View Poll Results: What did you think of TRANSFORMERS THE RIDE 3D?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUTOBOTS, ROLL OUT!! AMAZING! MUST RIDE!

40 72.73%
  • Really good ride but Spider-Man might be better

15 27.27%
  • Just OK

0 0%
  • Didn't like it

0 0%
  • Don't waste your time

0 0%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Re: Transformers The Ride 3D -- Micechat Reviews!

I work in Hollywood so left work early and took the red line over late in the afternoon. Walked right on with the single rider line and even got a row to myself on one of the rides. I am very impressed with the ride and think it an awesome addition, but not as impressed as others. I grew up in Florida and going to Islands of Adventure. Spider-Man has always been one of my favorite rides, and I just don't think it matches up. My disappointment is that it relies too much on the screens and not enough on practical effects. Spider-Man does such a better job integrating the practical effects and the screens, that it really feels like a dark ride. But Transformers does not accomplish that - it's an amazing ride, but it's just a simulator ride that moves from screen to screen. I wish Universal had done more to integrate the props - a screen on the army truck, have one of the helicopters explode and leap up - just something! But no, they just sat there and that was disappointing. It's otherwise a top notch ride that I really look forward to ridinig again. I just wish it has more of the traditional dark ride elements, which is why I believe I will enjoy RSR significantly more.

• secure all cargo

re: Transformer's The Ride 3D - MiceChat Reviews & Guide

posted by StevenW.
    To suggest Indy is better from animatronics gives too much credit for the lack of execution in this area.
    I thought I was saying Harry Potter was better because of the animatronics.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well most (including my self) will always like Spiderman more.....I mean to be honest Spiderman him self i more likeable then any of the Transformers Robots and the villains in Spiderman are all VERY different...while in Transformers they are all Robots, that are either black, gray or brown (for the bad guys)
    Also like you said Spiderman just feels more like a dark ride (I would say an adult dark ride) but in the end of the day especially with Spiderman just getting upgrades too, its still a ten out of ten ride

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wait a minute....

And my biggest wish for the ending is to have Optimus Prime be an animatronic. Woulda been so cool to have it talking to us in full scale...

He's 32 Ft. tall. I think he's taller than the building!
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^well most (including my self) will always like Spiderman more.....I mean to be honest Spiderman him self i more likeable then any of the Transformers Robots and the villains in Spiderman are all VERY different...while in Transformers they are all Robots, that are either black, gray or brown (for the bad guys)
    I dunno...personally I've always loved Optimus Prime and found him to be more likeable than most, while Spidey can sometimes come across as whiny and angsty. Probably just personal preference on my part.

I've never been on the Spiderman ride though, so maybe my opinion will change. Is it pretty much the same kind of ride?
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    I've never been on the Spiderman ride though, so maybe my opinion will change. Is it pretty much the same kind of ride?
    It uses the same ride system, but there aren't as many "motion simulator" scenes and it relys quite a bit on physical effects.

• Some imagination, huh?

Transformers the ride is awesome!! Hands down one of the best rides ever made. The ride really does a good job immersing you into the story besides the ridiculous mural on the very front. If they would have spent the money and time to make a nice looking themed facade the ride would be almost perfect. I would say I give the ride a 9.5 with a half a point deduction coming from the lack of thoroughly hiding the show building

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    I dunno...personally I've always loved Optimus Prime and found him to be more likeable than most, while Spidey can sometimes come across as whiny and angsty. Probably just personal preference on my part.

I mean he's cool...but characteristic wise Spiderman usually is deeper, he falls in love, fights with inner demons and even has to fight his own friends some times........while Optimis is more of just a leader and hero with no real things that make him a "sympothtic" character

• i heart plunging v-necks

Took the ride twice this afternoon. I could see as to why people are fawning over it. But as someone who has experienced both Spiderman and HP Forbidden Journey I thought Transformers was just OK. The attraction is quite repetitive, I didn't find the extended battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron to be that exciting.

There's no stand out scene; everything meshes together. A little more variety in the action and integration of 3D with real elements would have heightened the experience. Throughout the ride I was completely aware that I was looking at a rectangular screen with *stationary* props in the foreground.

Overall, it is nice addition to a park that desperately needs a hit. The upper lot is in such a SAD condition!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    Took the ride twice this afternoon. I could see as to why people are fawning over it. But as someone who has experienced both Spiderman and HP Forbidden Journey I thought Transformers was just OK. The attraction is quite repetitive, I didn't find the extended battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron to be that exciting.

There's no stand out scene; everything meshes together. A little more variety in the action and integration of 3D with real elements would have heightened the experience. Throughout the ride I was completely aware that I was looking at a rectangular screen with *stationary* props in the foreground.

Overall, it is nice addition to a park that desperately needs a hit. The upper lot is in such a SAD condition!

I kind of have to agree. A lot of the action feels very similar, way too in your face, and much like the film... very messy. What makes Spider-Man more fun is that you have much smaller characters in front of you and it's easier to focus your eye.

But Transformers Ride is pretty awesome and the first of its kind in California. So for anyone who is riding this kind of ride for the first time, it's going to blow them away.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Steve-o was at the park today,and his 2 tweets about the ride have to be my favorite review yet!

Twitter
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Steve-o was at the park today,and his 2 tweets about the ride have to be my favorite review yet!

Twitter
    lmao! His review was beautifully written.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    . The attraction is quite repetitive, I didn't find the extended battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron to be that exciting.

Yeah this is what I was saying....no cool moments that could not have been in the film...would have been since to see some people like Bumblebee vs Starscream...or Ratchet vs Megaton but not just more of the same. But hey it was made as an action ride not a ride ment to be a classic like Pirates or even Jurassic Park

• Toad Hall

I just got to ride it today, and what can say- most crazy awesome thing I have been on in a long time and my girlfriend loved it too. Since we have never had done the florida versions of these rides, this was a real treat. Cant wait to go on it again.

If anyone plans on going in the future for soft openings I would recoomend lining up about 15 minutes before noon as that was the time they let you in and wait. Once people saw that the line grew all the way back towards Jurassic Park today and by the time I got out of the ride, the wait was 40 minutes. So the word has gotten out and is already pulling in big numbers!!
    <font size=4> </font>

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    I just got to ride it today, and what can say- most crazy awesome thing I have been on in a long time and my girlfriend loved it too. Since we have never had done the florida versions of these rides, this was a real treat. Cant wait to go on it again.

If anyone plans on going in the future for soft openings I would recoomend lining up about 15 minutes before noon as that was the time they let you in and wait. Once people saw that the line grew all the way back towards Jurassic Park today and by the time I got out of the ride, the wait was 40 minutes. So the word has gotten out and is already pulling in big numbers!!
    I was there today too!

My 3 friends came to ride it and they were speechless.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-21-2012, 06:56 AM
  2. 05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
  3. 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM
  4. 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
  5. 04-29-2012, 09:25 PM
  6. 04-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  7. 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM
  8. 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM