Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
  1. #46

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    496

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Despicable Me will be what every Jimmy Neutron and The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara were. I think those were def simulator, but not BTTF or Star Tours. More Honey I shrunk the audience, maybe?
    They were like BTTF/Simpsons on a smaller scale. Numerous vehicles, one screen. And they're legit motion bases, not just seats that drop.

  2. #47

    • Timelord
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    380

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Is there really no chance of them building this on the lower lot? They have so much space!

    If they built Hogsmede with the stores and the restaurant, the castle, and a show, on the lower lot, that combined with a refurbishment of the upper lot would make USH such a solid contender for competition against Disney.

    Imagine USH with Transformers, Kong, Forbidden Journey, Hogsmede, Jurassic Park, Mummy, the Studio Tour, all on the lower lot and Despicable Me, the Special Effects Stage, the Blues Brothers show, The Simpsons, and Waterworld on the upper lot. (With T2, Curious George, and the Animal Actors all gone and replaced with 1-2 more rides and another show)

    One can dream I guess...

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Yeah without cutting into the actual movie studio, there's no possible way Harry Potter could fit on the lower lot.

  4. #49

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Is there really no chance of them building this on the lower lot? They have so much space!

    If they built Hogsmede with the stores and the restaurant, the castle, and a show, on the lower lot, that combined with a refurbishment of the upper lot would make USH such a solid contender for competition against Disney.

    Imagine USH with Transformers, Kong, Forbidden Journey, Hogsmede, Jurassic Park, Mummy, the Studio Tour, all on the lower lot and Despicable Me, the Special Effects Stage, the Blues Brothers show, The Simpsons, and Waterworld on the upper lot. (With T2, Curious George, and the Animal Actors all gone and replaced with 1-2 more rides and another show)

    One can dream I guess...
    Hogsmead is Def going into the upper lot...however, Ive heard rumors that they might also have something in the Lower Lot as well, specifically the 6 Points Texas area, possibly a Phase 2 section (Like the London area going into the old Jaws space in FL)....Apparently, pretty much most of the real estate is available to Potter if they want it (since they know if will be a MAJOR money maker), but I honestly don't know anything, this is from a friend of a friend.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  5. #50

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Found out the other day about the location of HP and an upcoming new attraction. I can neither confirm nor deny anything so don't ask

    ---------- Post added 04-28-2012 at 01:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Hogsmead is Def going into the upper lot...however, Ive heard rumors that they might also have something in the Lower Lot as well, specifically the 6 Points Texas area, possibly a Phase 2 section (Like the London area going into the old Jaws space in FL)....Apparently, pretty much most of the real estate is available to Potter if they want it (since they know if will be a MAJOR money maker), but I honestly don't know anything, this is from a friend of a friend.
    Six Points Texas is in the Back Lot not the Lower Lot. Front Lot and Back Lot are part of the Studio. Upper Lot and Lower Lot are part of the theme park. They're not going to build anything theme park related in the studio because there is no way to get guests there and back.

  6. #51

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Hogsmead is Def going into the upper lot...however, Ive heard rumors that they might also have something in the Lower Lot as well, specifically the 6 Points Texas area, possibly a Phase 2 section (Like the London area going into the old Jaws space in FL)....Apparently, pretty much most of the real estate is available to Potter if they want it (since they know if will be a MAJOR money maker), but I honestly don't know anything, this is from a friend of a friend.
    Couldnt potter be in shrek, we save waterworld but not other ride for 2015 exept a bttf tour thing for the film's 30 years and oh god it is going to be time for some speculation! "You built a time machine, out a delorean?" Marty from bttf I
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

  7. #52

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Six Points Texas is in the Back Lot not the Lower Lot. Front Lot and Back Lot are part of the Studio. Upper Lot and Lower Lot are part of the theme park. They're not going to build anything theme park related in the studio because there is no way to get guests there and back.
    Well, Six Points is getting torn down whether they put anything Potter related there or not, people don't shoot Westerns in Back Lots anymore, and 6 Points has seen better days. The "London" was my own speculation because Id heard that they were looking at 6 Points as possible expansion space. Potter is suppose to be changing the footprint of USH in a major way (I was told that, don't know what it means).

    As for getting people back and forth to a possible Back Lot expansion space, the Hogwarts Express ride would be the most logical solution....However, the guests would be trapped down there until they were able to take another Hogwarts express back up, so Unless they could come up with a better solution I think it would be a really bad idea.

    Also they've already thought about moving some of the theme park into the Back lot, there was a proposal a few years ago to expand the theme park into the back lot, and tear out the golf course behind the studios for more sound stage space (or apartments or something, its been awhile) Needless to say I don't think it passed, but they aren't opposed to using some of the Back Lot for more theme park expansion if its financially viable.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reseda, CA
    Posts
    346

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Well, Six Points is getting torn down whether they put anything Potter related there or not, people don't shoot Westerns in Back Lots anymore,
    .
    just about anything "western" on your television is flimed on six points still. the aquabats super show and that ATT ad are a few noted recent films

  9. #54

    • C4C6C
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I already know where it's going, I was just saying that I thought that area over near T2 would work, but I'm not an engineer, so I trust you guys
    Linus, you can just say it. The amphitheater will be closing and torn down to make way for Harry Potter. It is no secret anymore.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    hey flan, is the secret 2013 ride going to be announced in may and what ride will be gone? i'm thinking the ride you know is despicable me replacing terminator 2 3-d send me a pm if i'm right.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

  11. #56

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    just about anything "western" on your television is flimed on six points still. the aquabats super show and that ATT ad are a few noted recent films
    Yeah, but its falling apart and not really safe anymore. its just what I heard, maybe they filmed in the safer sections. I heard that a lot of it has seen better days and that they are looking at it as expansion space rather than spending the money to fix it up.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  12. #57

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Yeah, but its falling apart and not really safe anymore. its just what I heard, maybe they filmed in the safer sections. I heard that a lot of it has seen better days and that they are looking at it as expansion space rather than spending the money to fix it up.
    Structurally they're sound. It's the panels on the fronts and sides that look run down but they can be easily replaced. Actually, most if not all of 6 Points received a refurb some time last year. If the area was unsafe, there is no way trams would be allowed to drive down the street.

  13. #58

    • Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    341

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Structurally they're sound. It's the panels on the fronts and sides that look run down but they can be easily replaced. Actually, most if not all of 6 Points received a refurb some time last year. If the area was unsafe, there is no way trams would be allowed to drive down the street.
    Hmm, I probably misheard then. Since I don't work in trams my info is all second hand...but I have heard that they are looking at it as expansion space.
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 05-01-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

    "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

  14. #59

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Found out the other day about the location of HP and an upcoming new attraction. I can neither confirm nor deny anything so don't ask

    ---------- Post added 04-28-2012 at 01:54 AM ----------
    .
    Yeah waterworld has been confirmed to be delmolished along with the gibson venue, after HHN 2012 so expect lots of "stardust " in late fall early winter. as for the other ride , T2 is going to be closed from what i read online. despicable me might come in but i would be so sure of that.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    229

    Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

    For me i would like gru and the minions to be in hollywood for advertising on Despicable me 2 and universals going to lose george after HHN 2012 hollywood so despicable me is a advantage from the movie's box office. and mabye they can retheme the curious george parking lot with minion's so bring the minion's!
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •