Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

tear down coke soak haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    tear down coke soak haha
    this

I don't want to say anything I can't, but I think this would be the smartest plan, though everything is already planned and put in place.

As much as I love T2, tear down the building, build Hogwarts. Use Baker street as Hogsmeade.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Team Hail HYDRA

Yes they could do that but with the parking under T23D could potter be fine with structureall stuff .........

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I don't want to say anything I can't, but I think this would be the smartest plan, though everything is already planned and put in place.

As much as I love T2, tear down the building, build Hogwarts. Use Baker street as Hogsmeade.
    I really think that area is by far better to use then the other side

1)More land considering you can always us the hill to hide the show buildings (can have a coaster that runs up and down the hill, where on the other side not enough room for a big coaster)
    Besides the Hill there is also an old Chinese restaurant that is not used about 100 feet from the T2 area (down near caster member parking) once again its bigger enough for a WHOLE new area for Potterland, which unless hey are taking out parts of Citywalk they wont have room for

2) FREE advertisement Yes a castle that can be seen from the 101 (if they put the caste where T2 is) seems to be the best way to advertise and get hype among all the people heading to work or even Disneyland.

3) This side of the park has weaker attractions (besides T2...the rest can go and no one will care.....Water World is still very very poplar and even Shrek gets the same lines as T2)

So to me the fact that T2's side has more room (will cost a lot to make it happen but it will be worth it in the end), Free advertisement for the park and really I must stress again MORE room means more rides, and more people that can come in over rushing the project and making it cheaper just to save a buck now

• MiceAge Columnist

Blog Entries

The light board is a one of a kind and if that broke the entire show would be shut down. In the recent contract for the Stage Managers, they were threatened with the show shutting down this summer if they did not give in to USH's demands. Most of the lighting equipment is obsolete and they are cannibalizing whatever they have. Toss in the damage done by the seat drop and it will be awhile before that space is anything more than a corporate events space.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Yes they could do that but with the parking under T23D could potter be fine with structureall stuff .........
    T2 drops it's seats every 15 minutes...I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    T2 drops it's seats every 15 minutes...I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Potter and T2 aren't the same kind of thing. Being on top of the parking structure is a big deal and when they built it they had to be careful to find the strength points on the structure. They can't have giant KUKA robot arms swinging around on ride tracks over there. Its a much different dynamic than a 3D movie that drops its seats every 15 minutes. Plus, tearing out a fully functional 3D movie theater only to build it somewhere else makes no sense.

Mark my words, Despicable Me is going into the old T23D Building, and WWoHP is going on the land currently occupied by Waterworld and the Gibson Amphitheater....and possibly into the back lot as well.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

I already know where it's going, I was just saying that I thought that area over near T2 would work, but I'm not an engineer, so I trust you guys

does anyone know when the construction is going to start on the HP land?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    does anyone know when the construction is going to start on the HP land?

• Rating: Awesome

I am almost sure WWoHP will not be going in T2...of you ever park in the frankenstein structure you can feel you car bounching up and down as you drive...that is because everytime the seats drop it messes with the structure...Also the chinese restarunt is used alot for filming and the movie studio with always take over rule the theme park...hell the park takes a back seat to the parking...i think if the despicable me ride over at USO is a hit with familes that T2 will be closed and gutted after HHN...only reason i say HHN is b/c they cannot afford to lose another maze space (i doubt there will be mazes in the lower lot b/c of the demand for transformers) I could also see them using alittle bit of the coke soak area but doubtful b/c of the reduced prices USh receives from coke (similar to cokes deal with disney)
    Last edited by scottpilgrim; 04-18-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typo

• Rookie Chatter

Potter has pretty much been fully confirmed for the areas where the Gibson/Shrek/Curious George are located - construction has already begun behind Waterworld for that, I'm pretty sure. People had been suggested Avatar as the re-theme for T2:3D, since Cameron is releasing two more of those movies. Such a bummer to see T2 go, but it really does show its age now.
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Potter has pretty much been fully confirmed for the areas where the Gibson/Shrek/Curious George are located - construction has already begun behind Waterworld for that, I'm pretty sure. People had been suggested Avatar as the re-theme for T2:3D, since Cameron is releasing two more of those movies. Such a bummer to see T2 go, but it really does show its age now.
    There is no construction either onstage and backstage going on near Water World.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Avatar is going to be in Disney Parks since they bought the rights to us the characters

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast