Transformers Ride Layout

In some miracle, Universal crammed Transformers into what looks like a ridiculously small show building, and I for one am now anxious to know how they managed to do it. Does anyone know where one can find a ride/queue layout for Transformers:The Ride?

Re: Transformers Ride Layout

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude12 View Post
    In some miracle, Universal crammed Transformers into what looks like a ridiculously small show building, and I for one am now anxious to know how they managed to do it. Does anyone know where one can find a ride/queue layout for Transformers:The Ride?
    Well the ride does indeed feel crammed on some spots. The queue line can get remarkably small and closed in at some points. The ceiling can even get as low as about 7 feet. But its still a good ride. Basically, the main queue runs around the left side of the building and winds zig-zagged around the middle, leading into the loading station which I believe is about in the middle of the basement, the queue also takes place on that floor. The front of the line queue follows the main queue at around half-way and is basically a replica, it runs along side the entrance queue. The single rider queue flows directly to the basement and meets with the station on the right side of it. Almost all of the queue takes place on the first floor.

A good section of the ride also takes place in the basement, up until the "Autobots, roll out!" scene which is actually a cleverly disguised elevator ride up onto the 2nd floor. Then the cars curve around the 2nd floor in sort of a loose horse-shoe-like shape, I believe there is a track-switch at one point. Then you go into the "He wants the allspark, he can have it" scene which is a elevator ride back into the basement. Your car makes a 180 degree turn onto the famous "Well done, freedom fighters!" scene. The car makes another 90 degree turn onto Megatron's remains and just like magic, your back at the station. This might be a little off as I've figured this all out from speculation and differences in incline. But I'm sure its mostly accurate as I've seen the building without the walls and the 2nd floor does have higher walls.

• Minion

The size of the show building as seen from the outside is misleading. The ride may seem like it's contained all on the same level but actually it operates on two levels. There are two lifts that transport the ride vehicles up and down between the levels. Guests don't notice the change because as you travel up/down the lift shafts, the projectors move with the vehicle carriage creating a seamless transition. It's genius, really.

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The size of the show building as seen from the outside is misleading. The ride may seem like it's contained all on the same level but actually it operates on two levels. There are two lifts that transport the ride vehicles up and down between the levels. Guests don't notice the change because as you travel up/down the lift shafts, the projectors move with the vehicle carriage creating a seamless transition. It's genius, really.
    Yes, I agree. Very clever. If you look behind you during the rooftop scene, you can tell. And if you look to the left during the first optimus scene you can tell as well.

• Certified in everything

If you are interested in the exact ride layout, the basement level layout is visible in the bottom left of the screen at 1:38 in this video. You can see where the elevators are positioned relative to the entire building.

Also, it is not shown in the video but the top right of the layout drawing is where the vehicle maintenance area is located.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

3 stories. Basement included.

I like to think it's amazing that not only that the ride is crammed in there, but THREE lines as well.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee