Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

Is it possible that Waterworld could stay and the entrance to Potter basically be the entrance to the Gibson? I'm not exactly sure how many hills or what's in the way back there but if you rid of the Gibson, the area behind NY Street, Shrek, Curious George and up to the hill where the Studio Tour is, it seems like quite a lot of area. I think it's possible Waterworld can stay, but hopefully change it into something else that can also have the same amount of explosions and water stunts. Maybe a Fast and the Furious type show and they can get rid of that stupid thing on the Studio Tour? Fast and the Furious kinda reminds me of Miami Vice in an odd way anyway... just without the water. I imagine that would rake in way more popularity than Waterworld and they could make use of one of their most popular franchises in an entertaining way. Universal kinda needs a really big stunt show since WWW is gone and the Castle theater is occupied by the Special Effects stage instead of the likes of Conan, Beetlejuice or Spiderman. So one area where we can sit down and watch action would be nice because as much as I love and want more rides at Universal, I don't want the "old Universal" to disappear. If Despicable Me moves in to T2, Waterworld and Shrek are taken over by HP, Special Effects currently using up a major show space -- what would be left of any action packed shows?

I also love the idea of moving all of the kids stuff to the left side of the park.

My proposal:
    - Keep the Waterworld arena, retheme it to Fast and the Furious (no dancing cars)
    - Remove T2, replace with Despicable Me and a minion play area over Coke Soak.
    - Remove Shrek, behind NY streets, the Gibson, Curious George and surrounding area for HP.
    - Replace Fast and Furious on the Studio Tour for ANYTHING.

I just had a weird thought. Not like I want it to happen... but what if they replaced House of Horrors with Gru's House and Underground Lair?

If WaterWorld is rethemed to anything, it'll involve water. That's pretty much the only reason it's still around and popular.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Shrek is a show. Despicable Me is a ride. If anything, Shrek shares more redundancy with Terminator. Although DM hasn't been announced for USH anyway.
    True, but if they are taking both out it makes more sense to convert T2 since its already set up for 3D (which Shrek isn't). but that alone isn't the reason Id take out Shrek. It seems awfully new to be taking out. Ive been poring over the Goggle Map of USH and I'm starting to feeling like removing Shrek is way too much space, especially if they are moving back into the tram garage area.

Who knows, maybe only Curious George will be removed and will serve as the Potter Entrance. Taking out the Shrek poses a few problems, mainly the fact that the building and the New York Street in the front are the same building, taking out Shrek effects more than just Shrek and it's an awfully large amount of space for just an entrance.

Its true that DM hasn't been announced yet, however they just started selling Minion Mayhem merch in the park, foreshadowing perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Are you sure Universal had to purchase licensing from Dreamworks? They were both distributors for the first two Shrek films, before Paramount bought the studio.
    Oh, I might be wrong about that...Hmmm, I don't see why they'd need to if they released it. Good point thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize Uni was involved with Shrek.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

anyone going to the press for the opening of the Transformers ride? i guess there will be one coming up soon ( i have no clue on when and where) but a friend in marketing told me they will be doing one like a opening ceremony for transformers

which will hopefully answer all of our questions on whats next haha

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

So, rumor has it that pieces of the T2 extension queue are being removed permanently while they are building this years HHN Maze. The removal is in preparation for the next attraction that will go there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^would make sense....wonder how long it will take them to make it a despicable me ride

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    So, rumor has it that pieces of the T2 extension queue are being removed permanently while they are building this years HHN Maze. The removal is in preparation for the next attraction that will go there.
    Murdy said a back wall was removed to bring in some piece of the maze because it was so large.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^would make sense....wonder how long it will take them to make it a despicable me ride
    Dont know, but they have a job ahead of them. Supposedly the Orland version has 2 theaters, so they wll probably be splittng the theater in two (there is M0RE than enough room).....plus the exterior queue is going to need some major work, its very large. Even if they start after HHN, im still not sure they can finish it before next Summer.

---------- Post added 08-02-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Murdy said a back wall was removed to bring in some piece of the maze because it was so large.
    No reason to put the wall back i guess i wonder how they would have handled that if T2 was staying open.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'd say a good time then would be by next Christmas, I'm sure Transformers and Kong will keep bringing guests in...and the House of Horrors is getting redone...so throw in a new show next summer and I think the crowds will stay high

^..and the House of Horrors is getting redone...
    Did I miss this rumor? Whats been said about redoing HoH?

i really think despicable me minion mayhem chance for next year is really bg but i do not think a maze will be in despicable me until 2 years or they will use the last top floor area on Frankensein's valet area for a maze like 1994-2000.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    Did I miss this rumor? Whats been said about redoing HoH?
    Rumors are it's going down by September and will be redo until the Christmas season..though it WILL be open during HHN

We'll have to see what they mean by redo....I think the same layout with a few new hiding places and some rooms getting redone

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Rumors are it's going down by September and will be redo until the Christmas season..though it WILL be open during HHN

We'll have to see what they mean by redo....I think the same layout with a few new hiding places and some rooms getting redone
    I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with ParaNorman.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ohhh lets hope...they don't make it for kids....I'd be all for ParaNorman in the mazes just keep it scary

Sad Re: (Rumor) T2:3D to End it's Run at USH by the end of this Summer?

I want Terminator to stay.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast