $25 per person without drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast