Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Rookie Chatter

Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    There is no construction either onstage and backstage going on near Water World.
    Really? Hm. Maybe my buddy was confusing the refurb for Waterworld for WWoHP stuff then.

As for Avatar - is it fully a Disney-only thing or something that Universal can work out a deal for?
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Disney bought the rights..only they can use them...rumor has it an Avatarland will be at the Animal Kingdom in a few years

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Betty Juice View Post
    Really? Hm. Maybe my buddy was confusing the refurb for Waterworld for WWoHP stuff then.

As for Avatar - is it fully a Disney-only thing or something that Universal can work out a deal for?
    WW goes down for its annual refurb every Jan/Feb(ish) so that may have been it. Other than a backstage road widening project last year, there's been nothing in that area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    does anyone know when the construction is going to start on the HP land?
    I take back my post. I'm hearing now that HP construction will start this year after HHN.

I have a idea, destroy the stuff that will be the problem (Cough t2 grill Cough) and replace that for mabye the extended quene with the story and put you in the new movie and join gru and all of the caracters in a all new version that does not copy the orlando version but use grus house for a new and kick-*** new exprinice!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I already know where it's going, I was just saying that I thought that area over near T2 would work, but I'm not an engineer, so I trust you guys
    Actually you're right....it totally would! Too bad about the parking structure thing though :/

---------- Post added 04-21-2012 at 01:28 AM ----------

I take back my post. I'm hearing now that HP construction will start this year after HHN.
    Great news! Although they wont be able to start dismantling The Gibson until the beginning of the year. I was looking at their schedule and they are booked up until Dec 28th (Unless they move to a different venue to finish out the year, which seems entirely plausible). An after HHN start date would make sense though if they are planning on taking out WW, its going to take a while to clear it (draining, scrap iron removal). They could clear out the area and start Hogsmead while they knock down the Gibson.

But, also, this guy I work with seems to think WW is safe (being such a highly rated show, and that the Entertainment department will fight tooth and nail to keep it). supposedly, he says that WWoHP is actually going to take up the Gibson/Tram Garage/Curious George area...except there just isn't enough room without taking out WW as well. I was looking at the Google Map of the Florida area and the Forbidden Journey building alone is massive.

Personally I think Shrek is safe, and HP will take up the space from Curious George to WW....Ive heard that HP is priority to anything else in the park. Of course what do I know, I'm not working on it....Even they might not know exactly what the plan is yet.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^i just really hate how we are getting a half a#$ potter land...the space is not even close to bigger enough for a project that will make them millions....just sad they can't use the T2 area (yes i know....the parking structure...its called rebuilding it to be the Forbidden Journey ride )
    To me that side has MUCH more room and attractions that can go and be forgot about....Water World is still one of the reasons people go to the park after the Tram

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I too love the Waterworld show but I mean, c'mon, it's so old now. I honestly believe that show is more popular than the movie! And comparing that show's popularity to HP, it's no question we'd rip out WW in a heartbeat. But Terminator has a massive fanbase (probably not as big as HPs, but still) and Shrek is one of the only child-friendly things in the park, aside from Animal Actors and Curious George (but does that last one count? haha).

My proposal: rip out WW, the Gibson, Curious George and Shrek. Replace Shrek with Despicable Me show. Replace WW, the Gibson and other surrounding areas with HP. Curious George will now simply be the entrance to HP land. Announce the end of T2:3D so fans can get one last season with it (summer seems too soon... Spring 2013?) and replace that with... I don't know, anything? That way, everybody's wishes come true!

I think the real loss here is the Gibson Amp. I've seen many shows there, been in the pit and backstage. I will be seeing Dream Theater there in July. It's a great venue.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

I'm confused about Despicable Me: the USF version is retaining the simulator aspect, correct? T2:3D's parking garage structure hopefully will be able to handle all those hydraulics unless they just keep it a regular 3D movie... which might be awkward.

It only makes sense. DM in 2013, and hopefully that, Transformers and maybe an addition to the studio tour in 2014 can tide the park over til HP opens in 2015. From what I see, Shrek, Curious George, WW and the Gibson will all leave for Harry Potter. Not to worry about space, look at Transformers: Universal will find a way to make it work. The loss of Shrek and Curious George will be helped by DM and possibly a new play area taking the place of Coke Soak, also themed to DM. They might even find a way to plant that kiddie coaster from IOA somewhere in there. The Wild West theater seems like a plausible space, although it has pretty much become "that space that's empty all year except Halloween and Christmas, but we REALLY need it then!"

Looks like as soon as the Mummy lockers/Jurassic play area construction is done, the lower lot aside from the changing Universal Experience exhibits will go untouched for the next long while. It's great to see USH finally cycling out the relics of the past. Hopefully they can also find a way to retool the ghastly Flintstones Rock Vegas midway.

• Rookie Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I think the real loss here is the Gibson Amp. I've seen many shows there, been in the pit and backstage. I will be seeing Dream Theater there in July. It's a great venue.
    I thought it was just being relocated? Are they axing it altogether? What a bummer if they are!
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

I believe so. Also, no one has mentioned this yet, but if HP does go Gibson side of the park, Studio Tour would also have to be relocated.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

actauly i think that despicable me could be a simulator and in 2015 and the tour could get bttf and wwohp and despicable me could be open in mabye july 1 2013 as like king kong's open date and the ride could be in shrek but they will have to gut out the theater and the front and main outdoor quene into a big quene and would be nice.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

with the rumor of HOB sunset getting shutdown, i think they should just build one at citywalk haha

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    Actually i think that despicable me could be a simulator
    Despicable Me will be what every Jimmy Neutron and The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara were. I think those were def simulator, but not BTTF or Star Tours. More Honey I shrunk the audience, maybe?
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast